Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion

+9
melonhead
J1nx
Admin
Zar
kingkongfan1
Nomad
Manleva
damgood
Kingofshinobis1
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: General Discussion

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:38 am

melonhead wrote:Un-training costs

Attack Soldiers 5,000 Kuwal
Defense Soldiers 5,000 Kuwal
Spies 7,500 Kuwal
Assassins 7,500 Kuwal

where do you pay less then that per uu?

I don't think you are understanding, I would rather NOT have the extra randomly placed units that I have to pay 5,000 per to UNTRAIN... 5,432 attack soldiers at 5,000 per = 27,160,000/ 6,056 defense soldiers at 5,000 per = 30,280,000 + 27,160,000 = 54,440,000 kuwal that could have been spent on something else, & these are what was given me in the last 4 days... my point is I do not like the randomly placed units, take them away or give them as extra UU... & by the way I do not buy units off the market in reset, the prices are too high & I get better results raiding...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:37 pm

Why wouldnt you want those units? 5,000 kuwal per UU is very cheap so I dont see why you would have a problem with that. Even if you did have a problem with it though.........dont untrain them, they are free anyways. You seem to be complaining about somthing that has no negative aspect at all.

Zar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Zar wrote:Why wouldnt you want those units? 5,000 kuwal per UU is very cheap so I dont see why you would have a problem with that. Even if you did have a problem with it though.........dont untrain them, they are free anyways. You seem to be complaining about somthing that has no negative aspect at all.

If I do not untrain them then the weapons I build for my supers goes to the regulars instead so now I have armed defenders who are gonna die when the wind blows, & unarmed supers who are gonna die cause they do not have weapons, how is that not a negative? trust me just about every player in reset has had a go at my account, farmers/raiders no big deal, the others intent on totally ripping my account apart, have shown me the negative aspect to these "free units" as you call them... think what you will, personally I see them as a negative hassle that I would rather do without...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:18 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Zar wrote:Why wouldnt you want those units? 5,000 kuwal per UU is very cheap so I dont see why you would have a problem with that. Even if you did have a problem with it though.........dont untrain them, they are free anyways. You seem to be complaining about somthing that has no negative aspect at all.

If I do not untrain them then the weapons I build for my supers goes to the regulars instead so now I have armed defenders who are gonna die when the wind blows, & unarmed supers who are gonna die cause they do not have weapons, how is that not a negative? trust me just about every player in reset has had a go at my account, farmers/raiders no big deal, the others intent on totally ripping my account apart, have shown me the negative aspect to these "free units" as you call them... think what you will, personally I see them as a negative hassle that I would rather do without...

Wrong. The weapons always go to the supers first regardless of what you have. Excess units are good. I don't see why you are complaining about this. More units when attacked compared to weapons = less losses to weapons (when using any type of strike mission) and less loss to your actual soldiers holding weapons (when assassinated). The ONLY drawback I see is when people have huge RAWs, then they can get an overly abundant amount of free units. To be honest I think you should be able to choose where you want your units to go as you acquire them.

I.E. I have 125 free units saved up. I can choose to put either 50 in spies, 25 in assassins, and put the rest into supers (supers cost 2 free units so it would be 25 supers instead of 50) at any given time.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:

Wrong. The weapons always go to the supers first regardless of what you have. Excess units are good. I don't see why you are complaining about this. More units when attacked compared to weapons = less losses to weapons (when using any type of strike mission) and less loss to your actual soldiers holding weapons (when assassinated). The ONLY drawback I see is when people have huge RAWs, then they can get an overly abundant amount of free units. To be honest I think you should be able to choose where you want your units to go as you acquire them.

I.E. I have 125 free units saved up. I can choose to put either 50 in spies, 25 in assassins, and put the rest into supers (supers cost 2 free units so it would be 25 supers instead of 50) at any given time.

it is possible you may be correct on this, facts are this, I do not want regular soldiers, & I hate the fact that I have to pay 5,000 per to move them somewhere else

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new info)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by melonhead Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:55 pm

he is right, and they dont hurt you at all gaining them. and at only 5000 per unit its very very minimal to untrain them. also you dont just gain regular soldiers you also gain supers which is great for regaining your losses from hits and attacks.

I do like kingofshinobies idea where you get to choose which ones, but the current system of your race getting specific units makes sense.
melonhead
melonhead
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : Aspire
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:16 am

Well I agree with Kong.

Look at it like this, one main gripe is the "free" stuff you will get in main for things you do in reset, so going around randomly killing the hundreds of thousands of weaponless supers and regulars on inactives accounts is a big plus. The entire idea needs tweeked. I mean if you want to keep your stats low for a reason, right now you can't unless your willing to just let them be killed. You get no choice in the matter.

But its just reset, so really it doesnt matter.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:22 am

Weapons always go to supers first. They are free units, that in no way whatsoever hurt your account, and with a simple cost of 5000 kuwal can help your account....... the whole gripe against them is flawed.

You wanna keep ur stats low then dont arm them.........neither of you are making any sense.

Zar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:24 am

so your fine knowing your about to go to war with someone with 10K unarmed supers?

That make any sense?

*edit*
YOU have 10K unarmed supers (for clarification)

My arguement isnt against the "free units", its against not having a say in where they go, remeber hualu is random, normals and supers and coverts and assassins, supers can not be untrained, and the covert race gets all units that are untrainable. big difference there.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:29 am

10k supers that were all free anyways? When som1 gives you a gift, you then yell at them and say "But thats not what I wanted!"?

Zar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:32 am

Forget it, seems asking for a tweek is just to much around here

*sighs*
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:40 am

Well your asking for a tweek sounded a heck of a lot like complaining, and like I have said there really is nothing at all to complain about in this situation.

Zar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:48 am

guess we see things differently.

I think its stupid to give free units to every account in the game to be killed for free ME that will = free stuff on main,,,,,,,,,,,, but thats just my opinion.

Just like I think it sucks that some races can untrain ALL the Free UU, some can untrain a portion, and some even less then the other 2, but again, just my opinion.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:59 am

Each race has their own advantages and disadvantages.

Getting free stuff in main for playing reset= more people play reset...which is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Zar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:09 am

To each his own I guess. Doesn't change my opinion.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:33 am

Nomad wrote:To each his own I guess. Doesn't change my opinion.

I never said it does not need tweaking. All I was saying is there is no harm in having them and there never was. Just the way they are done now could have a rework. I made my suggestion earlier.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Zar Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:11 am

I also did not know playing reset gives you advantages in Main server.

I have one account for Main, and a different account for reset. So I wont be recieving that it looks like.

Zar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by J1nx Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:50 am

what advantages?
i must've missed this...

J1nx
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:31 am

wow thats 4 ppl who have missed what admin forces you to see

04 August

Until further notice, anything that's not a fair instant trade as far as the game is concerned is considered illegal.
Any outstanding debts can be sent however it has to be reported through the "contact admin" form. Accounts may be sold, but their contents may not be moved. If you buy an account, you use it as it is.

The system for bonuses for playing the reset server are almost finalized

Any war experience you gain for destroying other players accounts will be also added as achievement points
Unlike War Experience, these achievement points grow by a percentage each day.
At the end of the round, you will be able to convert these points along with some other parts of your account into benefits on the main server

then this long thread
https://aderanwars.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f1/reset-server-affecting-main-t1794.htm
and this small one
https://aderanwars.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f1/should-there-be-a-bonus-given-on-main-for-playing-reset-thread-for-poll-t1802.htm

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:33 am

Wait a minute.. Having unarmed supers is good?! So if I train 1mil supers on main and arm them with 100k MA's I will suffer less losses? Or is that just reset? Ahh I'm confused now..
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:43 am

@ KoS,,,,,Thats what I'm saying as well, that it needs tweeking, but I'm just complaining Rolling Eyes

@ Zar,,,,,, Well its just 1 round, but who ever has the account tied to your reset account will get the main bonuses. We don't know what they will be yet, or even if they are worth it, but if your playing to be a long term reset player I would suggest you switch to your own reset account thats tied to your main account.

A lot of us don't feel giving main bonuses for playing reset is appropriate, but seems admin intends to push it through anyway.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:06 am

Admin gave the ability to *untie* reset and main. That doesn't mean he doesn't know who is who

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:12 pm

seaborgium wrote:Admin gave the ability to *untie* reset and main. That doesn't mean he doesn't know who is who
ehm clarification
the point will be that you can have separate id's on both servers

however they will still be linked i.e. so that supporter status is gained on both
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melonhead Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Nomad wrote:

A lot of us don't feel giving main bonuses for playing reset is appropriate, but seems admin intends to push it through anyway.

A little off topic but.. how many people are going to play reset next round, now that they know you can gain bonuses?.... im guessing alot more...which is the point
melonhead
melonhead
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : Aspire
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:09 pm

melonhead wrote:
Nomad wrote:

A little off topic but.. how many people are going to play reset next round, now that they know you can gain bonuses?.... im guessing alot more...which is the point

Hey do not get me wrong here, I hope reset works out for those who like/want to play it; but I can name you 3-4 players,(& there are probably more) who do not have the time to play reset,(due to working 12/14/16 hours a day), Who I promise you are not happy over this whole linking of the two games. no matter how small or insignificant the bonuses are, it will still be seen as unfair...
& this is not a threat but I have seen 2-3 guys mess up thousands of dollars of advertising by word of mouth. so I am gonna wait & see what happens, personally I think that more people may start playing next round that did this round, but I think that they will go inactive as they have done now in this round. Seriously do you know how many have quit playing reset this round already for whatever reason?...
& I have been told by more than one that reset cannot be accessed by mobile (phone) I do not know myself just what I have been told...
I hope that you are right in your guess, but I wouldn't hold your breath... lol...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content