Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covert/Alert facillity

4 posters

Go down

Covert/Alert facillity Empty Covert/Alert facillity

Post by Miglow Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Reading this thread, I was thinking how it was mentioned that few people use the Alert feature.

So, one idea to use it more is there could be an alert facility of some sort. When built and activated it could be used to place a person on alert automatically when someone is the target of a covert/assassin mission.

There would be a checkbox to make the building active or not. Then the player would choose which level to be placed on. When attacked the building would have a chance to anticipate the attack and place the player on the chosen alert to help counter the attack.

I've got several ideas for tweaking and nerfing it, but it would be nice to see what others have to say about the concept first.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Covert/Alert facillity Empty Re: Covert/Alert facillity

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:06 pm

Miglow wrote:Reading this thread, I was thinking how it was mentioned that few people use the Alert feature.

So, one idea to use it more is there could be an alert facility of some sort. When built and activated it could be used to place a person on alert automatically when someone is the target of a covert/assassin mission.

There would be a checkbox to make the building active or not. Then the player would choose which level to be placed on. When attacked the building would have a chance to anticipate the attack and place the player on the chosen alert to help counter the attack.

I've got several ideas for tweaking and nerfing it, but it would be nice to see what others have to say about the concept first.

The idea has its merits... but there are rules in place against anything automatic in this game as far as I know... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Casshern Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:55 pm

maybe could be automatic but after a certain amount of attacks but person then is stuck on it for 24or 48 hrs before they can come off
Casshern
Casshern
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:00 pm

There has to be a viable "cost", like Cassherns suggestion. What your asking for would basicly make doing anything covertly useless. Everyone would use the critical setting in hopes of getting a name and not ???.

So the cost would have to be very signifigant for there to be a balance.

I don't like anything "automatic" myself, but do agree the idea has merit.

I say it needs some limit, such as 3 to 5 hits before becomeing active tho, shouldnt kick in on the first hit.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:40 am

wow, ok i just wrote a long post and it got eaten because of auto-logout. Ill rewrite it for the third time when i get some time again.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:48 am

Miglow wrote:wow, ok i just wrote a long post and it got eaten because of auto-logout. Ill rewrite it for the third time when i get some time again.

ALWAYS do a copy just before you submit, that way if it auto log outs you, you have a copy. These forums are notorious for eating long posts.

Looking forward to your reply tho.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:32 pm

Nomad wrote:
Miglow wrote:wow, ok i just wrote a long post and it got eaten because of auto-logout. Ill rewrite it for the third time when i get some time again.

ALWAYS do a copy just before you submit, that way if it auto log outs you, you have a copy. These forums are notorious for eating long posts.

Looking forward to your reply tho.

yes copy/paste is Kongs friend... also opening second tab & every few lines switch back & forth between tabs is helpful... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:53 am

Huh? wha? Copy pasta? Razz I guess it's a good thing since it has given me a chance to rethink and organize my ieas better.

1. First of all, I chose it to be a building for a reason. It's too nice to be a universal feature so there is an initial cost up front in time and money. Right now I'm thinking it would cost around 50 to 100 million kw and take 1 or 2 days to build. (those wiser may have a better idea of what these numbers should be)

2. There would be a mimimum cost per use. Here are some options I've thought of:
  • The alert status should stay at least one turn so there is some cost, even if they are logged in. If they are logged off it would stay untill they log in and change it.
  • Like the above but the initial turn cost would have to be spent then and there for the alert status to take effect. So if you have no money in the bank or public, it won't activate.
  • The minimum alert level standing would lower once each turn. If I was placed on low alert (10%) it would take one turn to go back to normal. For critical alert it would take 4 turns. I really like this idea but unsure if it would be automatic (it would lower even if logged off? better for income), manual (all reductions would be done by hand? better for preventive measures), or perhaps whichever the player chooses?

3. One idea I think would add strategy is that the building would be destructable. Either through:
  • A specific covert mission added to take it out.
  • On a successful sabotage mission there could be a chance to destroy this building.
  • Would be targetable by the (so far non-existant) air force.

4. Other ideas:
  • It could have levels. One for each alert level the facility could handle. (initial building would make low alert available, three upgrades for critical)
  • Like the above, but instead higher levels would make it more likely to detect an enemy mission.
  • Covert units could be assigned to increase effectiveness at detecting missions. (they would be permanently spent)
  • It would require level 2 construction to build. (in this case the time/kuwal for building it would have to be increased)

As a disclaimer, these are just some ideas and brainstorming. It should be obvious trying to do all of these would make the concept way too complicated to be practical.

Anything to contribute to making this better, or reasons to why it wouldn't work are all appreciated.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down