Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions on changing race.

5 posters

Go down

Questions on changing race. Empty Questions on changing race.

Post by Miglow Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:57 pm

This info may be floating around already but after looking around I didn't see it anywhere.

Are there limits on when/how often you can change race?

Is the cost to change consistent or relative to the player population?

What happens if someone changes race and their old stat points do not fit withing the stat limits of the new race? Are they forced to expend a stat change if they have one?

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Questions on changing race. Empty Re: Questions on changing race.

Post by Nomad Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:06 pm

Miglow wrote:This info may be floating around already but after looking around I didn't see it anywhere.

1. Are there limits on when/how often you can change race?

2. Is the cost to change consistent or relative to the player population?

3.What happens if someone changes race and their old stat points do not fit withing the stat limits of the new race? Are they forced to expend a stat change if they have one?

1. No

2. Not population, but how much kewal was saved by the account by being the race it was changing from. So if you were the covert race, and saved kewal buying covert levels, then each level you saved kewal buying covert levels. Each level you bought increases the amount you saved and increases the amount it will cost you to change races.

3. I think the points just appear with the notice to distrobute them, just like when you get new personal bonus points.

*This is my thoughts, and I may be wrong so dont accept this as 100% fact*
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Yeah I can second what Nomad said for points 1+2, adding to 2 that, at least before the recent changes, and I THINK to a lesser extent after the changes, the amout the cost goes up will be more then the amount you saved. So if you saved a total of 5b Kuwal when upgrading, then the cost to change race will be more then 5b.
(I think that before the update it was a factor of 10 (Saved 5b = costs 50b to change), but its cheaper now.)

As for 3, I have no real idea, What Nomad says sounds resonable to me, but Admin/Someone who has changed race after the updates can tell you 100%

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:34 pm

1. Because of the relationship between points and race i was thinking stat changes may limit race change. I like the current system except for one thing (see 3)

2. So would the extra cost for race change be equal to money saved on race specific tech/training or some other amount?
edit: nevermind, i guess this was answered in the last post, unless someone has more specifics.

3. That seems like an exploit to me. It's not a complete stat change but could be used as a workaround to the stat change limit/cost.
edit: if race changes do get as expensive as the billions, then nevermind. That's not really an exploit at those costs.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:54 pm

The only limit to how often you can change is your kuwal. And yes it does get to be billions, so it would be a significant cost to have an extra XXX points in a certain stat, and you would have to take into account Admin changing it to auto-change/reset in the future as well.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:12 pm

I think some race changes are in the hundreds of billions presently, tho not entirely sure.

My personal cost is
To change your race, extensive investments into genetic modifications have to be made:
The cost is expected to be: 67,879,105,834 Kuwal

And I know many with higher levels then my own.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:22 pm

To change your race, extensive investments into genetic modifications have to be made:
The cost is expected to be: 91,666,949,835 Kuwal

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:36 pm

Well, in my defence the base amount before any tech/training is less than 3 mill. I'm glad I asked since it seemed like a good idea to change to different races for upgrading, then switching again.

Now it's pretty obvious that one shouldn't change unless they really do want a longterm committment to a different strategy than their current race.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:46 pm

Miglow wrote:Well, in my defence the base amount before any tech/training is less than 3 mill. I'm glad I asked since it seemed like a good idea to change to different races for upgrading, then switching again.

Now it's pretty obvious that one shouldn't change unless they really do want a longterm committment to a different strategy than their current race.

There is a cost to changing race so that people will not try to be "smart" and change races all the time for benefits.
People should choose the race that suits them best and stick with it.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:09 pm

That was my first instinct, was to see about switching to covert and training as many levels as possible then switching to defence and doing the same, mostly to try and save money with the discount. The idea almost seemed too good to be true and NOT have people mention it. Which is why I wanted to know a little bit more about the ins and outs of changing race.

Anyhow, glad I asked.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Anytime mate. Ever have questions just ask, someone is always around.

And FTR Hualu is the only real race here, the rest are just lesser races and wannabes.

Twisted Evil
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down