Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

voting bug

+4
Mystake
Admin
Vex
crispy
8 posters

Go down

voting bug Empty voting bug

Post by crispy Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:01 pm

One of the sites on the voting page is coming up as a blank page and is not allowing me to vote. I have tried it several times, and each time it sends me to the correct page, then redirects me to a blank page. The site is BBGsite.com. Also, I'm not sure if the game is set to automatically deduct UU as a penalty for claiming rewards w/o voting, but I seem to be short at least 200k uu. This may have been a miscalculation on my part while untraining & selling UU last night, but I figure I might as well mention that too, just in case.

crispy
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

voting bug Empty Re: voting bug

Post by Vex Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:35 pm

I have noted a similar problem with the site in which I attempt to vote on the site and then it automatically forwards me to a different irrelevant page. But I also noticed this problem with this page prior to the recent update, which is why I never regularly voted on that site before, but now that it is one of the top voting sites I hope the problem is fixed, but since the problem is with the BBG site and not Aderan, I don't know what Admin can do other than select a different voting website.
Vex
Vex
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:48 pm

it works for me, however I did have a white screen for a bit until the site loaded up properly

please make sure your browser allows redirections, maybe a security setting, as you do get redirected to a totally foreign website as opposed to in-game links
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crispy Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:40 pm

I've already checked my settings. I thought it was my browser at first too, but I tried using Safari and Firefox and got the same result for both browsers. Oh well, seeing as it's something you already know about I won't worry about it. It worked yesterday so maybe it's just a sporadic issue.

crispy
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:12 am

there's a chance that website doesn't matter anyway,
not all voting pages martin posted have a trackback feature so it's just a matter of finding out which ones do and don't.

... right martin?

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 12
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:44 am

crispy wrote:One of the sites on the voting page is coming up as a blank page and is not allowing me to vote. I have tried it several times, and each time it sends me to the correct page, then redirects me to a blank page. The site is BBGsite.com. Also, I'm not sure if the game is set to automatically deduct UU as a penalty for claiming rewards w/o voting, but I seem to be short at least 200k uu. This may have been a miscalculation on my part while untraining & selling UU last night, but I figure I might as well mention that too, just in case.

It worked every single time for me. I don't know why you encounter such problem. Thanks for reporting it.

The penalty is given manually. If you think you have less uu, it must be either your impression or have another cause, but it's definitely not from voting. If you get a penalty for not voting, you will also be notified about that. (There should be a message in your inbox). If you got no message, then you received no penalty.

Vex wrote:I have noted a similar problem with the site in which I attempt to vote on the site and then it automatically forwards me to a different irrelevant page. But I also noticed this problem with this page prior to the recent update, which is why I never regularly voted on that site before, but now that it is one of the top voting sites I hope the problem is fixed, but since the problem is with the BBG site and not Aderan, I don't know what Admin can do other than select a different voting website.

You give a vote to BBG site simply by visiting it. The BBG site sees that you came from Aderan Wars page and thus adds one vote to Aderan Wars. There is no need to do anything else. (The BBG site may have longer loading times, up to 5 seconds). The voting you mention is probably voting for the game for the contest, which will redirect you to the site: http://contest.bbgsite.com
where you can vote for Aderan Wars for the best strategy contest. This is not required though.

If it redirects you somewhere else, then please give us the link to which it redirects you.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Mystake wrote:there's a chance that website doesn't matter anyway,
not all voting pages martin posted have a trackback feature so it's just a matter of finding out which ones do and don't.

... right martin?
and we tend to put the juicier rewards on those sites that either have a trackback feature and/or have a high visitor count so we want people to vote there
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Admin wrote:

... right martin?
and we tend to put the juicier rewards on those sites that either have a trackback feature and/or have a high visitor count so we want people to vote there

Actually the better rewards are decided only based on how many visitors they bring to Aderan Wars.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Admin wrote:

... right martin?

Actually the better rewards are decided only based on how many visitors they bring to Aderan Wars.

So now the question is who is correct?

Admin Martin or Kenzu?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:45 pm

This is not a bug, but it needs attention... I clicked on the link to vote on the KOSTENLOSE BROWSERGAMES site was immediately redirected to an adware/malware site trying to tell me that my computer was infected & I needed to download their whatever to get rid of it... this hasn't happened to me for about a year now, but it has happened before... this is what I worry about the most, getting some kind of virus from one of these sites, as admin has stated before that he has no control over matters such as this... I do not blame admin for these actions, but do feel that the risks are far greater than any reward gained voting, do not be offended but no matter the consequences my voting days are over sorry... Sad

**EDIT**

Let me make this clear, this was not an incident whereas I just clicked a button & it went away, this was an incident where several clicks wouldn't get rid of it, & I literally had to shut my computer down to get away as it had frozen my computer...

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mental Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Run http://www.malwarebytes.org/ free version (make sure to update once installed) just to be sure your not infected.
mental
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm

mental wrote:Run http://www.malwarebytes.org/ free version (make sure to update once installed) just to be sure your not infected.

Thanks...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:47 am

Since the voting sites part is kenzu's job, I'll say kenzu is right

ehm I really think it's something on your end
just run through that scanner, I also use it, let me know if something shows up
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:20 am

well that finally explains alot.

makes a person wonder what else is Kenzu's you don't seem to want to make public knowlege.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:34 am

Admin wrote:

first, are you saying the part above in red to me? don't know how it could be something on my end, but I'll not argue with you as I am not knowledgable enough in such matters to tell you otherwise...

secondly it apparently was just a potientally unwanted program, adware, (nothing designed to steal my id or damage my computer) as it was caught & quarantined & gotten rid of before it could do more than it had done already. have run several scans since getting rid of it & there are no signs of anything atm...

doesn't really change my mind; I have not the resources to remove viruses from my computer myself, & it costs me 100$ to get a virus removed when I get one, on my income I cannot afford to get a virus plain & simple...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:33 am

Why would you need to pay 100$ to remove a virus?

Nomad wrote:well that finally explains alot.

makes a person wonder what else is Kenzu's you don't seem to want to make public knowlege.
what does that explain exactly?
But yes sure, it's totally in line with all the talk how kenzu has access to ingame logs, special pages that give him an ingame advantage, free resources and whatnot.

Kenzu's is a bunch of things outside the game, ads for example (setting up and paying for on other sites)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:03 am

Admin wrote:Why would you need to pay 100$ to remove a virus?

not having the knowledge, experience, or equipment to remove a virus myself, I have to pay someone to "clean" the viruses off my computer. they charge me 100$ each time. you've never paid someone to do a service for you?...

I did try to clean a virus off my first computer, downloaded a "virus removal tool" to get rid of it, succeeded in doing complete irrepairable damage to the computer, salvaged all the parts I could, took a sledgehammer to the rest, & promised myself I would get someone else to work on the next one.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Never thought of that. I just have my other towers stuck in the corner. I should pull the memory out of them and use them for target practice if santa brings me what i asked for LOL.

@ Martin,,,,,
Keep in mind many of us older players did not grow up with computers. In my "computer class" we learned to make a lego shaped man wave his arm and thats about it. I hear how "easy" things are, yet no explination ever given to me is ever as "easy" as they say it is. When you are working with older computers and older systems there are little things you must do different, yet if you do not know then there is no way to ever find out.

I can dismantle a ford 300 straight six engine, completely rebuild and replace every part, and do it quickly and easily. I can tell you the "easy" way to do it. That does not mean someone who never grew up around mechanics can do it.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Nomad wrote:
I can dismantle a ford 300 straight six engine, completely rebuild and replace every part, and do it quickly and easily. I can tell you the "easy" way to do it. That does not mean someone who never grew up around mechanics can do it.

Kong can do that & the transmission both, with the rear axle thrown in to boot... thats easy, lol... Kong just aged himself.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by mental Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:27 pm

I was the sort of kid who stripped everything down and figured out how it works :/
I can build PCs & repair software issues, There's no limits now with google as a tool to guide me when I'm unsure.
Never so much as looked at an engine for more then 30 seconds Embarassed
mental
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 pm

mental wrote:I was the sort of kid who stripped everything down and figured out how it works :/
I can build PCs & repair software issues, There's no limits now with google as a tool to guide me when I'm unsure.
Never so much as looked at an engine for more then 30 seconds Embarassed

Can you fix one with windows XP that will not even open windows but gives you a warning the windows will not open to avoid damage to your system? I knew it had a bad virus, I picked it up from New Grounds but never removed it due to cost and it was just annoying but still allowed me to surf. When I went to malware bytes it locked my entire computer. It been down over 6 months I guess but I assume its still fixable?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:31 am

Nomad wrote:@ Martin,,,,,
Keep in mind many of us older players did not grow up with computers. In my "computer class" we learned to make a lego shaped man wave his arm and thats about it. I hear how "easy" things are, yet no explination ever given to me is ever as "easy" as they say it is. When you are working with older computers and older systems there are little things you must do different, yet if you do not know then there is no way to ever find out.
No no no, you misunderstood.

It's just charging 100$ for that sounds weird (and a crapton unless you're some business company and they have to be thorough), I do know that not everyone is tech savvy but mostly people "fix" that issue because chances are someone in their area IS (nephew, brother, relative, friend)

But basically what mental wrote:
There's no limits now with google as a tool to guide me when I'm unsure.
ofc there could be the issue of "what to do when my computer doesn't start" and you only have that one.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:59 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Admin wrote:

first, are you saying the part above in red to me? don't know how it could be something on my end, but I'll not argue with you as I am not knowledgable enough in such matters to tell you otherwise...

secondly it apparently was just a potientally unwanted program, adware, (nothing designed to steal my id or damage my computer) as it was caught & quarantined & gotten rid of before it could do more than it had done already. have run several scans since getting rid of it & there are no signs of anything atm...

doesn't really change my mind; I have not the resources to remove viruses from my computer myself, & it costs me 100$ to get a virus removed when I get one, on my income I cannot afford to get a virus plain & simple...

maybe because he didnt encounter such problem. I regularly vote on the kostenlose browsergames site and I haven't encountered the thing you mentioned a single time.

A firewall+antivirus program such as antivir (set to update each day and make regular system scans)+the scanner that was mentioned before should protect you against most threats. Additionally if you dont click on any ads that seem suspicious and don't go on sites that your browser warns you from visiting you should be pretty safe. If your OS gets messed up by viruses the best way might be simply to reinstall the whole thing. Yes, it takes time to do it, and you will have to install all programs again, but it will not cost you a single cent.

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Admin wrote:Why would you need to pay 100$ to remove a virus?

not having the knowledge, experience, or equipment to remove a virus myself, I have to pay someone to "clean" the viruses off my computer. they charge me 100$ each time. you've never paid someone to do a service for you?...

I did try to clean a virus off my first computer, downloaded a "virus removal tool" to get rid of it, succeeded in doing complete irrepairable damage to the computer, salvaged all the parts I could, took a sledgehammer to the rest, & promised myself I would get someone else to work on the next one.

Next time you got a problem, just ask us. I think we can solve most of your problems and it won't cost you anything.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:47 pm

Just thought you might be interested to know that this voting site...

"Xtreme top 100"
MMORPG & MPOG
Already clicked today
+500.000.000 Kuwal
+6 Attack Turns
+1 Supply Turn

**EDIT**
I got this message this morning (15/11/12) when clicking on this...

XML Parsing Error: unexpected parser state
Location: jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/omni.ja!/chrome/toolkit/content/global/netError.xhtml
Line Number 308, Column 68:
&connectionFailure.longDesc;

second from the left top row first section.

& this one...

"mmorpg top list"
MMORPG & MPOG Server
Already clicked today
+6 Attack Turns

last on the list, bottom row, first section.

have not worked all week, this means that for the last 7 days every time I click on these links I get a message that reads "Problem loading Page". I have clicked on these multiple times at different times of the day & have always gotten the same message.

**EDIT**
neither of these are working as of now, & have continued not to work since I first posted about this issue.

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content