Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auction House

+8
Magnus
october 17
ian
Lucien Lachance
TipsY
Kenzu
chaos
retro22
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Auction House - Page 2 Empty Re: Auction House

Post by october 17 Tue May 05, 2009 5:20 am

Admin wrote:
TipsY wrote:Maybe non SS people get like 1 offer only or buy only per day or 2 and SS people get unlimited ... That way SS people still have an advantage, but allows non SS people to make a trade or 2 aswell... Smile
no we've seen the results of that on sgw.de
plus 1 trade per day is pretty much like free trading, too easy to have multies abuse that system

i say non ss players can not offer period but can buy 1 per day

or perhaps put it at a high cost of market trades per purchase but no selling
october 17
october 17
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 50
Alliance : world republic
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue May 05, 2009 8:52 pm

Admin wrote:meaning you have 15 trades, here you have 16

well, de facto you really have only 3 trades in sgw.
Afterall you cannot make 15 trades, you can make only 3.

If you take multiplier 1, 3 or 5, you will always loose a market turn in sgw, so it has only 3 turns.

Action house should facilitate trades for people who have SS only.
Afterall people should be encouraged to donate.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Tue May 05, 2009 9:30 pm

The Auction House will do the same thing as trading with the broker, only that people will search/work/trade easyer for what they want. TBH, the AH is not fun and it will add some problems to the code!!!

But you do as you want.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 05, 2009 10:27 pm

care to elaborate on the problems?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:34 pm

ok will start work on this today/tomorrow, rough ideas for now:

3% of resources lost if trade doesn't get accepted by anyone
Accepted trades give the seller 12 hours to recover goods or they go into the open
You can do auction style, trade goes through after expiration of time, or direct trade
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:35 pm

Just make sure its done in a way so that it can't be used as a rolling bank.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:48 pm

hence the resources lost if it doesn't get accepted
there will be also just like with broker a 2 % fee on transferred resources
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:23 pm

I recommend the following:

Instead of calling it auction market and let's call it the "Aderan Market"
(it wont involve auctions as the name implies)

You should be able to simply place buy and sell offers.

You can sell either uu or AT

and you can buy these resources too.

You pay with the kuwal you have in the bank, so you dont deposit kuwal on the market and there is no risk people using it as a bank.

What you can do is for example place 4000 uu on the market and setting the price for example 105.000 kuwal per unit.

And there would be many people selling their uu.

Then there would be people who want to buy uu. They would set how much kuwal they want to spend in total (but no more than they have in the bank) and also the maximum price they offer to pay per unit.

If someone places an offer to buy units and there is a person who want to sell his units for this or lower price, units will be sold until either one has depleted his kuwal, or the other one his units which they are selling. The seller who sellls the cheapest units will be selling his units first at his price. If the buyer still has money after buying all units, he would buy units from the more expensive guy until he spent all kuwal.

If the buyer offers less kuwal per unit than the price of cheapest uu in the market, then the offer will stay up and as soon as a seller offers his units for less or equal of the buyers price there will be a transaction.

The buyer who pays most gets served first together with the seller who sells at the lowest price. The price paid is the price of the seller.

There can be a maximum of 4 bids per player, one for buying uu, one for selling uu, one for buying AT and one for selling AT.

There could be also an option for barter: selling AT for uu.
The person who offers most uu for AT will be served first.

Money earned in the Aderan market is placed into your bank, if you aren't hualu, you will pay the bank fee.
uu and AT will be given to players.

PS: There should be an info advising players not to buy more than 10k uu, otherwise they risk getting raided.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by retro22 Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:25 am

anyone who can afford 10k should know that, and will probably have a defense to protect them.

I don't think a warning is bad, I would just be more vague about the number.

retro22
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:43 am

How much longer till this is implemented live on the game? Smile

Its just my experience from talking to friends i know from other games (i.e. Dune) that one of the main deciding factors in why they still prefer Dune is the auction house, and alliance auction house - and mainly the effect it has on making trade (the very basics of growth) between players and across the server so much easier and smoother.....

The Auction house, and in particular alliance auction house - were probably Dune's most successful updates. Aderan Wars is so much better, thus i d say implementing AW's own version of a auction house/ alliance auction house will play a major role in not just helping the existing memberbase, but in keeping newer members to the game hooked on it (i.e. the auction house makes trade much easier... but also presents a visible and clear example of the size of the memberbase and who active players are etc... i.e. a full busy auction house clearly indicates a busy active memberbase, and presents a list of potential trade contacts etc...)
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:37 pm

ideas are starting to form Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:58 pm

i cant remember much being wrong with the dune wars AH. the onyl thing that comes 2 mind was the 'storage' of resources, however i am sure that can be avioded on here.
chaos
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:21 pm

yeh already figured a possible way around it.

When you accept a trade then it will get automatically stored in the auction house for you to withdraw from it anytime.
However you will lose 3-4% of all resources for each day you leave it there in storage.

You can also store resources in it outright (basically unlimited bank for everything). However you lose 6% of everything you put into it (hualur race included), and pay another 3-4% of whatever is left each day

So leaving it there for a week for no reason == bad idea
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:54 pm

Admin wrote:yeh already figured a possible way around it.

When you accept a trade then it will get automatically stored in the auction house for you to withdraw from it anytime.
However you will lose 3-4% of all resources for each day you leave it there in storage.

You can also store resources in it outright (basically unlimited bank for everything). However you lose 6% of everything you put into it (hualur race included), and pay another 3-4% of whatever is left each day

So leaving it there for a week for no reason == bad idea

That sounds like a neat idea. Only question is can you make it so you loose 1% resources every 6hours, as oppossed to 3 - 4% everyday. I.e if it deducts the 3 - 4% the moment the trade is accepted, and you log on 2minutes later, you ll have lost the same amount of resources as someone who logs on 23hours 58minutes after the trade is accepted.... or simply make it so you don't loose anything (other than the 2% you would ordinarily with brokers) untill its been unaccepted for 24hours....
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:56 pm

well obviously it wouldn't take 4% if it was in there for 10 minutes. I would have either done it as you said after more than 24h passed or withdraw the equivalent amount (i.e. if it was there 6 hours you only lose 1/4th of the fee, etc.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:37 pm

I'm working on an experimental way of doing the auction house, a bit different than in dune.
If people wont like it then i'll recode it to be like the one in dune.

People put up offers like usual. Specify how much you give and what you expect in return.

My idea is that you dont buy from specific trades people put up but more like you offer to buy a certain amount of stuff and you start buying off the best offer, then the second best, etc. until the amount of resources you want to spend is all gone.

There will be a javascript calculator that will allow you to find out how much you'd need to pay to buy any amount of the resource you wish to buy as you wont be allowed to see a list of all trades.

Auction House - Page 2 Screen

sounds more complicated than it actually is.
And really if i get a negative feedback from this then i'll recode it to work like on dune.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Admin wrote:I'm working on an experimental way of doing the auction house, a bit different than in dune.
If people wont like it then i'll recode it to be like the one in dune.

People put up offers like usual. Specify how much you give and what you expect in return.

My idea is that you dont buy from specific trades people put up but more like you offer to buy a certain amount of stuff and you start buying off the best offer, then the second best, etc. until the amount of resources you want to spend is all gone.

There will be a javascript calculator that will allow you to find out how much you'd need to pay to buy any amount of the resource you wish to buy as you wont be allowed to see a list of all trades.

Auction House - Page 2 Screen

sounds more complicated than it actually is.
And really if i get a negative feedback from this then i'll recode it to work like on dune.

I like this. You could trade from your enemy this way without knowing it. If you care about it, then you would use the trade broker.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:47 pm

I dislike it in 1 way tho, if your not low man you wont get any trades and people can undercut you by just a few kewal or a small % on anything. If its set up to always buy from the lowest price first then basicly you cant set your own price.

But I'm all for trying it. With the small player base it may be painful, but as the game expands it should balance fairly well.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:21 pm

ah the fun part will be
1) it takes anywhere from 0 to 6 hours for a trade to become active, so undercutting is not as simple as it appears
2) because of 1) it might happen that an offer you think you'll use to undercut someone is already on its way from someone else and will even undercut you because that offer is even lower
3) as always, supply and demand will reign. If you yourself go low enough you will always sell whatever you wish to sell. Consequently there should also be possible to exploit some opportunistic behavior
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:34 pm

Admin wrote:ah the fun part will be
1) it takes anywhere from 0 to 6 hours for a trade to become active, so undercutting is not as simple as it appears
2) because of 1) it might happen that an offer you think you'll use to undercut someone is already on its way from someone else and will even undercut you because that offer is even lower
3) as always, supply and demand will reign. If you yourself go low enough you will always sell whatever you wish to sell. Consequently there should also be possible to exploit some opportunistic behavior

Because of "1)", I do appreciate the idea a bit more I must admit.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:54 am

Nearly done with this just need a bit of help:
When you create or edit an offer for sale you say which type of resource and how much of it you want to sell.
Then you say which kind of resource you ask in return.
But instead of saying how much you only put in a rate (so when selling uu's for 120 mil per k you'll put in a rate of 1:120000)

ok, to everyone skillful in the art of explaining things.
Need a 1-2 sentence explanation that will be put in the private market telling people that the game automatically detects the type of resource offered and asked and depending on that knows if the rate you put in means 1 turn : 10 untrained or 10 untrained : 1 turn
so that i.e. if you sell uu and ask for kuwal, the rate you demand, will be identical to the one you demand if you sell kuwal and ask for uu

Auction House - Page 2 Add
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:30 pm

ok, released on the test server for now, reachable from trade center and then clicking link right above the private broker.

if all goes well, live release should be in a day or two max
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:35 pm

In return for [Kuwal] For a rate of 1: [0] (Rates: 1 AT : x kuwal, 1 UU : x kuwal, 1 AT : x UU )

OR

Rate is 1 : x

x is the amount of the lesser resource for each 1 of the greater resource

If you trade Attack turns and Kuwal, Kuwal is the lesser resource
If you trade Untrained and Kuwal, Kuwal is the lesser resource
If you trade Attack turns and Untrained, Untrained is the lesser resource

the minimum rate is 1:1

Current market prices:
Buy 1 uu = 120.000 kuwal
Sell 1 uu = 114.000 kuwal

Buy 1 at = 823.000 kuwal
Sell 1 at = 650.000 kuwal

Buy 1 at = 110 uu
Sell 1 at = 98 uu

The table could also be:

BUY SELL
1 UU = 120.000 kuwal 1 UU = 114.000 kuwal
1 AT = 823.000 kuwal 1 AT = 650.000 kuwal
1 AT = 110 UU 1 AT = 98 UU

AT = attack turn
UU = untrained unit

PS:
Current rates should appear automatically to prevent tedious clicking around.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:40 pm

added more display options.
So far there were 3 options only distinguishing between what you wanted to spend.

Now there are another 3 options:
Kuwal for UU and vice versa
AT for UU and vice versa
Kuwal for AT and vice versa

This is just the display options, everything else works the way it did, just if you want to buy uu's with your kuwal you can now see right next to that for what price people are buying uu's for.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Over all I think you have done a magnificent job on this.

The layout is a bit confusing at first glance, but I can offer no better set up so may be best possible.

my only concern is stupid people

Buy Turns with your Kuwal
Total Turns on sale: 1,000
Total Kuwal requested: 5,000,000,000,000
Best Rate: 1 : 2,147,483,647
Second Best Rate: 1 : 0
Max Buyable Turns for best rate: 1,000
Kuwal needed to pay: 5,000,000,000,000
Worst Rate: 1 : 2,147,483,647

5 trill kewal for 1K AT? but I guess there is no way to control unbeliveable/unobtainable auctions.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next