Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incentives for players to recruit new players to the game

+4
seaborgium
Jiro
Admin
Kenzu
8 posters

Go down

Incentives for players to recruit new players to the game Empty Incentives for players to recruit new players to the game

Post by Kenzu Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:40 pm

NEW PROPOSAL:

I would like to alter my first proposal so that it will be this way:

BONUSES
Once player A registers and was referred by player B (writes the ID number of the player who referred him),
and logs in for the first time, player B will receive a notification that he brought a player to the game.

Player A receives iron people's award (30.000 population), player B receives 2.500 untrained units and 250 AT as bonus
Player A receives iron boost award (1.000 unit production), player B receives 2.500 untrained units and 250 AT as bonus

Player A receives bronze people's award (100.000 population), player B receives 5.000 untrained units and 500 AT as bonus
Player A receives bronze boost award (5.000 unit production), player B receives 5.000 untrained units and 500 AT as bonus

Player A receives iron supreme medal, player B receives 15.000 untrained, 500 AT and Supporter Status for 30 days (or it will be extended by 30 days if he already has one).

Once credit system is implemented (donating money and receiving support credits), assuming 1$ = 100 credits
Player B will receive 1 credit for each 10 credits player A receives for donating.
(Basically if player A donates 10$, player B will receive an equivalent of 1$)

Player B will get a total of:
+30.000 untrained and
+2.000 AT
+30 days Supporter Status
+10% of money that has been donated by referred players

Player B can of course donate the credits back to the game, or withdraw them to receive money through Paypal.

PS: I expect giving active players a share will be much more fair (afterall recruitment takes time and effort) and furthermore will be more effective than using it on advertising. Obviously advertising on the internet will still be used.

----------------------------------------------------
OLD PROPOSAL:

To boost growth of Aderan Wars, I propose following incentives for referring new players to the game

I propose the following incentives for players who get new players to play Aderan Wars

BONUSES
Once player A registers and was referred by player B (writes the ID number of the player who referred him),
and logs in for the first time, player B will receive 3.000 untrained units and 250 AT
Player A receives iron people's award and iron boost award, player B receives 7.000 untrained units and another 500 AT
Player A receives bronze people's award and bronze boost award, player B receives 10.000 untrained units and another 750 AT
Player A receives silver people's award and silver boost award, player B receives 10.000 untrained units and another 1000 AT
(Multiple bonuses should exist, so that there is an incentive for a player not to only convince others registering, but for them to keep playing!)

ADDITIONAL FEATURES
Every time player B receives bonus resources, in the message box it will appear how much resources he received for what player.

We need to make the recruitment link visible at the bottom of the base page!

It is necessary to make it visible for player B to see what players he referred.

We also need to make it possible for new players who have registered to be able to type in the referral number of the person who recruited them even after they registered, but only within the first 3 days after registering (because some might forget to type in the referral)

ADDITIONAL BONUS - Supporter Status for 30 days
Players bring new players to the game who keep playing reach 1.000.000 population and 10.000 unit production, will receive supporter status for 30 days, per account which achieves. If the player had Supporter Status before already, the duration of the supporter status will be extended by 30 days.

PUNISHMENT FOR CHEATING
Those who make accounts to boost their stats or abuse the system should loose a multiple of 3 of all the resources they gained through cheating. Example: someone makes 2 accounts and will keep them growing and ends up getting a total of 40.000 untrained units and 3.000 AT. As punishment he will loose not 40k UU and 3k AT, but he will loose 120k UU and 9k AT. If he has less than that, his account will be reseted and checked where his resources went. (Account will be banned if the he cheats repeatedly)

Last edited by Kenzu on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Incentives for players to recruit new players to the game Empty Re: Incentives for players to recruit new players to the game

Post by Admin Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:52 pm

please dont say we, gives the wrong impression
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Incentives for players to recruit new players to the game Empty Re: Incentives for players to recruit new players to the game

Post by Kenzu Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:41 pm

That's how I talk.

We need to make the recruitment link visible at the bottom of the base page!

means:

Aderan Wars needs a recruitment link visible at the bottom of the base page.

Obviously my post reflects my own opinion. You may agree or disagree.
Without proper incentives most people wont bother inviting others.
That's how the world is.
No incentive = No work done
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:24 pm

It may work, but I think it is incentive enough to have someone you know and like to join the game and share the experience. Let alone that knowing someone ingame who you can actually meet face to face is a big bonus.
People are motivated by more than riches.
And if you look at DDA, that alliance grew quickly, helped by the fact that people knew AngelSlayer from somewhere else.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:00 pm

well i know most of DDA, and if they looked and talked to others they would join with TI, due to i know some of them from the same game lol

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:21 am

Jiro wrote:It may work, but I think it is incentive enough to have someone you know and like to join the game and share the experience. Let alone that knowing someone ingame who you can actually meet face to face is a big bonus.
People are motivated by more than riches.
And if you look at DDA, that alliance grew quickly, helped by the fact that people knew AngelSlayer from somewhere else.

No, incentive is not enough

Aderan Wars is growing too slow
and most players join because I lead them here.
I'd like other people do more work.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:44 am

Yeah I joined Aderan and DDA because AngelSlayer showed me the game. I come from SGW as do alot of people I think.
I support this incentives idea.

-Alex

Last edited by Alex on Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:42 am

Like I have said before, I'm not against incentives, but the numbers your throwing are potentially masive if you bring 50 to 100 players in. Maybe capp them somewhere?

Also, the "punishments" section has a possibility to drain a great deal of admins time, is it worth it?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:19 pm

Nomad wrote:Like I have said before, I'm not against incentives, but the numbers your throwing are potentially masive if you bring 50 to 100 players in. Maybe capp them somewhere?

Also, the "punishments" section has a possibility to drain a great deal of admins time, is it worth it?

If you donate to the game you also can get massive number of units.

Imagine you buy a VIP status:

VIP Donator Package Gives:
PERMANENT Player to Player trading ability (and consequent full Trade Broker AND Private Market function)
48 Hour temporary protection from all attacks on your realm (You cannot attack anyone in this time either)
21,006 Turns
51,916 Units
1,617,538,309 Kuwal
10 Market Reserves
2 Name Changes
2 Personal Bonus Changes (You cannot change your personal bonus more than once every 2 months)
50% Bank Increase (50% increase in natural bank size)

You get
21,006 Turns = 16.8 billion kuwal
51.916 untrained = 5.2 billion kuwal
1,617,538,309 Kuwal = 1.6 billion kuwal
You get a value of 23.6 billion for a VIP package

If you get an active player who will keep playing even half a year you will get a total of:
30.000 untrained = 3 billion kuwal
2500 turns = 2 billion kuwal
you get a value of 5 billion kuwal for bringing a player who will keep playing the game for at least half year.

I think bringing 5 permanent players to the game is more valuable than donating for a VIP package.

Let's just assume someone really brings 50 people to the game.
If it was a new player, he will increase his stats by 1.500.000 units and 125.000 AT
Someone who brings so many players to the game who stay in the game and keep playing, well
such person deserves to be honored.

It might take even a year to bring 50 new players to the game, but if you have 10.000 unit production, your population increases by 3.650.000 each year anyway. The incentives will be much more valuable for new players than old players and that's how it should be, because the big players have told all their friends to join most likely anyway.

Currently I dont see a "danger" of someone bringing in 50 players (especially not 50 players who keep playing)
And even if he/she accomplished such thing, he still wouldn't achieve highest population. Afterall highest population is 5 million I think. Besides, everyone can get the bonus. People will be motivated more to spend time recruiting if they know it can improve their AW accounts.

PS: Making a cap is not a bad idea though. It wouldnt be good if someone ends up 5 times bigger than the second biggest player, but then again Administrative Efficiency will pull that person down.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:32 pm

Nomad wrote:Like I have said before, I'm not against incentives, but the numbers your throwing are potentially masive if you bring 50 to 100 players in. Maybe capp them somewhere?

Cap, possibly a smarter Idea would be that instead of getting the stuff instantly you'll be getting a batch every day, like 5-10% of what you should receive.

And about the punishments, I implemented a system today which allows me to limit some things, like IP banning (both for login and registration) and how many accounts can be made from one IP address. So that in itself will make this abuse a little bit harder and my life a bit easier.
Plus the system isn't gonna be just based on someone creating 200 accounts and not having to care about them. Since the accounts will actually have to play for the main account to get most of the benefits.
Example list:
- Reach army size of various levels
- Reach up of various levels
- Receive Supreme Medal of various levels
- Donate something
etc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Admin wrote:

Cap, possibly a smarter Idea would be that instead of getting the stuff instantly you'll be getting a batch every day, like 5-10% of what you should receive.

And about the punishments, I implemented a system today which allows me to limit some things, like IP banning (both for login and registration) and how many accounts can be made from one IP address. So that in itself will make this abuse a little bit harder and my life a bit easier.
Plus the system isn't gonna be just based on someone creating 200 accounts and not having to care about them. Since the accounts will actually have to play for the main account to get most of the benefits.
Example list:
- Donate something
etc.

I was thinking of something similiar, for example you can be paid maximum a bonus of 1 invited player per week.
In other words, even if you invite 50 players and they grow huge fast, you will be paid only 1 incentive per week
it will take 50 weeks, which is almost a full year until you get all the incentives
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:12 am

Well I'm not trying to be an ass about it, like I said I dont mind incentives, BUT, if you really care about the game you will do it for free, and for the health of the game. Seems to me a person who has alot of time on their hands, and a huge MSN list could make a tidy profit and never play themselves.

BUT

I trust you to find a good balanced system, so you have my support.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Universe Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:30 am

Nomad wrote:Well I'm not trying to be an ass about it, like I said I dont mind incentives, BUT, if you really care about the game you will do it for free, and for the health of the game. Seems to me a person who has alot of time on their hands, and a huge MSN list could make a tidy profit and never play themselves.

BUT

Indeed.
Universe
Universe
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : 510
Or the year Clovis officially establishes Frankish Kingdom - Birth of France.
Alliance : Nah.. Smile
Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:24 am

people wont do it for free, and no, I thought we already made it clear that simply making 100 people register who dont play wouldn't get you much of a bonus.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:35 am

Admin wrote:people wont do it for free, and no, I thought we already made it clear that simply making 100 people register who dont play wouldn't get you much of a bonus.

No, you misunderstood. What I mean is I could get 100 people to join and play, and I could make alot of resources, but I myself not really play much as in actively working on my account, but sit back and collect incentives from other accounts, hence "never play themselves".

Sorry I wasnt clearer.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:43 am

Nomad wrote:Well I'm not trying to be an ass about it, like I said I dont mind incentives, BUT, if you really care about the game you will do it for free, and for the health of the game. Seems to me a person who has alot of time on their hands, and a huge MSN list could make a tidy profit and never play themselves.

BUT

We can see clearly most players don't care enough.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:57 am

Admin wrote:

Example list:
- Donate something
etc.

I would like to alter my first proposal so that it will be this way:

BONUSES
and logs in for the first time, player B will receive a notification that he brought a player to the game.

Player A receives iron people's award (30.000 population), player B receives 2.500 untrained units and 250 AT as bonus
Player A receives iron boost award (1.000 unit production), player B receives 2.500 untrained units and 250 AT as bonus

Player A receives bronze people's award (100.000 population), player B receives 5.000 untrained units and 500 AT as bonus
Player A receives bronze boost award (5.000 unit production), player B receives 5.000 untrained units and 500 AT as bonus

Player A receives iron supreme medal, player B receives 15.000 untrained and 500 AT

Once credit system is implemented (donating money and receiving support credits), assuming 1$ = 100 credits
Player B will receive 1 credit for each 10 credits player A receives for donating.
(Basically if player A donates 10$, player B will receive an equivalent of 1$)

Player B will get a total of 30.000 untrained and 2.000 AT for each referred player who play a few months + 10% of money that has been donated by referred players.

Player B can of course donate the credits back to the game, or withdraw them to receive money through Paypal.

PS: I expect giving active players a share will be much more fair (afterall recruitment takes time and effort) and furthermore will be more effective than using it on advertising. Obviously advertising on the internet will still be used.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:34 am

Kenzu wrote:

BUT

We can see clearly most players don't care enough.

If they don't really care, this incentive system isnt going to help. As I said tho, as long as Uro keeps it balanced I am fine with it. He has always been good about it.

I also personally dont like seeing $$ taken away from the game and given to people, but thats again is Uro's call. If he is good with it then I am good with it. I think giving them the credits that can be spent ingame is a fine idea, then the money stays in the game.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:33 pm

I don't think that members of aderan don't try..
I got to admit that the game is quite confusing to some people..

On a side note..
I think admin should make a system that gives the member credits only when the member (invited by him) will have some experience.. and by experience I mean certain army size or unit production /etx w/e

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : unknown
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:11 am

thats what Kenzu is saying. The awards he mentions are awards based on those very things.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down