Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass-Raiding - a common sight in AW

+10
Steveanaya
J1nx
curumo
seaborgium
Jiro
kingkongfan1
october_17
Nomad
Manleva
Kenzu
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mass-Raiding - a common sight in AW - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass-Raiding - a common sight in AW

Post by Kenzu Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:38 am

kingkongfan1 wrote: As a player of this game, it makes me wonder why an emipre is allowing such actions, (mass-raiding, or even farming/raiding) to be perpetrated on its members BY its members. also if an ally did such, then they wouldn't be my ally for long.
Also I would need to consider whether it is a active player being hit, or a 0-defense inactive being hit, My opinion 0-defense accounts are fair game for anything because they have been abandoned, & if the owner of the account should come back, then they should accept the losses & move on cause if they did not want to be hit then the player should have vacationed the account... JMO...

we are talking about players who have maybe 300.000 untrained and 500 million defense.

2 cases, they are inactive for maybe 2 weeks and thats why they have so many uu

OR

they simply raided them, but didnt think they would get mass raided and kept them out.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Mass-Raiding - a common sight in AW - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass-Raiding - a common sight in AW

Post by Manleva Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:30 am

Kenzu wrote:we are talking about players who have maybe 300.000 untrained and 500 million defense.

2 cases, they are inactive for maybe 2 weeks and thats why they have so many uu

2 weeks inactivity and they are not in vacation mode - Then they deserve to get hit

OR

they simply raided them, but didnt think they would get mass raided and kept them out.

Then simply they should have thought more

Quite simply it is not the attackers problem but the defenders. They need to learn how to play and protect their resources, It can be a hard lesson but it's one that will not be forgotten. If they are in an alliance then I would expect the alliance to be giving them some advice so that they don't put themselves at risk.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:20 pm

agreed.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Same here.

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:58 pm

pretty much settles the matter on inactive accounts, IMO, actives are another issue entirely...

kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Kenzu wrote:There have been multiple instances of mass-raiding, some against World Republic, and multiple big alliances were involved.
Namely: Imperium, Mujengan, Emperors

I bring this up to make everyone aware that mass raids are common.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to discuss this so that we can see everyone's opinions on this.

First of all, let's make clear what mass raiding is:
It is the use of hostile missions to decimate enemy defenses (usually with sabotage, an over-sab) and then repeatedly raiding to steal untrained.
The defenses destroyed can be 50 million, even 500 million, and the untrained stolen in such a mass-raid are often 100.000 or 200.000 untrained.

I would like to discuss this issue so that I know the stance of each alliance.

Thoughts on mass raiding:
I believe that players shouldn't be mass raided if the attacker is unwilling to repay all losses if the victim comes back one day.
However a player may mass raid someone, if he will provide compensation as soon as the victim starts playing again.
At the same time, there is a problem with alliances that haven't agreed to pay compensation, as there cannot be a one way guarantee.
At the same time it's obvious that there will be 3 groups of people:
Those who will never accept mass raids.
Those who accept mass raids if compensation is paid.
and those who want mass raids without any compensation involved.

We currently have this policy on mass raiding:
We treat you the way you treat us.
If you mass-raid our members, we will mass-raid your members.
If our alliances agreed on some mass-raiding rules, we will follow them.
I recommend you notify me in advance if you want to mass-raid a person so that I check how long someone has been inactive. players which were inactive for a month are unlikely to come back, but if you mass-raid player who raided loads of untrained and left them out for a day, then you basically massed an active player and will be massed back if you don't pay compensation. You wouldn't get into such trouble if you asked the guy if he is active 2 days earlier. Very Happy

A WR member has noticed that a player from Holy Cross had a lot of untrained, over 200.000 and defense and suggested raiding it.
I contacted the player and told him to train his untrained or change them into idles and also explained to him how idle units work.
The player turned out to be an active player as all of his untrained have been trained.
Show some sportmanship and tell people if they have many untrained what they should do with them. This can prevent conflicts and prevent mass-raids of actives.

Question is, what are the alliance leaders stances on this matter.
I'd like to ask each alliance:

1)is your alliance ready to pay compensation for lost untrained and damage caused if the player who has been mass raided comes back?
2)If yes, under which conditions (for example, no compensation if someone has notified the victim and the alliance leader 3 days in advance, or if someone had over 200.000 untrained)
3)Were you aware of your members doing mass-raids?
4)If you didn't know about it. What steps are you going to take?
5)If you knew about it. What steps did you take?
6)Do you think players should be allowed to do mass raids?
7)If yes, under which conditions?
8)If you supported mass raids before, why did you change your mind?

Alliance members and non-members are encouraged to contribute with their opinions too!

The time of slumber is coming to an end. The Dragon is awakening, and the fires will spread - and the followers of chaos will burn for the crimes they have committed.
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Oh crap ... Steve we will need the fire extinguisher, Ian's on fire ... Wink

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:38 pm

Why bring me into this?
Lol!
He's all yours!
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2