Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tutorial (with minor improvements) + Advisor + Public view

+2
buhcoreTheGreat
Kira
6 posters

Go down

Tutorial (with minor improvements) + Advisor + Public view Empty Tutorial (with minor improvements) + Advisor + Public view

Post by Kira Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:55 pm

I personally think that the game itself should be about each user. Farming shouldn't be more important than your own realm. In time that could cause boringness.
So i came up with this idea that the wiki should be an advisor (maybe?). What do I really mean?
Well.. What if we make the tutorial pretty much 'integrated' with advisor.
The wiki could address to each user (with some cool templates / organizing).

When a user registers into the game he/she/it should receive a 'pop-up message' (that shows on the base).
It should contain a box where you can check if you want to take the tutorial or not.

Example:
Welcome to your realm,
I am your advisor and I have a lot of experience. I am happy to keep you informed about new developments as well.
I will help you out during your important first steps in the game.

If you would like more of my help, click on the wiki (I suggest that it should be renamed to 'Help') that appears at the top right of the page.

[x] I do not need the tutorial.

The tutorial should be categorized in sub-tutorials (like a list, positioned in left) and for each tutorial there should be a reward (not too big even though).

I also suggest that the battlefield should be viewed like a highscore (of course you can't attack) on the index page.

Hm.. Hope you guys understood what I mean. Smile

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : unknown
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Tutorial (with minor improvements) + Advisor + Public view Empty Re: Tutorial (with minor improvements) + Advisor + Public view

Post by buhcoreTheGreat Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:57 pm

I support the idea of this but i think admin will have to rewrite current tutorial, unless someone else will Very Happy
buhcoreTheGreat
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Tutorial (with minor improvements) + Advisor + Public view Empty Re: Tutorial (with minor improvements) + Advisor + Public view

Post by Admin Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:27 pm

well it would need a more thought out system because simple popups wont do the job.

most browsers have popup blockers so I could imagine people not even noticing a popup being there most of the time.

Index page might get another rework when the reset server gets done
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:33 pm

Interesting that you mention adivsors. I thought of something similiar, which would work like this:

When you log in, the first thing you see is minister page, There are ministers and they will give you some basic advice upon each log in.

There would be:

Population Advisor
Economic Advisor
Military Advisor
Intelligence Advisor
Strategic Advisor

(They would be listed below each other and in case you have problems in some part of your realm, they will notify you)

POPULATION:
If you log in and have ,say less than 3.000 unit production, he would urge you to focus kuwal on researching unit production.

If you have more than 50.000 population, he would urge you to increase UP if your up would be less than 5.000.

If you had more than 100.000 population, he would urge you to increase up to 10.000

He would ask you to train or sell untrained if you had more than your daily unit production.

INCOME:
If you would have less than 60% of population trained as income units AND more than 5.000 population, he would advise you to have more income units in comparison to your military units.

If you would have less than 50.000 miners, he would advise you to to train more.
If you would have more than 200.000 miners, he would advise you to untrain some.

similiar with workers.

MILITARY ADVISOR:
Would tell you to train more troops if you had more than 20% more weapons than units.

He would tell you to build more weapons if you had more than 20% more troops than weapons.

He would ask you to increase defenses if you have been farmed.

INTELLIGENCE:
He would tell you to train more spies/assassins, if you had less than 50% of spies/assassins of the ammount of your defense supers.

STRATEGIC:

He would ask you to farm and/or raid if you had over 1500 supply turns.

advisors could be turned off, and they could be accessed through the base page.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:52 am

I think the population one is a decent idea

income i don't think it should tell you to train more or less based on numbers, bc different play styles would see the same info all the time

military decent idea as is

intelligence 50% seems a high number, maybe give you your location based on avgs of the server.. like the rank.

strategic
seems like a decent idea

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by skyfighter Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:59 am

Kenzu idea is not bad, as long as you can turn them off.

skyfighter
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 177
Alliance : Not needed
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:25 am

I could make it more complex. But the coding would be definitely harder. That's the main reason of why I sticked with the wiki.

@Admin, True. I think I saw something very similar in javascript or something.

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:02 pm

seaborgium wrote:I think the population one is a decent idea

income i don't think it should tell you to train more or less based on numbers, bc different play styles would see the same info all the time

military decent idea as is

intelligence 50% seems a high number, maybe give you your location based on avgs of the server.. like the rank.

strategic
seems like a decent idea

Of course my suggestion is not exactly what should be there.
The advisors should give you advice only if you do/don't do something that severly damages your account.

Like for example training farmers while you dont have a single miner or worker.

No one will mass your miners if you have less than 50.000.

Another example is when you have 10.000 defense supers, 10.000 spies and still only 10 assassins.

The advisor would tell you to train at least another 4990 assassins.

Of course we could argue that players should find out themselves, but I think we should make the game as easily understandable as possible, and the advisors will help players figure out the game, and once they are experienced, they will like the game even more.

One more example: Somone plays for 2 months, and still has only 3000 unit production, or maybe doesnt upgrade unit production at all and keeps it at 0 or 100.
(I have seen people like that)

skyfighter wrote:Kenzu idea is not bad, as long as you can turn them off.

Obviously you will be allowed to turn off advisors at any time.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Sorry to bump it.

About the public view - I suggest if there would be a top. Then it should be based only on war experience.

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down