Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auction House

+8
Magnus
october 17
ian
Lucien Lachance
TipsY
Kenzu
chaos
retro22
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Auction House - Page 3 Empty Re: Auction House

Post by Admin Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:03 pm

or someone thinks it's a good idea to abuse private market as bank, dont really think that with the % fees it's a smart thing to do.
I could put that you cannot ask for a higher rate than dunno 50-100 times ingame market rate lol.

about the layout, the best i can think of is the thought that because the system is different from dune or tgw.de (as that's the only games i've seen a comparable system on) the first orientation appears hard but people will get easily used to it over the next few weeks.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:23 pm

I agree, once you use it a few times its not that bad, just a bit confusing at first. Again, overall it a good setup.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Lachance Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:00 am

nope not keen at all, its not concise enough... it needs to be a list of what ppl play exatly like the dunewars one for me.... i lost a shitload of UU for next to nothing, i may as well have gave them away!
WILL NOT BE USING THIS FEATURE EVER AGAIN.
sorry admin good work on the update but for me, its kind of useless....

Lucien Lachance
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : The Dark Brotherhood,
Cheydinhal Sanctuary,
Cyrodil
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:37 am

may i know what kind of mistake you did?
i can add an easy update that if you put in a value below ingame market rate that you will be asked to confirm your input again making mistakes in the resources requested nearly impossible.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Lachance Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:04 am

would certainly make it safer mate, i got had for 48k UU... and all i got back was a poxy 1bil... yet 5 or 10 mins earlier i stood to get 4.5bil.... (rookie mistake i know) would much rather see a list of what ppl want and how much they want to pay....
to keep it anonymous, you coudl call it rep1, rep 2, rep3 etc, that way you can choose the best deals available and not have to use those players that woudl rip off the entire server.... AND you coudl still trade with enemies of your empire without knowledge of it.
but i digress, it was my own fault, but liek i previously said, i will not use this feature again.... shame too, as the auction house was the ONLY GOOD THING to come form dunewars....

Lucien Lachance
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : The Dark Brotherhood,
Cheydinhal Sanctuary,
Cyrodil
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:34 am

ok, thanks for clarifying that the problem wasn't with you puttin in the wrong rate when creating an offer but for not realizing what rate you'd be selling your uu's for to another person by accepting their shitty offer

comparable situation:
someone sends you a broker offering 1,100,000 kuwal (1.1 mil) in return for 10k uu's, and the receiver mistaking it for 1,100,000,000 kuwal (1.1 BIL) and then accepting it.

can't really protect against that kind of behavior
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Well first of all the Update is great, but I have not used it since it confuses me also. I agree with Ragnarok to have a direct display of the trades offered. It would make it a lot more simple and I do have to admit that the dune Trade market is great. There even a idiot who can read can use it. Very Happy Still have to say that this is a great update. Thanks admin to listening to ideas and making this a excellent game
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:21 pm

k will rework it in the next few days again.
as i said before Razz it was an experiment to see how it would work.
Having used it a few times, i'm actually personally quite used to it now, just the first steps can appear difficult, that i agree with.

So i'll most likely combine elements of dune AH and aderan private market.
order it by rates and display the rates so that you can see the cheapest offer and see the amounts of other offers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3