Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

make game simpler for newbies (farming & raiding buttons)

+2
Kingofshinobis1
Kenzu
6 posters

Go down

make game simpler for newbies (farming & raiding buttons) Empty make game simpler for newbies (farming & raiding buttons)

Post by Kenzu Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:37 am

-------------------

Most players who register to play Aderan Wars
quit playing within 1 day simply because of its complexity.

One way how we can prevent this is to make everything as straightforward as possible.

-------------------

To make the game simpler, dont only show kuwal of an enemy, but show also the ammount of his untrained

Furthermore add two buttons, above send message called:

Steal kuwal
Steal untrained

(farm and raid attacks in the strike mission will remain, but the button will be renamed from attack to steal kuwal and steal untrained)

--------------------

The buttons will distributed like this:

[Steal Kuwal] [Steal Untrained]
[Strike Mission] [Covert Mission] [Assassin Mission]
[Send Message]
[Make this player my Commander]
[Vote for this player in Popularity contest]
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

make game simpler for newbies (farming & raiding buttons) Empty Re: make game simpler for newbies (farming & raiding buttons)

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:34 am

Wow. I'm sure showing n00bs an opponents UU is out of the question. This game isn't THAT complicated. It doesn't take a genius to know how to play. Imo I think this is unnecessary and a waste on time. Especially when all you have to do is click one extra button.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

make game simpler for newbies (farming & raiding buttons) Empty Re: make game simpler for newbies (farming & raiding buttons)

Post by QUEST Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:12 pm

I also agree the game is not that hard beside the whole point of playing any game is the figure out how to make it work best for you ,showing more info on an account want change that if they are unaware of what to do anyway
QUEST
QUEST
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

ID : QUEST (2807)
Alliance : Black Dragons
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by QUEST Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Now I would"nt be against removing and extra step in the farming and raiding process but that would be something for all not just newbies!
QUEST
QUEST
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

ID : QUEST (2807)
Alliance : Black Dragons
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:07 pm

Kenzu wrote:-------------------

Most players who register to play Aderan Wars
quit playing within 1 day simply because of its complexity.

I have to disagree with this as 1) my 10 year old daughter picked up the game within a few minutes of registering... 2) also as far as I can tell most players of this game are veteran players of other similar games therefore they have some idea of what to expect... 3) from what i have seen of the game most people quit due to boredom caused by inactivity in the game, this is a war game (I think) & there is no fighting... I personally like this game & have no plans of going anywhere, but I can see why some of the younger ones leave... as a last thought I have no problems with the rest of your post Kenzu, the changing up of the buttons is ok with me... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:44 pm

the game is too complicated for most people who didnt play these kind of games before.

But it's always a good idea to keep games as complicated as possible even if making them easier to understand doesnt take much effort and won't change the gameplay, because it's a good thing to loose players, and a bad thing to make games easy to understand. *sarcasm*
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:17 pm

Kenzu wrote:the game is too complicated for most people who didnt play these kind of games before.

But it's always a good idea to keep games as complicated as possible even if making them easier to understand doesnt take much effort and won't change the gameplay, because it's a good thing to loose players, and a bad thing to make games easy to understand. *sarcasm*

@Kenzu - my apologies if I hurt your feelings; all I did was state that in my opinion people were not quitting due to the game being complicated, but due to getting bored... I am in agreeance with making the game as simple to understand as possible... it's just that in the opinion of this 42 year old redneck, who by the way has never in his life played any game like this before; this game isn't complicated at all... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:36 am

The game isn't *that* comlicated, sure it takes a few days to get the hang of it, and you can still be learning things months after you start playing, but if people quit after the first day because they think its to hard to understand because they can't be bothered reading the rules, then I dont really see what they would have brought to the game if they stayed.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Universe Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:04 am

Why cater to the stupidity of lazy-assed bastards who cannot come up with the motivation to stick around anyway?

Unless you want to expand to 4 year olds, kids who just got around to reading..
Universe
Universe
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : 510
Or the year Clovis officially establishes Frankish Kingdom - Birth of France.
Alliance : Nah.. Smile
Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Universe wrote:Why cater to the stupidity of lazy-assed bastards who cannot come up with the motivation to stick around anyway?

Unless you want to expand to 4 year olds, kids who just got around to reading..

Ohh., Good to see you back online Uni Razz

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down