Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

voting/multiple game question

+3
kingkongfan1
seaborgium
Nomad
7 posters

Go down

voting/multiple game question Empty voting/multiple game question

Post by Nomad Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:43 am

OK, how does voting work for multiple games?

Do you get to vote 1 time a day for 1 of the games in the franchise? or can you vote each day in each of the games in the franchise?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

voting/multiple game question Empty Re: voting/multiple game question

Post by seaborgium Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:40 am

its 1 vote for the franchise, unless he uses other links
As the site uses IP to block multiple votes.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:49 am

as a point of interest tho, kenzu did say that several of the voting sites did reset twice a day, meaning that some sites can be voted in 2 times a day & you get resources for both times... hope this was helpful...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:09 am

That leads me to my next question.

Why?

Why not have different links on each of the 3 games so you cover more ground?

If it one game or the other, that means another game is neglected?

Just random questions guys, I don't claim to know or understand the voting system or how it works.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:20 am

interesting idea

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:13 am

You also need to factor in that a lot of the voting sites track who is voting so that only unique votes are counted.

This means that on those sites you can only vote once for one game.

ie it is not AW that is tracking the unique votes but the site collecting the votes.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by october_17 Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:45 am

kingkongfan1 wrote: as a point of interest tho, kenzu did say that several of the voting sites did reset twice a day, meaning that some sites can be voted in 2 times a day & you get resources for both times... hope this was helpful...

hey marty, how about you put theas in a diferent part of the voting page and change the button so you can click it twice daily 12 hrs appart
october_17
october_17
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 151
Alliance : world republic
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:29 am

its the voting site not him.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:35 am

kenzu looked up which ones allow 12 hour voting, and it gets considered when showing which ones you can click again

but as sea said, i dont pick which site allows 12 hour voting
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:39 am

Hands Sea a pair of Glasses Razz

He's actually suggesting that Admin restructure the Voting Page so that Sites that allow voting every 12 hours appear in their own group.

I'm not sure that it's needed because those who consistently vote will find the sites. Also Admin is only giving the reward for voting for each site once a day.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by october_17 Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 am

seaborgium wrote:its the voting site not him.

i know you dont pick em, but if you know wich ones they are you could point it out and youd get more votes
october_17
october_17
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:39 am

point taken
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by october_17 Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:43 am

im all for suporting this game, ive known you and your brother for years and i have RIDICULOUS ammounts of free time on my hands a few extra clicks is no problem, espesily when there are rewards involved Very Happy
october_17
october_17
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Manleva wrote:Hands Sea a pair of Glasses Razz

He's actually suggesting that Admin restructure the Voting Page so that Sites that allow voting every 12 hours appear in their own group.

I'm not sure that it's needed because those who consistently vote will find the sites. Also Admin is only giving the reward for voting for each site once a day.
I feel the need to point out something concerning the above statement in bold, & underlined. I voted yesterday for the first time in a long time, & I got paid resources for voting. Sometime tween 8-9pm my time it became optional for me for me to vote on a couple (4 I think) of the sites again, which I did, & got paid resources for voting that time also, but when I got up this morning to vote, I could not vote on the ones I voted on a 2nd time last night, even after 12hrs. has passed... I have a theory that is being tested now... I think none of the sites reset at the 12hr. mark, I think that some reset in the 24hr. am time frame, & some reset in the 24hr.pm time frame, & every so often, they overlap so that some of the sites can be voted on 2 times a day. & let me make this clear, I did in fact recieve resources when I voted the second time in the same day, I checked...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:32 pm

for clarification, when someoen says every 12 hours doesn't mean they mean 0 hour and 12 hour mark.
it could very well be 3 hour and 15 hour mark

only some of the voting links have their days reset at 00 midnight
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:00 pm

Admin wrote:for clarification, when someoen says every 12 hours doesn't mean they mean 0 hour and 12 hour mark.
it could very well be 3 hour and 15 hour mark

only some of the voting links have their days reset at 00 midnight

Interesting... of the 4 that I voted on twice yesterday, they must reset every 24 hours, & I just timed it out right, because 161/2 hours later, it still will not let me vote on them, I anticipate being able to vote on these around 7:30/8:00pm tonite my time, I am not complaining, just making observations...

**Edit**

5:00 my time just rolled around, & the 4 have opened up for me to vote on these sites, pretty much confirming my thoughts that at least these 4 are 24hr. resets & not 12hr. resets...

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:05 am

Nomad wrote:OK, how does voting work for multiple games?

Do you get to vote 1 time a day for 1 of the games in the franchise? or can you vote each day in each of the games in the franchise?

It has been changed, now you can vote on Main server, AND on Red Apocalypse independently.
This way you can collect bonuses two times.

If you have a changing IP address, then voting at different times will give more votes on the rankings.
Also, when checking who voted, all we look for is that you voted on at least one of the two sites.
If you have a stable IP, there can't be 2 votes anyway.

Manleva wrote:Hands Sea a pair of Glasses Razz

The rewards for 12 hours sites are given out 2 times a day if you vote 2 times a day. As soon as it looks like you haven't voted, you can vote again and you will get the reward.
The 12 hour sites restart when their server has midnight time +12 hours, but since they have different locations, the voting sites reset at different times. Checking 2-3 times a day, preferably every 12 hours is the best way to vote more.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:45 am

Now even i am getting a little confused. If I understand Kenzu's last post then all that they are wanting are votes for the Franchise so even though voting site will only record one unique vote for the franchise you can claim the reward in both Main and RA.

In addition to this, for those sites that allow 12 hr voting we can claim the rewards twice a day even though the voting page states that we only get rewarded once a day. This means that in Main the actual AT reward for voting is not the stated 54 but actually 66 (if all possible votes are cast and there are 4 12 hr sites). The Kuwal and ST rewards could also be higher than stated as well (depending on which the 12 hr sites are)

Because of this I find that I am now in agreement with October 17's suggestion that the voting pages be updated so that the 12 hr sites are identified and would also recommend that the possible reward details are updated as well
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:31 am

Well being able to collect reward only from one game is unfair towards people who play both games.

If player A plays only main
player B plays only RA
and player C plays both

Then C can never be as good A, or B with the same strategy, due to the big boost that voting gives.

If C votes on main, he will be weaker on RA than voting RA players.
If C votes on RA, he will be weaker on main than voting main players.

That's why each player should be able to collect bonuses from the games they play, no matter if they play one game or two.

Manleva wrote:Now even i am getting a little confused. If I understand Kenzu's last post then all that they are wanting are votes for the Franchise so even though voting site will only record one unique vote for the franchise you can claim the reward in both Main and RA.

In addition to this, for those sites that allow 12 hr voting we can claim the rewards twice a day even though the voting page states that we only get rewarded once a day. This means that in Main the actual AT reward for voting is not the stated 54 but actually 66 (if all possible votes are cast and there are 4 12 hr sites). The Kuwal and ST rewards could also be higher than stated as well (depending on which the 12 hr sites are)

Because of this I find that I am now in agreement with October 17's suggestion that the voting pages be updated so that the 12 hr sites are identified and would also recommend that the possible reward details are updated as well

The voting page says that some sites can be voted on every 12 hours!

Vote on all and you will get over 1 billion kuwal, 54 attack turns and 6 supply turns each day.
The more people vote each day, the more new players will join Aderan Wars.
Some sites reset every 12 hours. So visit twice a day to maximise your bonuses.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by october_17 Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:05 pm

i give up lol
october_17
october_17