Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untraining costs.

5 posters

Go down

Untraining costs. Empty Untraining costs.

Post by Nomad Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:10 am

Never paid much attention to this until today when it caught my eye. I didnt know where to post this so feel free to move it if need be.
Military Units
Unit type////////Cost to train Per Unit///////Cost to untrain per unit
Attack Units,,,,,,,,15,000 Kuwal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,15,606 Kuwal 606 more to untrain then train
Defence Units,,,,,,15,000 Kuwal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,15,606 Kuwal 606 more to untrain then train
Spies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,45,000 Kuwal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,18,106 Kuwal 26,849 less to untrain then train
Assassins,,,,,,,,,,,,45,000 Kuwal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,18,106 Kuwal 26,849 less to untrain then train
Civilian Units
Unit type////////Cost Per Unit///////Cost to untrain per unit
Farmers,,,,,,,,,,,5,000 Kuwal,,,,,,,,,,7,803 Kuwal 2,803 more to untrain then train
Workers,,,,,,,,,,,7,500 Kuwal,,,,,,,,,,8,303 Kuwal 803 more to untrain then train
Miners,,,,,,,,,,,,,10,000 Kuwal,,,,,,,,,8,803 Kuwal 1,197 less to untrain then train

My question is 2 part
1. Is this intended?
2. What is the reasoning/logic behind the set up if you don't mind sharing Admin.

problem i have is, why is it more expensive to untrain then train? but that I can accept as one of the controls on the game to stop massive retraining cheaply. My concern it that the covert and assassin based players are getting what appears to be a fairly signifigant edge when it comes to cost. I say that because any soilder will be armed. Any weapon over "Grenade Launcher 250 25,000 Kuwal" puts the cost of training and arming very close to the cost of training a Covert/assasin unit. If you give them the best weapons of "IFV 800 184,000 Kuwal" then you see the cost for the military unit is signifigantly higher. Thats just my line of thinking anyway.

Wondering your thoughts on the matter.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Untraining costs. Empty Re: Untraining costs.

Post by Kenzu Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:01 am

High untraining costs prevent players from untraining their units if they expect an attack on them (especially after they massed someone).

I think untraining costs can be higher.

Double training price for civilian units
45k for spies and assassins
30k for attackers and defenders

Unit type -Cost to untrain per unit
Attack Units 30.000
Defence Units 30.000
Spies 45.000
Assassins 45.000

Civilian Units
Unit type-Cost to untrain per unit
Farmers 10.000
Workers 15.000
Miners 20.000
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:20 am

once i see most people focusing on covert and assassin i might reconsider costs.
for now most people focus on attack and defense Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:47 am

Well if you think its an issue I think it should be corrected when you see it, not when people start using it to their advantage, but I respect you decision on it.

Would still like YOUR reasoning/logic behind untraining cost being so skewed tho.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:19 am

untraining cost isn't skewed.
Imho would be a very interesting gameplay if untraining didn't exist at all, but let's not think about that.

also i'd like to remind you that a while ago when weapons only cost 5-10k and less, it cost under 30k to train an attack or defense unit.
A spy cost 45k, between 50 and 150% more than attack or defense.

and untraining cost is what kenzu said, dont want people to train attackers, mass someone and then untrain them without any cost to make sure they cannot be retaliated upon.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Lachance Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:43 pm

Admin wrote:Imho would be a very interesting gameplay if untraining didn't exist at all, but let's not think about that.

i really like to sound of that......would make the game alittle more unique...

Lucien Lachance
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : The Dark Brotherhood,
Cheydinhal Sanctuary,
Cyrodil
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:50 pm

maybe but 2 things are certain
1) a shedload of people would lynch me
2) game would possibly suffer (but also maybe thrive) since no untraining would mean less selling uu's for $. Although I think it would be great it would also mean declined interest in the game from some people, which would eventually be reflected in the playerbase
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:37 pm

FTR I wouldnt have any issues with no untraining. I have asked for, and promoted the exact thing in others games but it was never really accepted.

i proposed a system for covert/anti just like strike a def. menial peon can be retrained, but the powerful units could not be untrained.

I don't see how you can say they are not skewed, I mean look at ALL of them, not just covert, strike and def, what about the cost to retrain income units?

But as I said, I can respect your stance on it, was just wanting to try to understand your reasoning.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:16 am

I also notice that the untraining costs in testserver are smaller. Did you made the untraining costs variable? Cos if you did, then that sucks hard.

Untrain Units
Unit type Cost Per Unit Amount
Attack Units 10,352 Kuwal
Defense Units 10,352 Kuwal
Spies 12,852 Kuwal
Assassins 12,852 Kuwal
Farmers 5,176 Kuwal
Workers 5,676 Kuwal
Miners 6,176 Kuwal
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:41 am

yeh it's variable cos if you remember/noticed at all initially it was 3% of untrained units to be lost.

so it now takes cost of uu and then adds that on top of the base untrain cost. So instead of using 3% worth in units, you now lose 3% worth in kuwal
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down