Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airforce battle system

+2
Nomad
Admin
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Airforce battle system - Page 4 Empty Re: Airforce battle system

Post by Admin Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:00 pm

but you never noticed you were losing of all types of weapons?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Admin wrote:but you never noticed you were losing of all types of weapons?

To be completely honest, I never cared.

When in battle I look at 2 things. UU losses on both sides, and the defensive power of my opponent. Nothing else matters. I do not set down after a battle and dissect every aspect of every log checking it for correctness. I assume you do your job and its correct. As stated before. I am OCD on round numbers. If I have 1.5 mill men I either have 1.5 of the best weapons, or 1 mill best and .5 mill next best. You will NEVER see my account with 23453 of 1 weapon and 234 of another and with 1234 of another weapon without trained UU to use it. How ever many men I have is how many weapons I have. I never have more then 2 types of weapons, generally only 1 except when converting over. So yes I never would have noticed this "truth" that you knew and I did not. alien
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:45 pm

yh but when you had i.e. 1 mil best weapons and .5 mil next best, made a hit, then you would have had to get some of both to get back to past numbers again Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:57 pm

A few replies if your interested.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Admin wrote:yh but when you had i.e. 1 mil best weapons and .5 mil next best, made a hit, then you would have had to get some of both to get back to past numbers again Very Happy

Ummm,,,,,,, 1.5 mill men,,,1.5 mill weapons = 1 man and 1 weapon = that makes sense

1.5 mill men 15 mill best weapons,,,,,1 mill lowest weapons = there are Far more good weapons then bad, why would a solider lay down a best weapon to pick up a knife? if you had an equal number of men to weapons, even if you had 10 different types of weapons why would you question losses of all weapon classes? If I had enough tanks to arm my UU forces 10 times over, and saw losses of knives then Yes I would question that. BUT that was NEVER a situation I was ever in.

You can't see what I am saying at all? Makes no sense to you whatsoever?

***edit***
Wait a minute. Your saying if I have 1 mill men. 1 million best weapons, and 100 mill knives that in the battle report I will get counted for full strength of best weapons but will lose knives to best weapons at a rate of 10 knives for 1 best weapon? Because there is 10 times more knives then best?

anyway. I wish some others would talk more. I can learn as much or more from others conversations. I feel if I do not say something then no one will, but it may be best. I got most of it now, so guess I'll just wait for the rest to be released in test, and then to main and see how it goes from there since it seems I am doing more harm then good, and causing to much negativity.

Last edited by Nomad on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a line)
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:18 am

knives never went into battle, so obviously you can't lose any of them.
but you said yourself not always do you have only one weapon level. but you always have round numbers.

logical conclusion, if ever you attack or are attacked, you'll lose from both levels and will buy it back to make them round again
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:56 am

Admin wrote:knives never went into battle, so obviously you can't lose any of them.
but you said yourself not always do you have only one weapon level. but you always have round numbers.

logical conclusion, if ever you attack or are attacked, you'll lose from both levels and will buy it back to make them round again

So why is it then that lower grade munitions are fired when there are enough higher grade munitions to go around? I keep getting 2 different explanations from you (it seems to me). So I'm going to re read all this in the morning and try to figure out what I am missing that makes it appear your contradicting yourself yet again and going in circles with this convo.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:09 am

Nomad wrote:
Admin wrote:knives never went into battle, so obviously you can't lose any of them.

So why is it then that lower grade munitions are fired when there are enough higher grade munitions to go around? I keep getting 2 different explanations from you (it seems to me). So I'm going to re read all this in the morning and try to figure out what I am missing that makes it appear your contradicting yourself yet again and going in circles with this convo.

I am not sure where you are getting this conclusion from Nomad. Highest generation munitions are supposed to be used first so if you have enough to go around you should not be using lower grade munitions at all. The only time you will equip lower grade munitions are when you have less higher grade munitions than required to fully equip the aircraft or sams.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:19 pm

So we are back to confirming a bug in test?

Again, comparing it to ground forces, because as I said, it works identically:
You only send the BEST weapons with your soldiers, you still lose THE AVERAGE of ALL weapons that go into battle
If you have 5k artilleries and 5k tanks and lose 1k soldiers then you will lose 500 artilleries and 500 tanks

so keeping that in mind, the logical conclusion would be to assume that ALL units are sent on airforce missions using BEST munition available. and losing an average of all units / munition used in combat.

If I had enough high grade munitions to go around to every generation of AF unit, yet still lost lower generation munitions in battle then according to you Both Admin and Manleva we have a bug?

Right? If someone will actually clarify if this condition is a bug it would help.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4