Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

minor change in armory

4 posters

Go down

minor change in armory Empty minor change in armory

Post by Admin Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:31 pm

currently it lists the weapons to be bought from knife up to your best weapon.

was figuring to make it go the other way around, from strongest to weakest and with a limit of 5-6 weapons.
so can anyone give me a good reason why someone who can buy a level 10 weapon would need access to level 3 weapons?
If i do it the simple way then yes, with level 10 tech you wont be able to buy level 3 weapons anymore.
that's the con

the pro will be that with higher tech level you'll have less scrolling

question is whether it's really a bad thing, if someone will lose out or something....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

minor change in armory Empty Re: minor change in armory

Post by Nomad Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:37 pm

I sat here and thought about it, and I can not come up with a reason to not do this. Heck I can't see why you would need more then 5 showing, well 3 really but that might be two drastic.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:29 am

Well I don't really see why you would need to but it would be nice to have the option to buy the lower weapons, just for fun maybe...

I don't know how hard it would be but you could add an option in the account preferences (Or wherever) that gives the option to either show all or show the top 5-6 weapons on the page. Give a choice to the player, though I have no idea if this is easy or hard to do.

And swapping the order is a good idea, it means you dont have to scroll (And would therefore mean that having 11+ different weapons listed wouldn't impact more then just page loading, as you wouldn't have to scroll past them.)

But I do think at least 5 showing, if not 6, not as drastic as 3, as mentioned my Nomad.

All in all a good idea in my book!

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:37 am

The only reason I can think of is 1 of the weapons has a lower repair cost, to power level but thats only good for right now lol. Since we are getting away from repair cost I am all for this.
I wouldn't get rid of them, could be due to being in a war, can't afford to buy best weapons. Maybe just tuck them away in something like a spoiler tag does here on the forum.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:03 am

buying knives when fighting people with Tanks is useless to say the least.

When hitting level 6 the machine gun, if you get massed coming back with Knives is pointless. At the level 7 grenade launcher power of 250 you lose the pistal at power of 10. Pick up the heavy morter at 380 and lose the sub machine gun at 20. Pick up the APC at 560 and lose the assault rifle at 45. Pick up the IFV at 800 and lose the sniper rifle at 90. Pick up the main battle tank at 1,100 and lose the machine gun at 150.

I see nothing wrong with this, even in war you are not going to drop 5 weapon classes.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down