Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let everyone see each others achievements page

+3
Kenzu
Kira
Miglow
7 posters

Go down

Let everyone see each others achievements page Empty public achievements

Post by Miglow Tue May 04, 2010 7:42 pm

I think it would be interesting if people had the option of letting people see their achievements, either with alliance members or the public. Right now the only one who can see the page is the owner, and what's the fun in that? Achievements are there to tell other people how much better you are than others! (ok, I know that is was ranks are for Laughing)

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Let everyone see each others achievements page Empty Re: Let everyone see each others achievements page

Post by Kira Tue May 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : unknown
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Let everyone see each others achievements page Empty Re: Let everyone see each others achievements page

Post by Miglow Tue May 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Ah, nice. I looked through the threads to see if the idea has been posted before. The thread title threw me off a little.

I was thinking more along the lines of the awards being displayed on their profile page or having a link to the achievements page.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Let everyone see each others achievements page Empty Let everyone see each others achievements page

Post by Kenzu Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:33 pm

doxakk wrote:I would also like to suggest the metals of each person be visible. Under each users stats there should be a link to his achievements page. What good are metals if you can't show them off Smile

I would like to see doxakk's suggestion come true soon.

I suggest there will be a picture of a medal on the profile page of each player, and if you click it, you can see their achievements page.
It will make the game more interesting!

The medal picture could be located below Trading Ability picture and above rank number.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:03 am

Why go this way about it ? I think it would be better to look at on a medal basis rather than a player basis so why not an Acheivments Page that displays all of the medals then when each medal is selected you get a full list of recipients
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:51 am

Its a breech of privacy and if done it needs to be toogled so it can be turned off.

Lets use you for an example Manleva, someone can look at your medals, then the next day they see a massive jump in a covert medal or an attacking medal and guess what? there was a player sabbed or covertly attacked very badly

Guess who gets blamed?

Wink

Not against the idea, just state if done it needs to be toggleable so it can be turned off, just like public or ranked MWE.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:04 am

I see what your getting at there Nomad and would not want to see it have that sort of impact myself.

However I don't think it needs to be toggle-able. Perhaps the answer would be to only have it updated once a month or once every two months. Also I don't see that there's any need for the date the medal was achieved to be published.

It could also possibly be set up so that not all medals are published but I don't really see a need for medals to be awarded if the only person who can see them is the recipient. I know that we can publish them ourselves here in the Forums but that's not necessarily something that can be relied upon.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Personally, I look at it like this, If I want you to know what I've got, I will tell you... what is the point of letting everyone know what I have? it's my bizness & mine alone. let people opt -in if they want, but leave me out of it... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:29 pm

I still support the gamer card idea. =\

Too many infos.

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : unknown
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:50 pm

well with the new thing for people you invited I think it would be helpful, since there is smaller icons that can be used

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down