Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll

+3
Miglow
kingkongfan1
Nomad
7 posters

Go down

Poll Empty Poll

Post by Nomad Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:26 am

Because this is an important issue, it is required for you to answer this poll before being able to do anything else

Currently the only way for a player to receive Supporter Status (Trading Ability) is only if they donate money to the game, or if some other player donates money for them.

Do you want that players who invite new players to the game will also receive a limited supporter status (+90 days) for each new player they invite, as soon as the new player reaches 6000 unit production and receives a couple Awards, even if the inviter didn't buy a Supporter Status before?

This means that players would have the possibility to receive the trading ability even if they didn't/can't donate real money to the game or paid someone ingame resources to donate for them.
Or do you want players to get the 90 day Supporter Status only if they bought a Supporter Status before?

A: Players who bring new people to the game should be rewarded with a 90 day Supporter Status even if they didn't buy a Supporter Status before.
B: Players who bring new people to the game should be rewarded with a 90 day Supporter Status only in the case they bought a Supporter Status before.

Please select an option:
A) I agree with option A only
B) I agree with option B only
C) I don't care / Undecided

Can we vote for D) No SS bonuses?

I mean if your going to give the bonus, it should be given no matter if you have donated $$ or not, but I just don't like the idea at all TBH.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Poll Empty Re: Poll

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:18 am

Nomad wrote:Because this is an important issue, it is required for you to answer this poll before being able to do anything else

Currently the only way for a player to receive Supporter Status (Trading Ability) is only if they donate money to the game, or if some other player donates money for them.

Do you want that players who invite new players to the game will also receive a limited supporter status (+90 days) for each new player they invite, as soon as the new player reaches 6000 unit production and receives a couple Awards, even if the inviter didn't buy a Supporter Status before?

This means that players would have the possibility to receive the trading ability even if they didn't/can't donate real money to the game or paid someone ingame resources to donate for them.
Or do you want players to get the 90 day Supporter Status only if they bought a Supporter Status before?

A: Players who bring new people to the game should be rewarded with a 90 day Supporter Status even if they didn't buy a Supporter Status before.
B: Players who bring new people to the game should be rewarded with a 90 day Supporter Status only in the case they bought a Supporter Status before.

Please select an option:
A) I agree with option A only
B) I agree with option B only
C) I don't care / Undecided

Can we vote for D) No SS bonuses?

I mean if your going to give the bonus, it should be given no matter if you have donated $$ or not, but I just don't like the idea at all TBH.

Hate to say this but, I agree with nomad here... besides I thought we already had a poll on this subject way back in the day... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:08 am

I think 90 days is too long. For someone (like me) who may have trouble recruiting people to play, it's nice. However I am sure there are those who would abuse it with people that have no intention of staying for any real amount of game time.

I say the reward should be reduced, or given when the new player (not the referrer) gains SS, or both. Just my suggestion.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by r1maru Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:39 am

i don't agree with rewards conditioned by ss

more than that there are 2 points of view, the majority's which sees aderan like a game and the admin's and few others who sees aderan like a business some sees aderan as a game while others sees it like a business

like in any business you have to promote it, and even though the game has a few years already, it has way too many players than it should have

we ALL should attract people to register, either if we want to make the game more fun or, if we want to gain more money from it, and i don't see in this proposal a good method

Last edited by r1maru on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
r1maru
r1maru
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:51 am

r1maru wrote:more than that there are 2 points of view, the majority's which sees aderan like a game and the admin's and few others who sees aderan like a business
please edit your post and put me in the group that sees aw as a game
actually just edit out your whole post it really makes no sense

yes there were some questions in the last poll but not any specific ones.

the bonus is there to promote a more active playerbase to look for new people to play the game.
yes people will sometimes tell people around them, "hey check this out" but if the person says no then they wont bother anymore. with the incentives they might push a little harder.

with the prospect of extra trading days people will be able to not have to spend money to keep it.
The requirements and the bonuses have been thought of in very long detail and I had a number of very heated discussions with kenzu.

this is just a question of , should you have donated before you can get the extra trading days.
i.e. getting something for nothing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by r1maru Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:44 pm

actually, i would go with the 3rd option, the one about not caring, but i can't get over a certain bug on the test server

that is why i write allot of "no sense" posts on this forum
r1maru
r1maru
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:12 pm

I rather prefer to think that some people are nonsense, but sure they should do whatever makes them happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:27 pm

if the sole question is

"weather or not to give SS to those who have not donated" Then the answer is YES

If they did the same work as someone else who has donated, then the same work should equal the same reward. PERIOD. Anything less is bias, unfair, and hypocritical in my opinion.

Still begs the question, what about those with permanant SS? It makes the fruits of their labors useless as the SS time is wasted. Perhapps if they could "give" the SS time to another?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Nomad wrote:if the sole question is

"weather or not to give SS to those who have not donated" Then the answer is YES

If they did the same work as someone else who has donated, then the same work should equal the same reward. PERIOD. Anything less is bias, unfair, and hypocritical in my opinion.

Still begs the question, what about those with permanant SS? It makes the fruits of their labors useless as the SS time is wasted. Perhapps if they could "give" the SS time to another?

once again **GAG,,CHOKE,,** I have to agree with **cough** nomad on this...
seriously if you offer a reward for doing something, then regardless of whether a person has previously bought SS, they should get the reward, if they completed the requirements... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by lil monsters Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:20 pm

I think if you want to reward a player for bring in more players then a reward of SS for 2 weeks would be plenty enough, anymore time then that and it would feel as if all the cash buyers are being ripped off, just my opinion.

also your have the problem of people making multi accounts just to recieve free SS,
just something to think about admin.

lil monsters
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 3593
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:24 pm

lil monsters wrote:also your have the problem of people making multi accounts just to recieve free SS,
just something to think about admin.
Did you get the part of me mentioning how the referral ID is a big phat spotlight on the target player

I dont think anyone would be dumb enough to think something as potentially abusable as this wont be checked thoroughly with each bonus being given.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:32 pm

If there is a glimmer of a way to exploit a system, people will try it. I'm sure people have tried stupider attempts at exploiting AW already.

The poll is messed up, like Nomad said, we need a "none of the above" option.

I don't like it because one person could just buy a $5 package then with four people get over a years worth of subscriber status. Which I think is abusable with multis or maybe even with just friends spending 2-3 weeks in game.

I really think my idea should be given consideration. Give people bonuses for when account they refferred reaches SS. The same SS donation is creating more SS days with both accounts, so both people benefit, and there is an incentive for people to help new players by buying them SS or trading in game to get they provided SS status.

This would help give incentive to boost and help new players, while also making it harder to abuse since the account getting the most benefits are the newer one. Not to mention, IMO, it would work better to improve donations.

The idea is actually somewhat inspired from the Commander/Officer relationship where both accounts benefit in some way by working together.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Miglow wrote:I don't like it because one person could just buy a $5 package then with four people get over a years worth of subscriber status. Which I think is abusable with multis or maybe even with just friends spending 2-3 weeks in game.
Considering for 20$ you can get trading ability for more than a year...

anyways, it wont be enough to buy a 5$ package.
You'll need to get a 10$ package at least, so for your idea to work you'll need to spend 40$ to get 1 year worth of trading
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:51 am

Miglow wrote:I think 90 days is too long. For someone (like me) who may have trouble recruiting people to play, it's nice. However I am sure there are those who would abuse it with people that have no intention of staying for any real amount of game time.

I say the reward should be reduced, or given when the new player (not the referrer) gains SS, or both. Just my suggestion.

There is always the option to punish/ban those who abuse this system.

Of course some people will be too dumb to get it, but after you loose a proportion of their population or get banned, they will learn their lesson and not try to be smart anymore.

Statement that some people might try to abuse it is not good enough to count as a reason not to do it.
The necessary step isn't blocking people from getting SS, but instead the step must be to improve supervision and make sure that punishments are harsh enough to deter potential cheaters.

r1maru wrote:i don't agree with rewards conditioned by ss

more than that there are 2 points of view, the majority's which sees aderan like a game and the admin's and few others who sees aderan like a business some sees aderan as a game while others sees it like a business

like in any business you have to promote it, and even though the game has a few years already, it has way too many players than it should have

we ALL should attract people to register, either if we want to make the game more fun or, if we want to gain more money from it, and i don't see in this proposal a good method

Do you realise that the game was made not to make money, but to have fun?
Had other games been at least a bit decent, Aderan Wars would not have to be made.
Aderan Wars exists, because it's impossible to find a proper game. (at least I haven't found one besides AW yet.)

Miglow wrote:
I don't like it because one person could just buy a $5 package then with four people get over a years worth of subscriber status. Which I think is abusable with multis or maybe even with just friends spending 2-3 weeks in game.

I really think my idea should be given consideration. Give people bonuses for when account they refferred reaches SS. The same SS donation is creating more SS days with both accounts, so both people benefit, and there is an incentive for people to help new players by buying them SS or trading in game to get they provided SS status.

If I understand you right, this makes it impossible for players who don't have the possibility to donate money to reach Supporter Status in a proper way, by inviting players that is.

Besides, buying SS for others alone does not give you a bonus, the invited players must play for a longer period of time and achieve something. Even 10 bonuses will not bring the game out of the balance. Letting more players have SS will not increase the risk of cheaters much. At the same time it's easier to supervise these kind of people.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:34 am

Oops, earlier I said I voted C. I meant to say B, as in it should not matter if the person has had supporter status or not.

After thinking about this my concerns over people abusing this is probably a lot less warranted than I previously thought. I'm sure people may still try to abuse it, but even then, it is not something that can give someone an advantage over someone else. At the most it's just some less donation money to the game, and cheaters are at a good risk of getting caught.

Statement that some people might try to abuse it is not good enough to count as a reason not to do it.

That is a good point Kenzu.

If I understand you right, this makes it impossible for players who don't have the possibility to donate money to reach Supporter Status in a proper way, by inviting players that is.

Well, not exactly. As the new player can still donate money themselves. Not to mention that one or both could trade in game resources for supporter status from a third party. I was trying to give an example of how existing players might more readily donate towards new players that way.

Besides, buying SS for others alone does not give you a bonus, the invited players must play for a longer period of time and achieve something. Even 10 bonuses will not bring the game out of the balance. Letting more players have SS will not increase the risk of cheaters much. At the same time it's easier to supervise these kind of people.

True, I was thinking that the limits on UP/awards wouldn't be different. Maybe my idea would make it too hard for people to get the bonus. I was a fan when I thought it up, it's beginning to sound less like a good idea.

Well, my 2 cents on this topic seem to be more than used up.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down