Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extradtion Treaty

+5
Admin
seaborgium
ian
Kenzu
Lord Ishurue
9 posters

Go down

Extradtion Treaty Empty Extradtion Treaty

Post by Lord Ishurue Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:19 pm

Extradition Treaty

Farming
A. All Farming Breeches/** unprofitable farms will be fully compensated ( UUs, weapons, training cost, and kuwal stolen ) Plus a Fine .

B. In the event a side feels a farmer is making excessive breeches , A side may request to discuss further punishment . ( Sanctions for the suspected player , Excessive Breech Fine, approved use of Military Force, ETC )

C . Excessive Profitable Farming can be handled by a case by case basis .

Assassination & Sabotage
A. Honesty System . TOC & TIE will be honest with one another .

Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Extradtion Treaty Empty Re: Extradtion Treaty

Post by Kenzu Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Farming
A) I agree
B) Why is a need for punishment necessary, if they always pay the compensation and fine?
C) No

Assassination & Sabotage
A) I agree, but we should also agree to work out other methods IF the honesty system doesnt bring adequate results.

PS: This treaty must remain a separate thread, since it's a separate treaty.

Last edited by Kenzu on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:18 am

Kenzu wrote:Farming
A) I agree
B) Why is a need for punishment necessary, if they always pay the compensation and fine?
C) No

Assassination & Sabotage
A) I agree, but we should also agree to work out other methos IF the honesty system doesnt bring adequate results.

So your telling me someone repeatedly hitting others unacceptably and then compensating is fine?

1.) What about all the time the alliance leader/members of the victims alliance will waste having to work out the compensation and damage due for each illegal hit

2.) What about the lost revenue the victims suffers in between the unacceptable attacks and compensation, and the disruption caused?

As for the honesty system - thats as much as your getting.

If your paranoid enough to suspect TIE to be responsible... thats not our responsibility. There are now several other alliances each with players with the capacity to sabb/assassinate T.O.C, so if sabbing/assassinating happens.... TIE is merely one of several alliance suspects, and our players merely among at least several dozen able to do so.

We won't be singled out or treated any differently to anyone else....
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:27 am

Sabs Ian

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:47 pm

ian wrote:
Kenzu wrote:Farming
A) I agree
C) No

Assassination & Sabotage
A) I agree, but we should also agree to work out other methos IF the honesty system doesnt bring adequate results.

So your telling me someone repeatedly hitting others unacceptably and then compensating is fine?

1.) What about all the time the alliance leader/members of the victims alliance will waste having to work out the compensation and damage due for each illegal hit

2.) What about the lost revenue the victims suffers in between the unacceptable attacks and compensation, and the disruption caused?

As for the honesty system - thats as much as your getting.

If your paranoid enough to suspect TIE to be responsible... thats not our responsibility. There are now several other alliances each with players with the capacity to sabb/assassinate T.O.C, so if sabbing/assassinating happens.... TIE is merely one of several alliance suspects, and our players merely among at least several dozen able to do so.

We won't be singled out or treated any differently to anyone else....

I am pretty sure that the majority of people would LOVE to be farmed constantly in farming breaches and then receive 130% of what they lost each single time.

Why would anyone be against gaining more than what he lost. Don't forget that the 30% fine is more than enough to cover lost interest.

Of course if someone doesn't pay in a timely manner, it's fair to use other means of punishment.

Then again I don't believe these breaches will happen to often, because no one who has a brain would ever try to make multiple farming breaches, because the only one it would hurt would be the attacker.

Imagine someone steal 2 billion, has 1.5 billion losses, and then has to pay a compensation + fine equal to 2.6 billion.
So the attacker lost a total of 4.1 billion and the defender gained 0.6 billion.

Therefore I dont think this will be an issue.

That's why I think it's not necessary to add point B and point C to the extradition treaty.

However, point B merely states that further punishment can be discussed. Why adding this point if we can discuss further punishment anyway.
It's not necessary.

Point C on the other hand brings the whole thing into a dubious light. What is meant by "case by case"? Does it mean that someone who breaches it more often but has more political/military power will be spared and someone who has no allies will be massed because he can't defend himself? To me it sounds like a clause that reserves the right to treat people who do similiar farming breaches differently. This is against the idea of equality, which is so important to World Republic.

I say, a side can always discuss any breach with other alliances, and can also discuss further punishment, no matter what. There is no need to add it to the extradition treaty. At the same time it should be made clear, that a request alone, to punish someone more if he always paid compensations and fines in a timely manner, is not enough for a punishment to be allowed.

Why have points B and C been suggested at all? What purpose are they supposed to serve?

--------------------------------------
Suspecting TIE is not relevant to this discussion at all.
The only thing that's relevant are the problems that I have exposed for the Honesty System.
The points which you make support the view which I present, namely you saying that there are more alliances capable of striking an alliance, not just one, this further supports the view that a foolproof system will be required to find out who is innocent and who is guilty.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:00 pm

To have it documented what will happen.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Lol.

Compensation = Not an exception to the new trading rules.

This means compensation = liable to be illegal.... which means our method (compensation + 30% fine) for dealing with farming breaches = useless.

Therefore the only options now regarding farming breaches:

1.) Ignore them
2.) Punish them via military force (i.e. partial sabbing, complete massing, assassinating, defence neutralisation, strike neutralisation or whatever)

I guess that what you call a default win when it comes to arguing in favour of a clause to allow military force - since now the only way to actively enforce a breach against a problem farmer is via military force (unless you want to run the risk of getting banned for illegal activity).
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Ouch bounce

Thank you admin for helping solve this.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:23 pm

or you guys wait until the end of the weekend how the development of the new system goes on
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Admin wrote:or you guys wait until the end of the weekend how the development of the new system goes on

OK

I believe we can come to a reasonable and legal solution.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 pm

Kenzu wrote:this further supports the view that a foolproof system will be required to find out who is innocent and who is guilty.

First off its called a covert attack for a reason.

Second off there is NO full proof system to find out who is innocent and who is guilty.

Lastly, Do you really want that? I mean why not just ask for the button to be removed?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt_Blood Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:42 am

Nomad wrote:Lastly, Do you really want that? I mean why not just ask for the button to be removed?

Now we all know that they aren't going to ask for that because they wouldn't be able to carry out their cowardly attacks Razz
Capt_Blood
Capt_Blood
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Alliance : The Legion of Blood
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:01 am

Capt_Blood wrote:
Nomad wrote:Lastly, Do you really want that? I mean why not just ask for the button to be removed?

Now we all know that they aren't going to ask for that because they wouldn't be able to carry out their cowardly attacks Razz

Since when is a covert attack an attack of cowardice?

isnt it a game mechanic? isnt it there for a reason? You think that if its "???" are removed it won't be used?

I bet as long as it is the cheapest, most profitable, and most efficent way to make a kill it will still be used.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt_Blood Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:53 am

Nomad wrote:
Capt_Blood wrote:

Since when is a covert attack an attack of cowardice?

isnt it a game mechanic? isnt it there for a reason? You think that if its "???" are removed it won't be used?

I bet as long as it is the cheapest, most profitable, and most efficent way to make a kill it will still be used.

It appears you haven't been visited by any assassins recently. Surprised

If you cannot see who made the assassination attack then the message you receive advises of a cowardly attack.
Sorry but I can't remember the exact wording. I'm sure that if you were to ask Admin he would tell you or alternatively you could ask nicely for someone to send a few assassins your way affraid
Capt_Blood
Capt_Blood
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Alliance : The Legion of Blood
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:11 am

While you're correct and it's an underhanded tactic I would suggest to you to set up your account to not make it worth assassinating it Wink Simple math and it's easy to do so Wink

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:52 pm

Since when do Sabs kill? I thought they destroyed weps..
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:11 am

Capt_Blood wrote:
It appears you haven't been visited by any assassins recently. Surprised

Actually no, that was one of the first things I did with my account and it has served me well. to me its more important then defense LOL
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down