Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wounded

+9
Special Agent 47
Manadomiel
J1nx
Jiro
Capt_Blood
seaborgium
Manleva
Kenzu
Nomad
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

wounded - Page 2 Empty Re: wounded

Post by Nomad Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:57 pm

well there was never an announcement it was made to work, and my number never decreses due to farming, so I just assumed, but I forget that in AW assuming anything is foolish.

Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by J1nx Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:10 pm

iv noticed lately that if i lose 188 attack units on an attack, then i have to train 188 attack units to regain my original number of attack units, as opposed to before when i would have to train 94 units to regain the original number = 50% of my loses are not going toward wounded anymore...

J1nx
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:23 pm

J1nx wrote:iv noticed lately that if i lose 188 attack units on an attack, then i have to train 188 attack units to regain my original number of attack units, as opposed to before when i would have to train 94 units to regain the original number = 50% of my loses are not going toward wounded anymore...
when you lose 188 you always had to retrain 188
you'll just also end up with 94 wounded which will eventually turn into healed
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:45 pm

At what rate do wounded units heal on main?

Wounded/Healed Units 45,968 429

This is after several days of having over 40k wounded units.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:30 pm

4% per day for now, every turn, rounded up.
If you have 10 wounded units, you'll get 1 healed each turn.

For every 1200 wounded units you have, you'll get 1 healed per turn.
So with your 45k you should be getting 39 healed units per turn which is around 1.8k

that's on main
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:32 pm

hope the AW2 copying hospitals come out soon to adjust these numbers somewhat.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:00 pm

no hospitals. research for advanced research center
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:52 pm

before or after AF? or undecided yet?

This is main as well correct? cuz we in the wrong area of forums
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:04 pm

Nomad wrote:before or after AF? or undecided yet?

This is main as well correct? cuz we in the wrong area of forums
yes i'm talking about main

and AF will be the next first update before anything else.
I really want it off the list just like many others want to see it finally out
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:28 am

units get wounded, they get healed and they can be trained for free. I am sure they work fine, but I will check in more detail if they heal at the expected rate.

decker wrote:I would like to request that we look into the rate at which units are healed. I currently have 34,551 wounded troops and that number never seems to do down...

So, either the game is telling me I need to not attack or ???

5% of wounded should become healed. If you have 34551 wounded, I guess that if you dont train any military units for 1 day, you should have +1700 more healed units after 24 hours.

decker wrote:Well, I'm up to 37,452 wounded so maybe we can increase the rate at which they heal?

There will be an update which will allow you to research a faster heal rate +0.1% per upgrade, starting at 5% can be upgraded to a maximum of 10% per day.
To be able to research this upgrade you will have to have research center 3

But for the healing wounded you need a hospital of course.

J1nx wrote:iv noticed lately that if i lose 188 attack units on an attack, then i have to train 188 attack units to regain my original number of attack units, as opposed to before when i would have to train 94 units to regain the original number = 50% of my loses are not going toward wounded anymore...

You always lose the same number of troops. With the update only 50% are killed, without the update all 100% would be dead. Yes, you still have to retrain 188 units, however in the long run you only pay for retrainin 50%, because the others dont die and get trained for free.

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:At what rate do wounded units heal on main?

Wounded/Healed Units 45,968 429

This is after several days of having over 40k wounded units.

5%, but if you always farm the same, with similar losses then in the long run the number of wounded will be the same.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by decker Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:37 am

Please bump up the percentage of wounded healed. I have 69,142 wounded troops now. Really quite lame to see them all sitting there... I mean come on the game would have to run for another 3 months and I never make another attack and I still don't think all of those would be healed up.

decker
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:34 pm

decker wrote:Please bump up the percentage of wounded healed. I have 69,142 wounded troops now. Really quite lame to see them all sitting there... I mean come on the game would have to run for another 3 months and I never make another attack and I still don't think all of those would be healed up.

maybe thats the whole point?
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by decker Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:01 am

kingkongfan1 wrote:
decker wrote:Please bump up the percentage of wounded healed. I have 69,142 wounded troops now. Really quite lame to see them all sitting there... I mean come on the game would have to run for another 3 months and I never make another attack and I still don't think all of those would be healed up.

Why would that be the point? If that is the case it seems to be a penalty towards those who actually try to have a different strategy then those who focus on massive defense/economy.

/shrug

-d

decker
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Even with 50% healrate per day, you would never heal all units.

With the current 5% healrate, after 10 days you have healed 40% of all wounded you had before. That's not little.
People don't get wounded so that you can have them ready the next day, but they get wounded so that you can rebuild faster after being massed and make a counter attack, and if you are the one massing, that you can also rebuild faster to keep massing for longer.

decker wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:

Why would that be the point? If that is the case it seems to be a penalty towards those who actually try to have a different strategy then those who focus on massive defense/economy.

/shrug

-d

It's not a penalty, but a bonus.
Imagine what it would be like without the wounded update.

All your units would be dead, not a single wounded, which means you would never get a single healed unit.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:31 pm

decker wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:

/shrug

-d

ding, ding, ding, ding, ding,
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:49 pm

So what does massive defense and economy mean?

Defense = a lot of defenders to protect against farming + a lot of spies and special forces to protect defenders from getting massed
Economy = a lot of income units.

In other words massive defense and economy means that you have a lot of all types of units, except attackers.

Without a "massive economy" you can't be strong anyway.
Without proper defense you will be farmed.
If your defense will be too big, then others, who have a stronger economy will grow faster than you.
Which means everyone should have a massive economy and a proper defense.

The only difference we talk about is if you need also a big attack force or not. I say you need it, and they need to have a good technology too, so that you don't lose more than 200 units when farming people for 350-400 million kuwal.

Decker I dont see your point.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:59 pm

Kenzu wrote:Even with 50% healrate per day, you would never heal all units.

With the current 5% healrate, after 10 days you have healed 40% of all wounded you had before. That's not little.
People don't get wounded so that you can have them ready the next day, but they get wounded so that you can rebuild faster after being massed and make a counter attack, and if you are the one massing, that you can also rebuild faster to keep massing for longer.

Kenzu has a point, it is free units you didn't / wouldn't of had before. Period. To boot its a known to be coming update where you can increase that rate at some point in time, just like the hospital cut your deathrate in half (or by what ever the amount is/was).

Now @ Kenzu, where your wrong is you CAN heal all units no matter if the rate is 1% or 50% if given enough time. This is due to a rounding issue where when you get down to 1 man it doesnt heal 1/2 a man, or 1/4 a man but the entire man. Also if it takes you 10 days to counterstrike, well I can't see that having been much of a fight, but to each his own I guess.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:Even with 50% healrate per day, you would never heal all units.

Kenzu has a point, it is free units you didn't / wouldn't of had before. Period. To boot its a known to be coming update where you can increase that rate at some point in time, just like the hospital cut your deathrate in half (or by what ever the amount is/was).

Now @ Kenzu, where your wrong is you CAN heal all units no matter if the rate is 1% or 50% if given enough time. This is due to a rounding issue where when you get down to 1 man it doesnt heal 1/2 a man, or 1/4 a man but the entire man. Also if it takes you 10 days to counterstrike, well I can't see that having been much of a fight, but to each his own I guess.

Wars can last weeks or even months. If 2 alliances engage in a war, and a player has enough economic production to fund an intense war for say 7 days, then the healed troops that come in the meantime will help him to fight longer, or harder. (30% of wounded get healed within 7 days)

About the healing speed. You are right, even with little wounded, you will always heal 1 unit per turn. When I said you will never heal all units, it's because it will take you longer than the length of the game. For obvious reasons I treat a heal rate of 1 unit per turn as a zero heal rate, afterall such a healing speed is negligible if I have over 10.000 unit production.

After a long time, you can heal all of them. But considering the length of a Red Apocalypse round (90 days) you won't heal them all. Because once you have 960 wounded, you will heal only 48 per day.

If you have 100.000 wounded on day 0, this is how many you will have on later days:
77,378 (day 5)
69,834 (day 7)
59,874 (day 10)
48,767 (day 14)
35,849 (day 20)
21,464 (day 30)
4,607 (day 60)
939 (day 91) (at this point you heal with the slowest rate: 1 per turn)
27 (day 110)
0 (day 111) (all healed)

Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:45 pm

this is due to be a non reset game next round, or atleast thats what you said till yesterday or today. Personally I'm getting sick of the indecision, and you changing things on your own personal whim, but its your game, and you got to make it so you can play it after all.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:56 pm

Nomad wrote:this is due to be a non reset game next round, or atleast thats what you said till yesterday or today. Personally I'm getting sick of the indecision, and you changing things on your own personal whim, but its your game, and you got to make it so you can play it after all.

Please tell me where you have seen such thing. A link would be helpful.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:58 pm

so just like the wiki you have changed all your posts?

we shall see wont we

Still think its funny admin says the opposite of you, atleast in chat anyway, but luckily I'm not the only one to see the chat
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by decker Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:26 am

Well, I'm up to 110,329 wounded. Guess I'm gonna go with the usual template of defense/econ.

decker
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:55 pm

how can that be if I have had 80K wounded from only farming and never massed anyone in my time here? and I go weeks at a time without even farming?

And I love this quote Kenzu, it explains AW2 perfectly

wars are rarely good for keeping a good rank.The fastest growth strategy is a strong economy and active farming and raiding and making sure not to be involved in such wars.

If you want rank, if you want in the "hall of fame" then dont fight, just stat build.

And the wiki clearly stated at one point in time that AW2 would run 1 round and then become a resetable. Thats why I asked why you didnt just do a beta and launch like every other game.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:16 pm

Nomad wrote:how can that be if I have had 80K wounded from only farming and never massed anyone in my time here? and I go weeks at a time without even farming?

And I love this quote Kenzu, it explains AW2 perfectly

wars are rarely good for keeping a good rank.The fastest growth strategy is a strong economy and active farming and raiding and making sure not to be involved in such wars.

If you want rank, if you want in the "hall of fame" then dont fight, just stat build.

And the wiki clearly stated at one point in time that AW2 would run 1 round and then become a resetable. Thats why I asked why you didnt just do a beta and launch like every other game.

Maybe what you are talking about is where it said that after a test phase or a test round the game will start as a reseting game.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:18 pm

non rest, not resetting
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum