Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance bank

+12
melonhead
Lord Pegasus
Halaryel
chaos
Nomad
2nd of a few
october 17
Rojo
Admin
rflash
Nigatsu_Aka
Kenzu
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do you support alliance bank?

Alliance bank - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Alliance bank - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Alliance bank - Page 2 Vote_lcap35%Alliance bank - Page 2 Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 11 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Alliance bank - Page 2 Vote_lcap39%Alliance bank - Page 2 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 12 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 31

Alliance bank - Page 2 Empty Re: Alliance bank

Post by Nomad Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:37 am

Well I just gave my opinion, and made my request, do with it what you will.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:01 am

Well, 50% of the votes are against... you should consider this and make the "tax" optional at least.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Halaryel Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:34 am

i very think alliance bank is very good but only on one purpose. the money should be spent into temporary or with upkeep alliance wide bonus.

no tech, because then it is too easy to build a massive tech level benefiting from alliance maets and kick everybody out....

money should never be able to go OUT of the bank. never.
(this could lead to interesting wars were disbanding the alliance is a war condition)

i made a suggestion in sgw about alliance bank, i did talk about it with admin.

the big problem is to find a way to spend it that not benefit only one person, and that benefit all alliance the same whatever the number of member they have.

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Rojo Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:16 pm

Halaryel wrote:i very think alliance bank is very good but only on one purpose. the money should be spent into temporary or with upkeep alliance wide bonus.

no tech, because then it is too easy to build a massive tech level benefiting from alliance maets and kick everybody out....

money should never be able to go OUT of the bank. never.
(this could lead to interesting wars were disbanding the alliance is a war condition)

i made a suggestion in sgw about alliance bank, i did talk about it with admin.

the big problem is to find a way to spend it that not benefit only one person, and that benefit all alliance the same whatever the number of member they have.

Automated redistribution defined by Alliance average member

Rojo
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Halaryel Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:52 am

Well i worded badly, my last sentence is not the conclusion, it is the problem i offer to solve.

too solve it there is a EASY solution, making the "stat bonus" with upkeep (that drain bank everyturn) mean depending on the number of player you have it will cost more or less.

Depending on the situation you can set the stat bonus to one or another, you can change it only once per turn (for trivial reason....)

i very see NO REASON to have an alliance bank that an alliance leader can use at his own will, this is only good to support multies (i know a big one in another game and he is rank 1, he keep invite his multies/relatives into alliance, they drop money into bank and then leave. am i right uro?).

by automated redistribution do you mean, a percent of every member is taken and immediatly redistributed to members. do you have any idea of the process time it could take? i think admin dont want stuff that are done every turn for every players.

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:22 pm

Alliance bank is also a good way of finding and getting rid of multies. Afterall those who abuse the system will be caught in the trap and detected.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Rojo Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:47 am

What will the money be used for ??????? Will their be various ways to use it???
And how will that work ? Will it be only the leader who will have control ??? Will it be automated ??? Or by vote of a high council of some kind ???

If you cant answer this dont expect me to be in favor. Please show some TRANSPARENCY. transparency is a basic to the good function of a governement without corruption.

EXAMPLE:
To be fair and uncorruptible the alliance banking needs to be automated, automatically deducted from income and automatically redistrubuted into banks of the weaker members

Yes, but more than 5% should be allowed 10% [ 2 ]
Yes, with 1% to 5% alliance tax allowed. 31% [ 6 ]
Yes, but the maximum should be less than 5%. 0% [ 0 ]
No, this whole idea has to be redrawn. 10% [ 2 ]
These votes show the idea is good
No, I don't support any alliance banks at all. 36% [ 7 ]
Undecided 10% [ 2 ]
These votes show something is wrong with the idea

Rojo
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pegasus Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:26 pm

that would be bad because , the bank size of the weaker players would fill up causing them to become even bigger targets than they may have been before

Lord Pegasus
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 10
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:20 pm

As for transparency, in RB there was a public alliance log showing every deposit, who, and when, and also showed every withdrawl, to who, and when
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:50 pm

I think there should be deposit and withdrawal logs of all sums viewable by all alliance members so that everyone knows who took how much.

Any member can request to take out money, but the leader or second in command will have to accept.

Does it sound good?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:16 pm

Kenzu wrote:I think there should be deposit and withdrawal logs of all sums viewable by all alliance members so that everyone knows who took how much.

Any member can request to take out money, but the leader or second in command will have to accept.

Does it sound good?

this worked well in dune wars
chaos
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:59 pm

tbh this was approx the main features i intended the bank to have when doing the alliance function:

- 40% size of all member bank sizes combined
- 5-10% deposit fee
- Log of deposits and withdraws of the last 5-10 days
- List of every member and how much they have in the bank or owe to the bank (Basically a +/- number showing the net movement of funds into alliance bank)
- Withdrawing and depositing money in favor of someone elses account (basically if the counter said you had 1 mil in the bank, then you could let someone withdraw i.e. 500k and then it'd say that you have only 500k in the bank)
- Leader and 2IC resetting count for everyone to 0

Oh and please, could we cut comments of the type that involve "monitoring against abuse by someone who tells people to put kuwal into bank and then withdraws it all and runs off, or just keeps using it for himself".
That's not a problem of the system but a problem of the alliance you're in and in those cases you should join/create another alliance and not complain about "unfair" system.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:12 pm

i like the idea of the ''tab'' of how much you hhave in the bank, however i think its wrong for the leader/2ic to be able 2 change it to zero, but there should be an option eg

savings - like a bank that adds/subracts to the ''tab''
transfer - like depositing to build funds for a alliance project or sending resources to anothe rplayer ( not affiliated with ''tab'' )
chaos
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:59 pm

chaos wrote:savings - like a bank that adds/subracts to the ''tab''
transfer - like depositing to build funds for a alliance project or sending resources to anothe rplayer ( not affiliated with ''tab'' )
yeh that's a good way to make it instead of what i thought of doing Smile

Edit: Will soon make a final thread for the alliance bank making a hard outline of the bank function with a poll so we can see if this works out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:00 pm

Yeah, keep a number, which will be a balance of how much each member paid into the bank, or took out (the net value after a fee has been deducted. The fee should be the normal 2% deposit fee, just like in a member bank.).
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Halaryel Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:27 am

Kenzu wrote:Alliance bank is also a good way of finding and getting rid of multies. Afterall those who abuse the system will be caught in the trap and detected.

yes and no, because you also use it a wise way overtime, building multies/ relative alliance. feeding a very huge bank, and when the moment as come pretend you scammed everybody. You just got 10+ peoples ressources over one month and there is no way admin could make the difference between a good scammer (which he told in this case would be legit) and a multi/feed account.

im not talking about the outstanding way some people use this abuse in another game where admin is just blindly believing people...

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:42 am

Halaryel wrote:yes and no, because you also use it a wise way overtime, building multies/ relative alliance. feeding a very huge bank, and when the moment as come pretend you scammed everybody. You just got 10+ peoples ressources over one month and there is no way admin could make the difference between a good scammer (which he told in this case would be legit) and a multi/feed account.

im not talking about the outstanding way some people use this abuse in another game where admin is just blindly believing people...
shouldn't people get rewarded for their outstanding efforts? Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melonhead Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:30 pm

This could end up badly.. Eg One alliance puts all their money in and gives it to one member.. that one member then becomes dominant more powerfull then anyothers in game. Then uses his power to attack everyone else and then distribute his earnigs to the rest of the clan.. making that clan unbeatable....

also when talking about joining an alliance giving your money in and hoping for good.. you dont know that down the line the leader will be corrupt and steal your money.. so your screwed as of no fault of your own and lose your money...sure you wont do it again.. but you still lost it..

and for newbies they will be easy targets for corrupt leaders gaininga all their income then kicking them or leaving clan.. new people wont know if they should shouldnt join that alliance

for these reasons and more i vote against
melonhead
melonhead
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : Aspire
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:18 pm

melonhead wrote:This could end up badly.. Eg One alliance puts all their money in and gives it to one member.. that one member then becomes dominant more powerfull then anyothers in game. Then uses his power to attack everyone else and then distribute his earnigs to the rest of the clan.. making that clan unbeatable....
That's never going to happen, because one person with lets say 1 mil army size will always be weaker than 10 people with 100k army size.
Wars aren't won just through individuals.

melonhead wrote:also when talking about joining an alliance giving your money in and hoping for good.. you dont know that down the line the leader will be corrupt and steal your money.. so your screwed as of no fault of your own and lose your money...sure you wont do it again.. but you still lost it..
Shouldn't you in that case better make sure the leader uses the money as it is meant to be used? If you're not sure you then either leave the alliance or don't put anything into bank.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Balthier Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:04 pm

the last post is 2 months old Very Happy so I want to ask if will be the alliance bank released
and if yes when will it be released Very Happy
Balthier
Balthier
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 247
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-02-21

http://www.archadianarmyforum.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:31 pm

when the time is ripe, still need to consider some things
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casshern Tue May 19, 2009 9:49 am

any movement on this
Casshern
Casshern
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 19, 2009 10:57 am

It will come when it's ready
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Tue May 19, 2009 12:38 pm

This isn`t really needed, imo.
The reasons why i`m so reticent to this ideea are the possible abuses from: multies, scammers or "unfairplay players" (feeders if you want to call them that way).
But if you will add it, then put limits on size or huge upgrade costs and increased fees than on normal banking. That can still make it usefull, but will descourage the abuses (they can still be abused though with only taxes - so i`d rather not have it at all).
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue May 19, 2009 2:22 pm

I personally agree with Nigatsu. Teamwork is one of the greatest things about these games, its what keep us here. Interaction with other people.

But alliance banks often end up being a place for inactives, and "friends" to put their resources for other players to use.

I am willing to work with anything, and I do know and understand that most everything is not a coding issue, but a player issue. Its all in how the players decide to play the game.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next