Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covert log consolidation

3 posters

Go down

Covert log consolidation Empty Covert log consolidation

Post by Alex Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:49 am

I think it would be a nice feature if you could consolidate multiple covert logs into one.

i.e. you spy on the same person 3 times because each time you only see a third of their stats, due to your covert not being high enough to see it all at once. You then use this option to combine those logs into one giving you one complete log instead of three logs with a third of the info each.

A couple of things:
1) Over time peoples stats etc change, meaning a log might have diferent stats for the same thing.
I propose that you can only consolidate logs that have been made consecutively, and within perhaps 20-30 seconds of each other.

2) Obviously only logs of the same person could be made into one.

I'm just putting this out there for further discussion, I'm sure it could be 'ironed out' a bit. Post saying what you think.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Covert log consolidation Empty Re: Covert log consolidation

Post by Admin Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:52 am

we had that discussion somewhere already
there was just way too much issues associated with it

sometimes yes, you want to be able to "glue" them together
but some other times even 20-30 seconds is too long, so you might end up with some right and some wrong info

Even if timer would be set at 5 seconds, and you spy someone during a battle often enough, you might end up with info that's 30-40 seconds old.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:58 am

Ah yes sorry I had forgotten to search for it. Sorry for bringing up an already explored topic.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Make the new info appear in green, and the info which came from previous logs appear in white, gold or some other color
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:33 am

I have had a new idea:

Have an option to spend X amount of covert turns on one covert mission. Then have the game calculate X amount of spy logs individually and combine them into one and have that as the result.

OR

Have an option to spend all required covert turns on a covert mission. Have the game calculate on spy log, if any areas are ??? then calculate another, join the two if any areas are still ??? repeat the process. Also have the log say how many turns were spent on to get a full log.

I assume that the computer is quick enough to do X amount of calculations simultaneosly, removing the possability of redundant values.
Having each log calculated seperately THEN combined removes the advantage that would result form it doing a log, then just doing the ??? that are left.

Just an idea.

-Alex

Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down