Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UP Reduced??????

+9
seaborgium
flwpwr
melonhead
damgood
adrian
Vesper
Admin
r1maru
Kingofshinobis1
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

UP Reduced?????? - Page 4 Empty Re: UP Reduced??????

Post by r1maru Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am

Jiro wrote:Funny, I think the main point here is that adrian and damgood have is that they find it insulting that you don't believe they did not notice the bug.
Given that it is a reset server and things work differently, I do not find it hard to accept they id not notice the lack of losses from the second stage of a destruction mission.
Is it so hard to accept that? I think they would have been able to live with a 12-hour ban, just to discourage people to not pay attention if you'd accepted their protestations of innocence.

Alleluia

Finally someone smart and with common sense

Thank you Jiro for proving to me that it's not our fault in explaining, but admin's fault in understanding (*hardheaded admin*)

r1maru
r1maru
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Finally jiro posted part of the point something I've been waiting you three to do all this time.
I just need to wait until you three get it, confirm it, make the correct post and problem solved.

Hint, it's in the last sentence of his post, middle part.

Once this message is through I see no reason not returning adrian the turns spent
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by r1maru Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:23 pm

what Jiro said is what i was "trying" to say with this

flwpwr wrote:we quit because this "it is impossible not to notice the bug, you did and you used it intentionally" instead of "sorry, you used a bug, with or without your knowledge, you must be penalized"

and is what damgood and adrian tried to say in other posts

i speak for all 3 of us when i say that it was never about the ban, it was about the fixed idea that you guys were saying that we must have had noticed the bug but we did not stopped attacking

that's all... and it is not possible for any turns to be returned

PS: sorry for avoiding the ban again, i can't help it

r1maru
r1maru
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:54 pm

flwpwr wrote:we quit because this "it is impossible not to notice the bug, you did and you used it intentionally" instead of "sorry, you used a bug, with or without your knowledge, you must be penalized"

Jiro wrote: I think they would have been able to live with a 12-hour ban, just to discourage people to not pay attention if you'd accepted their protestations of innocence.
Admin wrote:Hint, it's in the last sentence of his post, middle part.

r1maru wrote:i speak for all 3 of us when i say that it was never about the ban, it was about the fixed idea that you guys were saying that we must have had noticed the bug but we did not stopped attacking
I speak for myself when I say it has never been about the fixed idea that you must have noticed the bug.
Not a single time ever have I given out a punishment with the intent to make the person be unable to play, it's always making sure things like that dont happen again.

About avoiding the ban, i could simply delete everything you post but i'm still hoping that you'll get it eventually.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesper Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:16 pm

Vesper wrote:I am starting to even wonder what you are arguing about now. Are the 3 of you arguing over me getting my units back? Adrian getting a small 12 hour ban? That you didn't notice the bug until after the fact?

This was the question the admin wanted to ask and none of you answered it. Jiro came in and took a wild guess at what in the world was causing the drama. He says something you like and you finally told admin what was bothering you. Took 6 pages.

@Adrian. I had to create my own formula sheet to figure out the loses people will have when massing. I highly doubt admin ever took the hours it would take to make up such a script. I spent about a month off and on creating my formulas and I still never got around to doing destruction on it since its not used as often as assault and other hits. Admin isnt jerking your chain or anything when he says it would take him hours to simulate your attacks, also if he was to simulate your attacks how many should he do? You would be losing more then me every hit, so each hit is less and less profitable so by attack 10 or so you will be at maybe 1mil strike and I would still be around 5mil. By attack 14 I dont even think you do any damage.
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by r1maru Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Vesper wrote:This was the question the admin wanted to ask and none of you answered it. Jiro came in and took a wild guess at what in the world was causing the drama. He says something you like and you finally told admin what was bothering you. Took 6 pages.

you must have read only what you wanted from those 6 pages

one more example is the msn convo posted by me... do you know what was it's purpose? to show that we massed you at a certain time, and realized that it was a bug an hour later, after admin posted

anyway it doesn't matter anymore... the 3 of us deleted yesterday

don't you think this topis should be closed?

yeah... i'd close it

PS: and btw, it did not seem to me that Jiro took a wild guess
you think this for the same reason i wrote above: "you must have read only what you wanted from those 6 pages"
r1maru
r1maru
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:26 pm

Well I never would have realised it was a bug myself. I know nothing about the mechanics of the game, and as a player I dont really think I should be expected to. I would be very angry if I lost half my turns because I didnt realize I was the unwittting pawn of a programming bug, not like they programed the thing.

Zar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Zar how many of these types of games have you played?

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:47 pm

One previously, but it seemed to have a randomness about it where no matter how hard ya tried you could never really know everything about the mechanics of it.

Zar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:38 am

ok then what you said make sense, but anyone who has played these type of games, knows to check things that are happening to make sure that it is still in there favor.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:18 am

Zar wrote:One previously, but it seemed to have a randomness about it where no matter how hard ya tried you could never really know everything about the mechanics of it.
trust me, there's A LOT of factors I try to consider when dealing with these things Smile

I wont delete your account just because you did something a new player could have missed out without even thinking
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:17 pm

r1maru wrote:let me tell you all what's the truth here

vesper was massed because he farmed me last night four times

adrian doesn't have the covert capacity to scout vesper, so i was the eye here

when we started massing, i was spying vesper regularly

i was like: he is down to 8mil... now hes down to 7 mil.... keep attacking.......

we were all excited he's going down that we did not realized stuff like "wait we are loosing too little, could it be a bug?"

no, this happened after we posted the results on forum, and vesper pointed the problem

in my msn convo, that i have it opened since more than 5 hours, you can see clearly when was the exact time we figured out it's a problem

and that's the same time vesper did

ofcourse i am not going to show the convo, because i don't think i have to prove anything

like in court, you don't have enough evidence, you don't prosecute the guy

there's no proof here, just some people thinking that it's impossible not to notice something

anyway, don't matter anymore

i quit playing aderan, main and reset

i wish those that knew me to have fun, that is the most important thing, have fun anyway you feel like it, speak your minds, do stuff

but remember it's a game, and games in virtual spaces should not take over our lifes, so don't forget to also take break, go to a picnic with your loved ones

otherwise you might realize it's been years in which, even if you were in the same house with your family, you were not close to them

things like this you can't take back, and no admin can give them back to you

cheers,
r1maru

I read the message and still didnt get what the problem was.

So what was the problem?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by r1maru Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:03 am

Kenzu wrote:I read the message and still didnt get what the problem was.

So what was the problem?

why do you ask? you miss me or what? Razz Very Happy
r1maru
r1maru
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum