Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question?

+3
Nomad
Kenzu
kingkongfan1
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question? Empty Question?

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Kenzu wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote: so when I log in tomorrow on my reset account, & find a game that I know nothing about, have no desire to play, do I, A) vacation my account for the duration of the round, as I have no desire or inclination to play Red Apocolypse. or B) Delete my account as I do not want my inactive account to be used as somebodies farm/raid. if I do delete the account how will it affect my ability to play the as yet unnamed reset game that just ended a few days ago that is supposed to start round #2 in 3 months? please be very clear, cause if I get a confusing answer I will just Quit playing all reset games...

You should go on vacation.

If you delete your account on AW2, then you will not be able to play the server which ended a couple days ago. Your account will be lost forever.
And you will have to register again with a new ID on reset server, and you won't have SS on reset either, because you will have a new ID.

As far as I know you could theoretically ask admin to recover your account, by copying the accounts details from main to reset server, but if you have deleted your account, I am not sure he will want to do that, because you will be giving him additional work for something you are responsible for.

this was a response I got on a seperate thread, not wanting to spam that thread I decided to post this here, if it is the wrong place, then please feel free to move it, anyway I had the following Question about part of Kenzu's answer...

What good is it to have SS on reset? you cannot trade with anyone, just the market. so as far as I am concerned, it does not matter whether I have SS on reset or not. Am I wrong or right?...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Question? Empty Re: Question?

Post by Kenzu Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:10 pm

1) Just because you couldn't trade with other players in the last round doesnt mean that you will never be able to trade.

2) Even if you cant trade with others, you can still trade on the galactic market.
And if you place your bids you can even pm people that you placed a bid to buy your things, so trading as such is still possible and I myself used it on last round of reset. I must admit though that I didn't have as many trading opportunities as I have on main.

On main I make a couple trades each day, however on reset I got some trades only once in a couple days. Obviously this was due to reset having less active players than main.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:18 am

Kenzu wrote:1) Just because you couldn't trade with other players in the last round doesnt mean that you will never be able to trade.

2) Even if you cant trade with others, you can still trade on the galactic market.
And if you place your bids you can even pm people that you placed a bid to buy your things, so trading as such is still possible and I myself used it on last round of reset. I must admit though that I didn't have as many trading opportunities as I have on main.

On main I make a couple trades each day, however on reset I got some trades only once in a couple days. Obviously this was due to reset having less active players than main.

1, hes correct here Kong, thats the beauty of reset games, you may have dragons and zombies and gambling house, you never know what reset holds

2. I thought you had the GM weather you had SS or not? if you do your response was pointless Kenzu, as the question was based on SS, not trading with or without it.

yes the player base is much smaller on the multiple side games, as it should be, guess thats why you have to bribe players to play it, but whats killing the interest more then anything is the poor quality of information in FORESIGHT, and the abundance of confusion because you can't call 2 seperate games by their actual names
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:20 am

@ Kong - If you have decided not to play AWII then why are you going to log on to that server?
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:26 am

Manleva wrote:@ Kong - If you have decided not to play AWII then why are you going to log on to that server?

to vacation my account, if you noticed on the first round of the reset, players that didn't play, you could still raid/steal units/slaves off their accounts, do not want my account used in that manner.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:04 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Manleva wrote:@ Kong - If you have decided not to play AWII then why are you going to log on to that server?

to vacation my account, if you noticed on the first round of the reset, players that didn't play, you could still raid/steal units/slaves off their accounts, do not want my account used in that manner.

if you never logged in at all, the account stayed at 0, it only build income and UU if you logged in 1 time and never again. Thats why alot of us have asked for the 0 stat inactives to be removed from the attack pages. It was rather foolish to have 95 out of 99 pages with completely useless accounts with 0 stats.

so just never log in and the account will stay at 0 on everything.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:1) Just because you couldn't trade with other players in the last round doesnt mean that you will never be able to trade.

1, hes correct here Kong, thats the beauty of reset games, you may have dragons and zombies and gambling house, you never know what reset holds

2. I thought you had the GM weather you had SS or not? if you do your response was pointless Kenzu, as the question was based on SS, not trading with or without it.

yes the player base is much smaller on the multiple side games, as it should be, guess thats why you have to bribe players to play it, but whats killing the interest more then anything is the poor quality of information in FORESIGHT, and the abundance of confusion because you can't call 2 seperate games by their actual names

People without SS cannot trade on Galactic Market.

Actually they have 2 different names: The Beginning and Red Apocalypse

You will have 1 full day of foresight, where you can log in and explore the game in a test phase until it resets and the round starts.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:14 pm

stop repeating the same crap in multiple threads

go to the last place you said this same thing to get my reply

if you can't use GM in reset without SS then non SS players will never play them, I think you need to adjust that as it will be a game killer in the end, and helps explain why the reset playerbase was so low.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:03 pm

What you just said makes no sense.

People cannot use GM without SS at all.
Not on reset, not on main.

Who has said that people can use GM on main without SS?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:15 pm

Spoiler:

sorry to disappoint you, but Kenzu has already stated that people that do not log in & activate their accounts will become farms/raids. I do not want my account used in that manner so I will just vacation it...

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Kenzu wrote:What you just said makes no sense.

Kenzu, I think that you missed Nomads point here totally. He was not saying that people can use the GM anywhere without but rather that restricting the GM in reset to only those who have SS may be one of the major reasons those without SS will not play the reset games.

As a player without SS I find that there is not really a major disadvantage on the Main Server. However the same cannot be said of the Reset Servers because of the short time period involved. Trading ability on a short term basis gives an overwhelming advantage that those without SS will never be able to overcome.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:47 pm

Manleva wrote:
Kenzu wrote:What you just said makes no sense.

Kenzu, I think that you missed Nomads point here totally. He was not saying that people can use the GM anywhere without but rather that restricting the GM in reset to only those who have SS may be one of the major reasons those without SS will not play the reset games.

As a player without SS I find that there is not really a major disadvantage on the Main Server. However the same cannot be said of the Reset Servers because of the short time period involved. Trading ability on a short term basis gives an overwhelming advantage that those without SS will never be able to overcome.

Thank you Manleva.

Another point the administration may want to consider is the fact that people who do not want to play main, but might want to play reset or AWII will be FORCED to open a main account, and then buy SS packs through the main account to get it in the other 2 games. Do you not find that rather foolish?

I mean SGW main and Q(reset) are both very active, but alot of main players do not like Q and many Q players do not like main. Forcing them to play one to play the other may not be a real good idea.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:35 pm

they won't be forced to open a main account, it will be opened for them.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:35 pm

There is a simple option that could address this issue and that would be to change the registration process somewhat.

You could have a registration page where you register to play AW. This page would be where you manage your Global Account Profile for the things that should apply to all of the games such as password resetting, email address changes, SS donations, Vacation Mode, etc.

Once registered you would then create a player account on whatever game you wished to play. This would mean that you would only see the player accounts of those who have chosen to play in each game.

For the reset games achievements would be tied to the registration and at the beginning of each round a new player account would have to be created. This would also make reset easier on Admin because once the achievements of each player have been processed the database only needs to be cleared before the next round begins. Any game changes between rounds would therefore essentially be applied to an empty database.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:49 pm

seaborgium wrote:they won't be forced to open a main account, it will be opened for them.

opening is more in reference to having to go to the game, log in, and use the market features from main to accomplish a goal in reset, not registering, but yes you make a good point.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:26 am

Manleva wrote:There is a simple option that could address this issue and that would be to change the registration process somewhat.

You could have a registration page where you register to play AW. This page would be where you manage your Global Account Profile for the things that should apply to all of the games such as password resetting, email address changes, SS donations, Vacation Mode, etc.

Once registered you would then create a player account on whatever game you wished to play. This would mean that you would only see the player accounts of those who have chosen to play in each game.

For the reset games achievements would be tied to the registration and at the beginning of each round a new player account would have to be created. This would also make reset easier on Admin because once the achievements of each player have been processed the database only needs to be cleared before the next round begins. Any game changes between rounds would therefore essentially be applied to an empty database.

I don't see a point in this.

The only reason why this would be helpful is only to a handful of people who don't want to be registered on both games, but it will create more hassle for all players, because they will have to chose which server they want to play and additional hassle to people who want to play 2 servers.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:19 am

Kenzu wrote:

The only reason why this would be helpful is only to a handful of people who don't want to be registered on both games, but it will create more hassle for all players, because they will have to chose which server they want to play and additional hassle to people who want to play 2 servers.

The point is to allow one centeral place for new players to register and to then select which games they want to play.
Existing players would also only need to go to one place to update information that would apply to all games and also have a centeral place to enter vacation mode.

Once registered I would expect players to be able to go directly to whichever game they are currently playing and be able to set up a new player account on any game at any time.

Currently with two games in progress you need to access both games to go on Vacation Mode which is inconvenient.
Also as seen in the last reset round all new registrations appeared automatically in both games which saw a reset battlefield where over 90% of the pages were inactive players
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:27 am

Good points Manleva.

I assume Kenzu wants everyone to have to go through main to play the other games and to buy SS packs to attempt to make it look more active then it really is, I mean its a smart business move, if it doesnt cost you more then it gains you.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:45 am

Nomad wrote:Good points Manleva.

I assume Kenzu wants everyone to have to go through main to play the other games and to buy SS packs to attempt to make it look more active then it really is, I mean its a smart business move, if it doesnt cost you more then it gains you.

No, it wouldn't help, because this way the person would not be logging in each day, but only logged in once.

Manleva wrote:
Kenzu wrote:

The point is to allow one centeral place for new players to register and to then select which games they want to play.
Existing players would also only need to go to one place to update information that would apply to all games and also have a centeral place to enter vacation mode.

Once registered I would expect players to be able to go directly to whichever game they are currently playing and be able to set up a new player account on any game at any time.

Currently with two games in progress you need to access both games to go on Vacation Mode which is inconvenient.
Also as seen in the last reset round all new registrations appeared automatically in both games which saw a reset battlefield where over 90% of the pages were inactive players

I somehow do like the centralised system. Let's forget the setting up of accounts separately, if we look only at settings, having one place for global settings wouldn't be a bad idea.
For example if you want to change your password, you change it and it changes on all servers.

However there is a problem if someone sold his account to someone else, but sold only main account for example and uses reset server. This way 2 people share one ID.
It can lead to some complications.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:54 am

Thats exactly why each game should be seperate, not all tied together and all using the same ID#s

Atleast in my opinion.

I don't get why your forcing account creations, and forcing the ties that bind. I mean if i wanted to give my Aderan Wars Reset account to someone else who likes that type of game, while I hated it and stopped playing then why not allow it?

I assume you guys have a reason so only thing I would ask is that vaction modes remain inplace even between reset relaunches. Don't make players have to log in every wave just to vacate please.

Oh, and another point you will see soon enough, is with same ID#s and such, there will be cross server wars, and that will draw a line between player groups, those strong in Main might have enemies strong in AWII and because of that neither can, nor will be allowed to play in the other game without pursicution.

in effect, if i want a Main account, a Aderan Wars Reset account, and a AWII account, and want them all seperated by ID# I have to have 9 accounts to do so.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:15 am

I will make an assumption here that behind all of the code is a SQL database, if not there is a database of some kind anyway.

Centeral Global data would be stored in 1 Table with game account data stored in separate Tables for each game.

It's that database that holds the information about the linking between the game account data and the centeral account data and there is no need for players to have the same ID on each game. All that is required really is a table that holds the details of the accounts.

Registered ID - Game 1 ID - Game 2 ID ..................
......100...............7 ...............25

(Ignore the dots between the numbers as they are just there to help align the numbers)

Registered player 100 therefore has ID 7 in Game 1 and ID 25 in Game 2, 101 has ID 15 in Game 1 and is not playing Game 2 while 102 is not playing Game 1 but has ID 23 in Game 2

Player 100 can sell his Game 1 ID to 102 and his Game 2 ID to 101.
Simply put when a game ID is sold then the Table is updated and the ID moved to the the purchaser.

To make things easier you would not allow the sale of Reset Game Accounts as you would not want people buying a win without working for it. Also it would be rather silly to pay for something that would have no value in the near future.

Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Or ya could just use the same ID for all of the games with a 1 or 0 saying if they are playing or not. So at each reset the value is set to 0, if they login it gets set to 1.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Not a bad idea Sea, but I hope we ca get different ID#'s to stop unwanted cross server wars. I mean with identical ID#'s if you mass me in AWII where you are stronger then me, I may get mad and mass you in Main where I might be stronger then you.

Reset is the main point in this as main and AWII will be non resetables(in the end). Reset should carry no lasting issues, but with identical ID#s an active reset player may get persicuted in main for his reset actions.

And PLEASE, no more 95 pages of "seen" 0 stat accounts.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietMan Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:20 pm

i like the idea of Centralized account settings and so on. Like many private servers of WoW and other games, they often have so called "web accounts" and "game accounts" seperated. you login into the web account and the control panel would allow you to make many accounts, for reasons unknown.
The registration process would need to be changed so that you choose what games to register in when you make the global account.
also, NO 0 stat accounts! >_<

SovietMan
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : Mujengan_(TOC)
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:58 pm

Nomad wrote:Not a bad idea Sea, but I hope we ca get different ID#'s to stop unwanted cross server wars. I mean with identical ID#'s if you mass me in AWII where you are stronger then me, I may get mad and mass you in Main where I might be stronger then you.

Reset is the main point in this as main and AWII will be non resetables(in the end). Reset should carry no lasting issues, but with identical ID#s an active reset player may get persicuted in main for his reset actions.
first round of reset i had technical issues but AW 2 will now include an option to change ID and so will reset.
on reset you'll have a "first login" screen on each round, so each round you can change your ID
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next