Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change Personal Bonus & Change race

+3
Nomad
Admin
ioz
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Change Personal Bonus & Change race - Page 2 Empty Re: Change Personal Bonus & Change race

Post by Alex Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:30 am

Pehaps make it so the kuwal can be in the open. I havn't tried it but it does say the kuwal must be in your bank. My bank is between 1/4 and 1/5 of my required kuwal to change race. I have increased my bank with market turns as well. This means even if I can get the kuwal I would still have to go for a significant amount of time without increasing any spy lvls etc to change my race.

-Alex

Last edited by Alex on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed the 1/3, 1/4 to 1/4, 1/5...)
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Change Personal Bonus & Change race - Page 2 Empty Re: Change Personal Bonus & Change race

Post by Admin Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:46 am

now that can be done Smile

And added now

Last edited by Admin on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:47 am

Ah good I will probably change then!

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:07 am

are you sure? i'm pretty confident i'm gonna do a nerf to hualu
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:15 am

Ok, how to do with the limit?
right now it's easy, it's just that you can't change your stats more than once per 60 days.

If I change the system that you can reassign points by taking away from one stat and giving to another along with getting the chance to reassign some points each month, it means it can't work with the simple 60 day limit coupled with donating to change bonus.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:18 am

Admin wrote:are you sure? i'm pretty confident i'm gonna do a nerf to hualu

The only real reason I am changing is for the 0 Bank fees. If you gave kyora (And the other races) 0 bank fees as well then I would definately not change. Same goes for if you gave Hulua bank fees, I wouldn't change then either. Do you think either of those things are likely to happen?

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 am

Alex wrote:
Admin wrote:are you sure? i'm pretty confident i'm gonna do a nerf to hualu

The only real reason I am changing is for the 0 Bank fees. If you gave kyora (And the other races) 0 bank fees as well then I would definately not change. Same goes for if you gave Hulua bank fees, I wouldn't change then either. Do you think either of those things are likely to happen?

-Alex

Thats what the other thread is saying Neutral

Admin wrote:Ok, how to do with the limit?
right now it's easy, it's just that you can't change your stats more than once per 60 days.

If I change the system that you can reassign points by taking away from one stat and giving to another along with getting the chance to reassign some points each month, it means it can't work with the simple 60 day limit coupled with donating to change bonus.

I'm no coder, but what makes sense to me is to pick a time, lets say 24 hrs. Every 24 hrs you can reassign 1 personal bonus point. so for 35 pts it takes a little over 1 month to move them all.

As for the buying of a personal stat change, you have 1 of 3 choices
1. remove it completely, then you have but 1 way to change period
2. leave it in place but change it so buying a personal race change isnt instant, but doubles or triples the rate per turn you can reassign your points. Instead of 1 point per day you can reassign 2 or 3 points. The effect lasts for a set time (Say 15 days or something)
3. leave it like it is, but make it so the option to buy from the market is blocked for 60 days (if thats possible) Of course the down side is, if you have more then 1 avalible then you can break the 60 day limitation, but lets be honest, how often that going to happen?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:51 pm

1 week to reasign 1 bonus point is good enough!
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:17 pm

Nomad wrote:
As for the buying of a personal stat change, you have 1 of 3 choices
1. remove it completely, then you have but 1 way to change period
But I like money, i'm a greedy capitalist who wants to keep making money
2. leave it in place but change it so buying a personal race change isnt instant, but doubles or triples the rate per turn you can reassign your points. Instead of 1 point per day you can reassign 2 or 3 points. The effect lasts for a set time (Say 15 days or something)
Too complicated, normally I only have to make one line of code which basically tells the database to:
Set "amount of points to reassign" to 1 where "amount of points to reassign" is 0

3. leave it like it is, but make it so the option to buy from the market is blocked for 60 days (if thats possible) Of course the down side is, if you have more then 1 avalible then you can break the 60 day limitation, but lets be honest, how often that going to happen?
I thought of a similar way although slightly different Very Happy
Buying the personal change will basically increase the "amount of points to reassign" to 30 (or however many you have got by now)
Oh yeh, when donating, the game won't display the button to donate to get a change, if you made a change in the last 60 days. In case you'll try to bypass this (through very simple means) and you still donate, you'll simply end up with an error message along the lines...
Thank you for your money, however you wont receive the points to change since you already made such a purchase within the last 60 days
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:05 am

Good stuff Admin

@Kenzu, over 1/2 a year to completely change them is a bit much if you ask me, but thats JMO.

I have 38 points presently, thats 38 weeks.

38 out of 52, thats only 14 weeks from a year
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:44 pm

Nomad wrote:Good stuff Admin

@Kenzu, over 1/2 a year to completely change them is a bit much if you ask me, but thats JMO.

I have 38 points presently, thats 38 weeks.

38 out of 52, thats only 14 weeks from a year

How about 2 points per week.
You could redistribute your 38 points in 19 weeks.
That's slightly more than 4 months

People with 30 points can change within 15 weeks (that's 3.5 months)

Most likely you will not want to change all points anyway.
Maybe you want to redistribute only 25% points or 50%
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:11 pm

I really think things should stay as they are.

When you buy an account it's quite simple to ask if there is the initial bonus points change in place or not. You also see the race. So if you complain about those why should admin change something in the game because your own stupidity ??

You don't like the answers don't buy the account .... it's quite a fucking simple concept.

I don't like the idea to be able to change a small amount of points every week. As it has been mentioned by admin you get the free change and if after you understand the game you see the need to change how you put the points then you can do it. If after that you feel again the need to change then pay up ..... you might be surprised but it costs money to keep the server online. This is a free game, but stupidity has a cost.

There should be no free race change. Until you get to a big army the cost isn't that high and by then you should know the game well enough to decide what race you want to be. In any case, I doubt there is an account where the cost is over 1 week worth of income + UP and that's still reasonable.

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2