Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easy Starter + Improvements

+2
Lord Ishurue
Kira
6 posters

Go down

Easy Starter + Improvements Empty Easy Starter + Improvements

Post by Kira Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:25 pm

I suggest that the game should be even more personalized.

battlefield.php
- The player must be auto-assigned automatically his own ranking position.
- The player must be shown in green background or any other color. (maybe the same for alliances?)
- Jumping trough lists by 30. We can already do that but by entering it custom.
I suggest that we should do it by selecting from a list: 1-30, 31-60, 61-90 and so on.
/
- First 3 alliances should be larger in size than the others. Descending in size from 1st to 3rd.
- First 3 alliances should have medals in front of them: gold, silver, bronze.
(=) Diplomat contacting. With this option you can offer treaties that are shown only to the superiors.
(=) Alliance application. With this option you can request to join an alliance.
- Clicking on an alliance name should redirect the player to a 'brief page'. The 'brief page' could have: name and/or abbreviation, the date it was founded on, leader ,members count, description (short one), rank, webpage, logo, news, rules and so on whatever.
- Option to sort alliances by power, experience and members number.
- Alliance names should not be bolded or colored.
(=) Possibility to add empire abreviation (4 letters max) next to the alliance name.

inbox.php
- Savebox should be renamed to 'Message Archive'. It should be down (as position) and it should contain 2 subcategories: 'Inbox' and 'Outbox'.
- The place where 'Savebox' stands now should be modified to 'Alliance'. It should contain all the messages received from alliance.
- Alliance leaders and commanders should be shown in different colors than the other normal players.
- Subjects should be obligatory.
- Friends list.

base.php
- Ability to click on messages, attacks and redirect.
- Ability to dismiss officers without accessing officerdetails.php .
- 'User Info', 'Army Distribution', 'Officers' should be colored.
- Game version.
- Notes (200-300 characters max). Could be triggered on/off from 'Display options' .
- When a new message is arrived the inbox 'button' should be colored and the number should symbolize only the messages that were not read.
- Alliance leaders should see what player requested to join.

battlerecords.php
- Ability to clear log(s).

alliance.php
- Activity log showing promotions, refused players, accepted players, declared wars, name changes and so on.

Credits:
MooMooCow buhcoreTheGreat for helping me

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : unknown
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Easy Starter + Improvements Empty Re: Easy Starter + Improvements

Post by Lord Ishurue Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:13 pm

Kira wrote:I suggest that the game should be even more personalized.

battlefield.php
- The player must be shown in green background or any other color. (maybe the same for alliances?)
I suggest that we should do it by selecting from a list: 1-30, 31-60, 61-90 and so on.
/
- First 3 alliances should be larger in size than the others. Descending in size from 1st to 3rd.
(=) Diplomat contacting. With this option you can offer treaties that are shown only to the superiors.
- Clicking on an alliance name should redirect the player to a 'brief page'. The 'brief page' could have: name and/or abbreviation, the date it was founded on, leader ,members count, description (short one), rank, webpage, logo, news, rules and so on whatever.
(=) Possibility to add empire abreviation (4 letters max) next to the alliance name.

inbox.php
- Savebox should be renamed to 'Message Archive'. It should be down (as position) and it should contain 2 subcategories: 'Inbox' and 'Outbox'.
- The place where 'Savebox' stands now should be modified to 'Alliance'. It should contain all the messages received from alliance.
- Alliance leaders and commanders should be shown in different colors than the other normal players.
- Friends list.

base.php
- Game version.
- Notes (200-300 characters max). Could be triggered on/off from 'Display options' .
- When a new message is arrived the inbox 'button' should be colored and the number should symbolize only the messages that were not read.

battlerecords.php

alliance.php
- Activity log showing promotions, refused players, accepted players, declared wars, name changes and so on.

Credits:

What about an easy Sab and assassinate button as well ? new players instead of finding what to send the easy sab button does it for u but u lose 10% of spies sent instead of 5 .
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by buhcoreTheGreat Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:30 pm

Ishurue wrote:
What about an easy Sab and assassinate button as well ? new players instead of finding what to send the easy sab button does it for u but u lose 10% of spies sent instead of 5 .
New players usually dont sab, losing more % units makes no sense
buhcoreTheGreat
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:41 am

I think it was sarcasm? but IDK

I'll address the points in the morning, i saw some i liked and some admin has already said would not happen, and i have a few to add myself.

*EDIT*

battlefield.php
I have to say I like this, its brings you to players in your own power standing, not crazy high above you like it does now and not a bottom of the list where everyone is dead. I think its a good request.
I don't think this is necissary myself, could be done for the single player, but I disagree about doing it for the alliance mates. They have their taggs beside their names, and you have the "peace" setting to signify friends
Not sure I understand, I just use previous and next page at the bottom
/I think just fixing the "jump to page XXX" box is all thats needed
I have no issue against it, but see no real point in doing it other than cosmetic appearance.
Same as above.
So basicly a link where anyone can massafe another alliances "Advisors or leadership" It sounds good, but is exploitable so unless the option has an on/off toggle I think its a bad idea as someone can spam the heck out of an opposing alliances leaders Inbox causing them to miss inner alliance messages of value.
I personally agree
I personally agree
I don't really see any use for this, and question if its worth the time to code it.
I personally agree as sooner or later you will have more alliances then colors. All should appear equally atleast to me they should.
I think this has already been discussed by admin and there is a link for Empire Name, its just not coded yet I think.

inbox.php
I agree
I personally agree and wish this one would happen.
Agree and Disagree. If it is toggleable then ok, if not then I strongly disagree. Many alliances use fake "leaders" to draw fire and do not want their core members/HC/alliance leaders to be known publicly
Torn on that one, lazy side of me says its not necissary, but it would help to define messages and I honestly like the idea myself.
- Friends list.
Not sure what your asking for with said list so I don't know how to respond.

base.php
Has been asked for before, and I wish it would happen but I think Admin said plain "No" to those suggestions in the past
Could be done, but again, is clicking 1 more link that hard? is it worth the effort to code it? is it worth changing the present system?
Colored means its a clickable link, so i see no point in coloring user information, nor army distrobution, but you could color "officers" and it direct you to the "manage officer" link as it is now. be one less link, but is it more confusing that way?
- Game version.
?
Notes were? are you asking for a personal log such as the one in TGW? because we have asked for it already, I think it was being looked into by admin.
I really like and fully agree with this idea
agree.

battlerecords.php
Why? whats wrong with letting them fall off naturally? I'm not against it, just don't see the need

alliance.php
Ummmm, IDK, what benifit is there to this? and will it not simply add up "useless" information that the server must store and process over time?

Credits:

Great job guys.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Kira, I like you suggestions very much.

I strongly support the following suggestions:

We are working on Alliance profiles already, good to see other people want them too

I would like to comment on this one:

=> I think all alliance names should be either bolded or not,
but alliance leaders should have the possibility to select a color for the alliance name.

=> If you are not a member of any alliance, ALLIANCE page will open up the possibility to view all alliances and send an application to join.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:49 am

I still say the rainbow effect is not worth the effort in alliance names. There are only so many colors and if the game grows there is too high a possibility there will be more alliances then colors. Then you have people taking other peoples colors for agervation, people getting attacked for their color and so on.

Its not easy to "take away" an option, as people will cry endlessly about it, so just think it through. Is it really worth it in the long run?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by buhcoreTheGreat Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:40 pm

Nomad wrote:I still say the rainbow effect is not worth the effort in alliance names. There are only so many colors and if the game grows there is too high a possibility there will be more alliances then colors. Then you have people taking other peoples colors for agervation, people getting attacked for their color and so on.

Its not easy to "take away" an option, as people will cry endlessly about it, so just think it through. Is it really worth it in the long run?

You already saw the post in Alliance Colors thread but i will still post here for anyone else to see,
buhcoreTheGreat wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
I propose an update, where all alliances can choose an alliance color.
(This means that the name of the alliance next to an alliance members name will appear in the chosen color)
I dont support this because i dont see a point here, its the same as you would suggest to color your name ?
I only like the idea when your own alliance is shown in color ( same color for all ) and is visibile to you and your alliance members only and not to public
buhcoreTheGreat
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:27 pm

Ok, busy two weeks are behind me, so time to reply to this

battlefield.php
already added in code, will be released soonish
any particular reason why green background? beside it looking quite ugly
dont see the benefit in that
/
nope
alliances will get their own "stat" page, so maybe
really dont see the reason for that. however for an option for an alliance to show who's the diplomat, see above
see above about stat page
"stat" page
I'll just say "dunno", if I get really bored and feel there's nothing else to work on
dont see why not, might cause a bunch of wars for color usage

empires aren't out

inbox.php
last time i checked, you can see in the savebox who the message was from and who it went to, and considering you can only save 20 messages ...
I can say that wont happen
messages already get unique subject names, plus you always have browser search function, so that's a "no" for now
i'll let the writers decide
- Friends list.
i'll just say maybe

base.php
notices will get slight rework, so maybe, but only MAYBE, i'll somehow work the linking into that
no, stop being lazy
why? what color? it's not like anyone looks at those words
- Game version.
what's that
as nomad said, I haven't said no to that
I can say this will happen shortly
you mean get a notice of who requested to join? i thought that already was the case, if it isn't then i'll add it

battlerecords.php
nope

alliance.php
nope

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:14 pm

Admin wrote:Ok, busy two weeks are behind me, so time to reply to this
um...

battlefield.php
already added in code, will be released soonish
cool , it's like general to most of browser games.
any particular reason why green background? beside it looking quite ugly
not really.. green = default .. but yeah I guess it depends on background
/
nope
this could be pretty coolish but oh well
alliances will get their own "stat" page, so maybe
yay
really dont see the reason for that. however for an option for an alliance to show who's the diplomat, see above
see above about stat page
"stat" page
kkkk
I'll just say "dunno", if I get really bored and feel there's nothing else to work on
it's helpful if game will have many players
dont see why not, might cause a bunch of wars for color usage
empires aren't out
what? faster (kidding)

base.php
notices will get slight rework, so maybe, but only MAYBE, i'll somehow work the linking into that
no, stop being lazy
lol

alliance.php
nope
eh k

Ishurue wrote:
booo hoo hoo

Nomad wrote:I still say the rainbow effect is not worth the effort in alliance names. There are only so many colors and if the game grows there is too high a possibility there will be more alliances then colors. Then you have people taking other peoples colors for agervation, people getting attacked for their color and so on.

me thinks it's logic.
flawless.

Nomad wrote:Great job guys.
Kenzu wrote:Kira, I like you suggestions very much.
thanks.. tho nobody likes em .. phew

*EDIT*
@Nomad, I meant both. Smile
Sorry. Added up!

Last edited by Kira on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:17 am; edited 2 times in total

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : unknown
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:46 am

I belive you will find more then 1 was supported, so I dont see where you say

"thanks.. tho nobody likes em .. phew"
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:35 pm

all future notices created from this moment onward should get included with a link of some sort (however a bunch of them will simply point you at base page)

Gametime: 21 Feb 11:33:11

also the inbox thingy only displaying unread messages in the infobar has been released a few days back
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:27 am

Nice work admin, real nice.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down