Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

current balance of the game

4 posters

Go down

current balance of the game Empty current balance of the game

Post by Halaryel Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:24 am

Hey admin,

Seems it is not possible to build a strong enough defense (yet?)

I would suggest to raise the "free train" unit everyday to make it more easy to build a defense...
Also Attack troops should NEVER be free to build.
(also maybe we could build super defender for the cost of 2 free training).

Last suggestion, but evil suggestion, would be that attack loose at least one troops while attacking...

(you dont have to implement all suggestion, part of it is good, or if you have a better idea to allow us human being to sleep more than 2 hour a row).

This would help late players to build a defense because yet it's is nowhere near possible to build a strong enough defense....

While i am trying to get a strong defense with my 2 day late, the 1st days players are stockpiling UP and are even more ahead... This is giving me an headacke because let's face it, yet it just a matter of who got the best alarm clock and sleep the least......

Regards.

ps: i write it also because 2 of my friends left the game very early because they feel it to be very frustrating...

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

current balance of the game Empty Re: current balance of the game

Post by Sandwalker Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:39 am

you can always set the work conditions to relaxed. It works for me.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:56 am

First of all I would like to note that I had quite a few complaints already about farming costs beeing too steep (mostly due to repairs).
Seeing that i got people do not think that defending is an easy job either, I hope I did my best in trying to reach some balance.
So please also consider that currently because the weapons are small enough, the defender suffers no extra losses when getting hit besides the amount he lost.

Also currently the weapon increases appear steep but this wont go on for very long, within a few levels the power increase will drop to 50, then 30% power,etc. instead of the current 100%+.

Halaryel wrote:
Seems it is not possible to build a strong enough defense (yet?)
Depends on what is strong enough for you. I know even people at the top hit each other for quite insane amounts, I think i saw in the logs hits for 100k+, think even like one for 130k! (and the repairs for each hit already being past 10-15k)

Halaryel wrote:I would suggest to raise the "free train" unit everyday to make it more easy to build a defense...
You do however understand that just like higher defenses will be easier to build, so will higher strikes. "High" and "Low" are very relative terms.
Although I was already considering raising the amount to 3 soon, and in about a week or two to 4.

Halaryel wrote:Also Attack troops should NEVER be free to build.
(also maybe we could build super defender for the cost of 2 free training).
Supers not free trainable for a reason. And the top guys currently are start to being forced to pay for the units they train as they need to train much more than they get for free training. So technically it doesn't matter if they train one defender for free and pay 15k for the attacker or the other way around, such an update would really not achieve any purpose.

Halaryel wrote:
Last suggestion, but evil suggestion, would be that attack loose at least one troops while attacking...
Farming attack causes 2% losses to the attacker, 0.25% to the defender.
I think soon enough we'll reach that point.

Halaryel wrote:
This would help late players to build a defense because yet it's is nowhere near possible to build a strong enough defense....
That would defeat the point of farming, however as sandwalker said, that's precicely the reason for why i coded in the work motivation.
1) You recover 50% of the income you loose by setting on relaxed (although since by the time you go on overtime your income will increase so actually it's more than 50%)
2) By decreasing your income you might never reach the point where it's worth for the enemy to farm you.

Case 1: in 6 hours you produce 60k and you get farmed
Case 2: You do relaxed motivation and in 6 hours you produce 42k, you might not even get hit which means you'll keep the kuwal, and additionally during the day you turn on overtime and you get an extra 9k through the increase (so out of a max of 60k you still receive 51k!)

It's hard to balance a game, that goes triple for when the game is starting out. Because the enviroment literally changes overnight
That's also why I went to do the voting page sooner than i planned. To give the new players a competitive chance.
Top total up's are currently past 45 (a number of people being above that), now getting a 10 raw up isn't hard anymore, any new player can get it with a few hits. And you can get 22 units from links and voting.
So compare 45 units per day for large players and 10 units per day for small players (450%), or 65-70 for large players and 30-35 for small players (200%). 2-3 of new players who band together and start today can very easily outgrow anyone who's been around since day one!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:08 pm

i 100% agree with everything both admin has said above. i have seen strieks doubling in a matter of 4 days, but also the amount of gold stolen. in the first few days of the game 1 attack could gain you 4k kuwal, now with just 1k attack power iv been hitting people for 30 - 40k. its not hard to either grow an attack or a defense.
chaos
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Halaryel Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:53 am

I know about relax & critical.....

it is nowhere near possible to build a good enough defense : a defense that protect a night income (ok maybe a relax night) that's 8hour for a human being, in relax mode.

By "protect" i mean a defense that deal enough damage so the attacker is NOT profitable.

Yet as long you got 1 more weapon than the oponement you are pretty sure to steal the gold and have just little repair. 15-20k repair on the bigger attack is very low.. there should be CASUALTIES on the attacker side!!!
Also weapon power increase too fast...... one click, change weapon and you have double power without worry about buying new troops...

FIRST DAY player can have 20-30k income a turn without any worry about it to be stolen, they are already looking at level 5 weapons..... and stockpiling defense, attack, income, UP

For example, i've been building my defense for like 2 days now (and very little up/income) and there are still bigger attacker !!!!

i can only sleep about 3 hour on relax.... that's really crazy....

I AGREE with admin, game is balanced about income generated and up compared to the size; but game is just a "who sleep the less win" ....

What i am asking is that we - human beings - can go sleep 6-8hours, and not be bothered.... getting attacked for 3-4 is not realistic.... 2 days ago i went drink a café with friend and i was on relax, as i come back i was attacked... my defense was pretty high, but some guys had ONE more weapon than me....

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:18 am

Halaryel wrote:I know about relax & critical.....
Relax drops your income a bit allowing you to recover some of it during the day but also increasing the chances of you getting farmed.
With critical you can't recover it, but it also drops your income by twice the amount relaxed would do meaning more likely not get farmed at all.
I'll repeat myself, the motivation function was coded that in exactly these cases both the farmee (being able to recover income) and the farmer (having more targets at disposal than if everyone used critical) are in a win win situation.

Coding this game was meant to "severly" (compared to other such games, but no more or less than i think it should really be) disadvantage the attacker (increased farming costs, limiting attacks). However a number of other updates was meant to give them other opportunities (like defense level, to save covert turns, and worker motivation to offer more targets) in other areas where I felt it was necesary to give them support.

Halaryel wrote:it is nowhere near possible to build a good enough defense : a defense that protect a night income (ok maybe a relax night) that's 8hour for a human being, in relax mode.
By "protect" i mean a defense that deal enough damage so the attacker is NOT profitable.
I get farmed myself, however more often than not by the time I wake up I already produced so much kuwal that I'd get hit again within an hour or two.

Halaryel wrote:IYet as long you got 1 more weapon than the oponement you are pretty sure to steal the gold and have just little repair. 15-20k repair on the bigger attack is very low.. there should be CASUALTIES on the attacker side!!!
Also weapon power increase too fast...... one click, change weapon and you have double power without worry about buying new troops...
I will not be repeating myself. see my post above

Halaryel wrote:FIRST DAY player can have 20-30k income a turn without any worry about it to be stolen, they are already looking at level 5 weapons..... and stockpiling defense, attack, income, UP
I'll break my promise of not releasing ingame information but I feel it would make a strong point here. As of now no one's curent income is anywhere near to even get that weapon in 2 days if they saved up the income, meaning no one even has a bank big enough to hold it all.
As anyone who played these games in the early stages knows, the inflation and growth in the early days can be very often be no less than 200-300% per day! That continuously drops to 2-5% per day for the average player after a year or two. So even if the next weapon cost 4 times as much as the previous, it was still possible to get it within another day or two, that's not the case anymore.

Halaryel wrote:For example, i've been building my defense for like 2 days now (and very little up/income) and there are still bigger attacker !!!!
i can only sleep about 3 hour on relax.... that's really crazy....
Or you allow yourself to get hit once and you can sleep for 6-7 hours without problems.

Where does it ever say that you have to play without getting hit a single time? Besides the farmers also want some return on their investment.

Halaryel wrote:I AGREE with admin, game is balanced about income generated and up compared to the size; but game is just a "who sleep the less win" ....
No offence but how is that meant to be any different from wow or any other game, it's called grinding, those without a real life/more money can generally buy their way to the top, trying to pretend anything else is like a school director saying his school is drugs free.

Halaryel wrote:What i am asking is that we - human beings - can go sleep 6-8hours, and not be bothered.... getting attacked for 3-4 is not realistic.... 2 days ago i went drink a café with friend and i was on relax, as i come back i was attacked... my defense was pretty high, but some guys had ONE more weapon than me....
1 weapon more = higher strike, wheres the problem with that?
besides power varies from 90-105% of power. so he was quite risking when attacking like that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Halaryel Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:20 am

No need to post so much just to say you agree with my conclusion :

3hours of income is profitable to steal actually.

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:32 pm

Halaryel wrote:No need to post so much just to say you agree with my conclusion :

3hours of income is profitable to steal actually.
if your def is small enough compared to your income?
yes, top players make enough income for new players to be worth hitting them every turn if they had no def

getting officers drops your income by another 40% and gives you good advantages in return
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down