Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent events in your realm...

+3
Nomad
Admin
kingkongfan1
7 posters

Go down

Recent events in your realm... Empty Recent events in your realm...

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:52 pm

ID #98...

I have not deleted any of my notices since 1-24-12; that was the last day, I was keeping all notices so I could maintain a record of how much Gold I got & how many days I had been getting it. For the last couple of days all messages have been disappearing with the exception of the amount of Gold I got for that particular day & the previous day... (example below).

[29 Jan] 06:07 You logged in 19 days in a row (+10 Gold)
[28 Jan] 18:12 A Broker has been sent to you
[28 Jan] 05:33 You logged in 18 days in a row (+10 Gold)

I should have 20 or more notices (4 days of Gold notices {starting on the 25th} + several alliance messages + several personal messages + several broker messages)...

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug or not, just thought you might want to know about it...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Recent events in your realm... Empty Re: Recent events in your realm...

Post by Admin Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:10 pm

recent events are called that because only recent ones are kept.
once per day at midnight, all events older than 24 hours get autodeleted

i.e. you get hit on monday 00:01, tuesday 0:00 event wasn't 24 hours old, wednesday 0:00 it will get deleted
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:53 pm

is this something new?
before I reported this events would stay until I deleted them. I sometimes had a weeks worth of notices & would have a scrollbar to the right of the list. just curious is all...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Would have to be new, I have had 4 or 5 days worth fairly regular.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:52 am

kingkongfan1 wrote:is this something new?
before I reported this events would stay until I deleted them. I sometimes had a weeks worth of notices & would have a scrollbar to the right of the list. just curious is all...

That simply means that you had a lot of new notices each day.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:13 pm

what has that got to do with the discussion?

Previously you kept notices for very long periods of time, and that time has been shortened without telling anyone so Kong asked and got an after-the-fact answer. Getting multiple realm alerts a day or getting few everyday but every day will lead to getting the scrollbar. You comment was useless and unneeded and wrong just TBH.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:39 pm

I don't think anything changed. I don't think notices ever stayed for longer than 48 hours.

Since it hasn't changed, but he always had a lot of notices, it means that he must have been getting a lot each day, so that he didnt notice that old ones were deleted.

That's what it means.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Kenzu wrote:I don't think anything changed. I don't think notices ever stayed for longer than 48 hours.

Since it hasn't changed, but he always had a lot of notices, it means that he must have been getting a lot each day, so that he didnt notice that old ones were deleted.

That's what it means.

@kenzu- maybe you are forgetting that each notice comes dated; that "IS" how I "KNOW" how long I was holding onto my notices for... perhaps it was a bug of some sort or whatever I really do not care,,, but for you to attempt to say that I did not notice that the "older ones were deleted" just pisses me off! If I "HAD NOT NOTICED" then I "WOULD NOT HAVE MADE THIS POST"... for the record "I DO" get a lot of messages throughout the day; I mark the date of the oldest, then I mark the date of the newest, then I count them. exactly how stupid do you think I am?

If this is how I can expect to be treated when I post about a "bug" then I shall post no more!
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Maybe The Game Admin will clarify since the Forum Admin has decided to answer a question he does not 100% know the answer to. Why you feel the need to answer something you are not sure of and is beyond me. The question was asked and a knowlegeable answer was given. If you are not positive of your response why make it?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:14 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:I don't think anything changed. I don't think notices ever stayed for longer than 48 hours.

That's what it means.

@kenzu- maybe you are forgetting that each notice comes dated; that "IS" how I "KNOW" how long I was holding onto my notices for... perhaps it was a bug of some sort or whatever I really do not care,,, but for you to attempt to say that I did not notice that the "older ones were deleted" just pisses me off! If I "HAD NOT NOTICED" then I "WOULD NOT HAVE MADE THIS POST"... for the record "I DO" get a lot of messages throughout the day; I mark the date of the oldest, then I mark the date of the newest, then I count them. exactly how stupid do you think I am?

If this is how I can expect to be treated when I post about a "bug" then I shall post no more!

One doesn't have to be stupid to not notice something. And I wouldn't ask this, if it didn't happen a million times before with other users. Namely they report something is wrong, where actually it was always like this and they simply didn't remember it well or didn't notice something.

And I am very sure it didn't change.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Kenzu wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:

That's what it means.

One doesn't have to be stupid to not notice something. And I wouldn't ask this, if it didn't happen a million times before with other users. Namely they report something is wrong, where actually it was always like this and they simply didn't remember it well or didn't notice something.

Since you obviously failed to "READ" my post before making "THIS" post. I hi-lighted the important parts in red, are you calling me a liar as well as stupid? you know what...never mind; I do not care, I am done with this convo...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:08 am

I read what you wrote already before and I don't see why you think that I didn't read it. However according to what you said, it looks like you didn't read what I wrote. So let me highlight it in red as well

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:...
That's what it means.

Since you obviously failed to "READ" my post before making "THIS" post. I hi-lighted the important parts in red, are you calling me a liar as well as stupid? you know what...never mind; I do not care, I am done with this convo...

And now that you accuse me of calling you a liar and being stupid I would really love to see where exactly did I call you that.

Keep in mind that I said, and let me rephrase now, being stupid is not a requirement not to notice something. In other words, a person can be clever and still it can happen that he will not notice something.

I really don't understand the way you think. You get offended in a regular conversation and feel accused of something that has not even been said at all.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:14 am

Ok, so I'll repeat it once more (well repeat is relative but I didn't mention anything about having made any changes, so this assumes it's always been like that)

Recent notices have always gotten deleted after 48 hours.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:01 pm

Then there has been a bug in place for months that suffently got "fixed" without you fixing it.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm

Nomad wrote:Then there has been a bug in place for months that suffently got "fixed" without you fixing it.
Well I can only reply the following:

I checked my code backups from
2009 January
2009 November
2010 October

In all of these that one single line which clears the notices, is set to delete once a day everything older than 24 hours.
The only explanation I can maybe offer is that it would not apply to those days where the server happened to have gone out during midnight causing the script not to run
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:08 am

then your full of it, I used to keep crap for weeks so I could watch things..

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:12 pm

I really do honestly wonder if there is not some issue out there. There are so many differences in player experiances and the admins. This, multiple display issues that still persist to this day. There has got to be a break in something somewhere. I have no explination thats for sure.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:34 pm

That's what it means.
You think wrong, something has changed.
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:57 pm

seaborgium wrote:then your full of it, I used to keep crap for weeks so I could watch things..
or you're full of it, really, why the hostility. If I say I checked my code backups for specific dates then dont go saying I'm making shit up

if someone would hazard a guess at a date where it apparently worked I could check a backup of the actual database
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:30 am

Admin wrote:
if someone would hazard a guess at a date where it apparently worked I could check a backup of the actual database

where what worked?
I am telling you this; I have played this game for 2 years now, & for 2 years my recent notices stayed on my command center page until I deleted them... that is until here recently when I made this post. I do not know how to be any more clear than that,,, sorry.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:27 am

Whats happening is Admin sees something different then us guys. Things appear deleted to him yet still showed up to us. There are several other display issues as well that show up differently to the 2 admins then to some of us. I do not feel anyone here is lieing. I think everyone here is telling the truth of what they see and experiance.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Nomad wrote:Whats happening is Admin sees something different then us guys. Things appear deleted to him yet still showed up to us. There are several other display issues as well that show up differently to the 2 admins then to some of us. I do not feel anyone here is lieing. I think everyone here is telling the truth of what they see and experiance.
Considering I do have access to a normal "player" account
and there are no "admin" accounts in the game, then I can neither understand (code-wise, because as I said, there is only one single line in the whole code that handles deleting of notices) nor have I ever experienced that happening

ok, whatever no big deal.

I'm ok with extending how long notices won't get deleted, I'm not ok with never deleting them though.
I could make it as with messages, 1 month before automatic deletion
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:29 pm

I dont think anyone minds the 48 hr deletion, its the fact it changed is all.

While you may have access to a normal player account, and access to every account in the game, it still does not stop the fact there are display issues that make it so you do or do not see something that we do or do not see from our account when accessed from our PC.

I now have a desktop PC and 2 laptops running 3 different operating systems. There are differences in displays between the three. There are differences between my displays at my PC's and the displays of real life friends and family and their PC's and that is why I feel there is a difference between what I see and you see no matter what "account" you access.

I can not explain why it is so, I just know it is so.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:01 pm

I would be in favor of changing the way the notices are deleted. Rather than having a fixed time period, I think that a maximum number of messages be set. When the maximum number is reached then the oldest message is deleted to make way for the new message. I would also like the ability to remove a selection of these events rather than the generic Delete All.

@ Nomad The differences in display will have no bearing on the data that is actually displayed as that will come from the underlying database. However as you have noted a difference in display then I think that it requires further investigation. The game should be displayed to all players in the same way irrespective of Computer, Operating System or Browser.

Since you have three devices which have different displays perhaps it would be beneficial for you to post what the actual differences are and maybe some screenshots. This would then give Admin a better idea as to what the issues are.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:27 pm

I disagree with a set number of messages before deletion. The problem that can come from that is "spammage". If you were to get massed by 5 people but so many messages were sent that many messages are deleted before ever being seen then I see that causing issues. You could miss someone changing relations with you, brokers being made, or rejected, and other alerts of use.

@ Manleva,,,

I wish I knew how to do screen shots. All the display issues are trivial in nature and I think all have been brought to light months ago in threads and discussions here in forums. Nothing changed then, so I doubt anything will change now even with screen shots.

As long as every message stays long enough to be seen 1 time no matter the time (say your away for a week or something) after that I don't really care.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down