Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense

+2
Nomad
Kenzu
6 posters

Go down

How much bigger should be your strike than enemy defense so that you can farm him with no losses (both players will have no losses)

No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Vote_lcap46%No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]
No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Vote_lcap15%No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Vote_lcap0%No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Vote_lcap8%No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Vote_lcap0%No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Vote_lcap31%No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Empty No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense

Post by Kenzu Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:22 pm

My strike was 15.000 times higher than enemy defense and still I have losses.
Sure the losses aren't high, but I suggest the following:

When farming or raiding someone and attacker has 200 or 1000 times higher force, than enemy defense, then enemy should simply "flee in panic" and there should be no losses on both sides.

(Why no losses on both sides? Because you shouldn't be able to kill things for free on Aderan Wars)

Below the relevant raid report:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keinutnai's soldiers march onto the battlefield.

Keinutnai's army was composed of:
0 Super Soldiers, 639,071 Regular Soldiers and 0 Mercenaries

639071 Regular Soldiers were armed with Mobile Artillery

redninja1993 awaited the invaders with the following:
0 Super Soldiers, 2,326 Regular Soldiers and 0 Mercenaries

57 Regular Soldiers were armed with MLRS
2269 Regular Soldiers came unarmed

Your field scouts report on the status of the enemy: The invaders deal 20,888,610,798 damage on the enemy!
This results in 14 casualties amongst the defending troops!

The defending forces return fire and inflict 1,387,090 damage on their opponents!
They manage to cause 2 casualties in their enemies ranks!

Keinutnai's forces Defeated the enemy!

As redninja1993's army runs from the battlefield the victors finish their assigned mission and return home:
It is reported that 2,194 Untrained have been taken from the realm of redninja1993

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But if a small player trains only 100.000 soldiers, and makes 130% tech, then his defense will be 1.430.000.000
and if you want to farm him with 0 losses, you would need 286.000.000.000 strike (if 200x multiplier is required)

for 1000x multiplier you would need to have 1.430.000.000 strike to farm at 0 losses.

This update would get rid of the annoying losses, when farming some tiny defenses.

PS: of course 2 losses is nothing, but imagine my strike was 1000 times higher than his defense. I would have lost 30 units. And if my strike was 100 times higher, I would have lost 300 units.
Of course, you will agree that when raiding someone with a strike 100 times than his, it's weird to lose 300 units and kill only 14.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Empty Re: No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense

Post by Nomad Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:59 pm

If it is contained only to farming and raiding I am not that much against it, but I would like to define a problem I see with it and see it addressed before I would back or be against the idea as a whole.

What are top strikes now? 20 bill or more? so lets say 20 bill strike /200 = 100,000,000. That means that anyone new, or freshly massed can be hit with these attacks repeatedly for no cost other then AT and ST. Now if you spread that cost between 20 players it becomes very insignifigant. It also leads to a situation where without protection a player can literally be held down and not allowed to build for 0 lossess to the attackers.

Some checker or some balance needs to be added to it. Only 1 "no losses" hit per turn, or something of the nature. Presently I do not understand the concept of why someone size should make their defensive soliders less effective then another. Its a proven fact 1 suicide bomber can kill tens or hundreds with only 1 man dieing to do so.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense Empty Re: No losses when farming with strike 200 times higher than defense

Post by Kenzu Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:27 pm

I have rank 2 strike with 20,478,966,105 strike action.
I think 200 times higher strike is feasible, since this means that I can farm and raid people with no losses if their defense is only 102 million.

Let's be realistic here. Anyone can go and farm 20 people, and with this money can train and arm 10.000 soldiers and his defense will become useful already even with 0 tech upgrades.

Now I dont understand what you mean by held down, because in a war, someone who has 100 mill defense will be farmed every turn anyway, and in farm missions where attacker has no losses, the defender wouldnt have losses either.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Kenzu wrote:I have rank 2 strike with 20,478,966,105 strike action.
I think 200 times higher strike is feasible, since this means that I can farm and raid people with no losses if their defense is only 102 million.

Let's be realistic here. Anyone can go and farm 20 people, and with this money can train and arm 10.000 soldiers and his defense will become useful already even with 0 tech upgrades.

Now I dont understand what you mean by held down, because in a war, someone who has 100 mill defense will be farmed every turn anyway, and in farm missions where attacker has no losses, the defender wouldnt have losses either.

You NEVER stated the defense would suffer no losses. You might want to actually say things such as this and not just ASSUME that it is a given. Would go along way towards allowing people to understand you better.

Now with the fact you now say no losses to attack and no losses to defense that changes things. As for turn farming you are wrong tho. Every war I have every been in very FEW people actually got turned farmed. The static quo was to build a small and cheap defense because the cost to hit them was very high so it took 3 to 5 hours to be farmed for profit.

Ultimately, 200 times is big enough I do not think this can be abused and I am not against the suggestion,,, but I also can not say I am for it. I think a better idea is out there, but this is a step in the right direction.

*edit*
Kenzu did state it.

Last edited by Nomad on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:27 am

Again, when I say there is something wrong with taking losses for hitting vastly smaller defenses, you all jumped at my throat.

Now look who's suggesting the same ideas I was??

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 12
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:39 am

There should always be some losses to both sides unless there is no defense. Basically we find 3 types of accounts in the game. Zero defense inactive accounts, inactive accounts with some defense and active players.

Now I can admit that I can have some sympathy with those who find issues with inactive accounts that have defense but given time these accounts will be zeroed by someone.

However I can see no reason for zero losses when farming active accounts. The simple fact that there will be some loss is the only protection available. Even if the defender was to loose no units, ther will have lost income.

Kenzu's example using his current strike only considers his position today and does not consider tomorrow or what the situation will be in 6 months let alone 12 months or further.

As strike power grows the defense level required to cause losses would also grow and overtime this will only mean that new players will find themselves totally at the mercy of older accounts.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:42 am

A different issue that will need to get adressed, and which WILL get adressed somehow, the only question is how exactly, will be that people with a big technological advantage farm people with low techs.

A new player with 1-2 mil army and 130-140% techs has no way of defending against someone with 240%+ unless they put 20% of their army into defense, which is just ridiculous.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:09 pm

just what exactly are you proposing admin? your saying you are going to raise damages to those who have spent trillions of kuwal into their techs compared to those who have spent only a few 100bil?

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:56 pm

split from other topic since other suggestion took over
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down