Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone intrested in,,,,,,

+8
Nomad
Lord Ishurue
kingkongfan1
Kingofshinobis1
QUEST
Alex
seaborgium
Special Agent 47
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is anyone intrested in,,,,,, - Page 2 Empty Re: Is anyone intrested in,,,,,,

Post by Nomad Sun May 30, 2010 1:06 pm

Manleva wrote:There are some good Ideas here but I think some are a little on the restrictive side.

Generally I would say that the competition has to be open to all players who want to join in so no restrictions based on post count but a requirement to post the actions pertaining to the competition in the AW Forums (It's a good opportunity it increase forum participation)

No costs for being a part of the league. If competitors want to have wagers that's fine but leave it to them. They can then find someone to hold the purse that is acceptable to them.

League members get no protection from anyone at all. They are primeraly here to play AW and it involves risks. Their decision to participate in any other side activities is solely up to them.

I did like the divisions. I'm assuming that they would relate to grouping players by their respective power so that the matches would be competitive.

I would like to see more discussion on and around the mechanics of the actual matches such as the number of attacks made in a given time period and the number of attack turns allowed per attack (this could possibly open the way for some handicap matches or may be a method for allowing competition between players of different powers).

To the 3 bolded points above
1. Fully agree, post count shouldnt matter
2. Semi agree, its a risk all take and in that I agree, but where I draw the line is, if 1 person or a small group of persons watch forums, see whos fighting, and then consistantly shows up in the fighters logs. To me that gives the fighters the right to retaliate, and if need be bring friends.
3. I want the same, more discussion on the actual match mechanics.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Sun May 30, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm thinking when the reset server is finally finished it will be perfect for more competitions like this.

For bragging rights I suggest that there be customised titles and/or some sort of ribbon/medal given to victors. They can be added to people's MOTD and signiture lines.

Example:
Winner, 1st place "beat 'em up" competition MM/YY ((\/))

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Sun May 30, 2010 4:18 pm

Why don't we make it to where certain types of attacks aren't allowed normal matches,anyone doing these attacks during a match are disqualified from the match and their opponent is declaired the winner.Here are some of the attacks that are not allowed:Attacking income units, and doing Sabotage and Assassin missions. Lets keep it strictly Strike vs Defense unless the match is a no holds barred match or a specific match type.

We could do a spy vs spy/sabotage match between 2 people to see who can destroy the most weapons within a set number of attacks. Each participant is only allowed like 5, 10, or 15 attacks. The number must be decided before the match. The person to destroy the most weapons in the winner.

Another match type we could do is an assassin match, there will be 5 variations of this match. There will be assassin vs offence, assassin vs defence, assassin vs spies, assassins vs assassin or assassins vs all(also called the Ultimate Assassin match). Like the spy match there will be a set number of attacks allowed 5,10, or 15. If there is 5 moves attacks allowed in an Ultimate assassin match, its 5 moves per target. The assassin match type should be specified in the forums just like any other match. Whoever gets the most kills wins.

Here is another match i just came up with

Raiding match it will be between 2 or 4 opponents. Each participant get to raid the other participants 10 times and who ever steals the most units is the winner.

It would only be fair for there to be tag team, triple threat, fatal 4 way and handicapped versions of these match types also.

Last edited by Paladius on Sun May 30, 2010 4:51 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : More info)
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun May 30, 2010 5:07 pm

There are major flaws in that Paladius.

All those types of attacks are based on set numbers. Set losses. Set gains.

Example

Me and you decide to fight
Me = tech levels of 150% 500K spies/assassins
You = tech levels of 15% 250K spies and assassins

Outcome is, in the same number of hits You will win hands down because my man count is higher and that = your kill ratio being better period.

Second issue
Me = tech levels of 150%
You = tech level of 200%
Same issue, a better built account will win every time

These conditions arise as a result of a set # of attacks, in other words the outcome can be figured up exactly before the first punch/lick is thrown.

Raiding compations are the same way, who ever has the most out will lose as the one with the least out gives the opponent less to steal.
Me = 25K UU out, you can raid 10 to 15K
You = have 5K uu out, I cant raid any worth the cost

this means you would win, and everyone knows it before the first strike is made.

oh, when it comes to sabbing, the higher tech will get the best ratio, and fewer loses every time as well.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Sun May 30, 2010 5:22 pm

Nomad wrote:There are major flaws in that Paladius.

All those types of attacks are based on set numbers. Set losses. Set gains.

Example

Me and you decide to fight
Me = tech levels of 150% 500K spies/assassins
You = tech levels of 15% 250K spies and assassins

Outcome is, in the same number of hits You will win hands down because my man count is higher and that = your kill ratio being better period.

Second issue
Me = tech levels of 150%
You = tech level of 200%
Same issue, a better built account will win every time

These conditions arise as a result of a set # of attacks, in other words the outcome can be figured up exactly before the first punch/lick is thrown.

Raiding compations are the same way, who ever has the most out will lose as the one with the least out gives the opponent less to steal.
Me = 25K UU out, you can raid 10 to 15K
You = have 5K uu out, I cant raid any worth the cost

this means you would win, and everyone knows it before the first strike is made.

oh, when it comes to sabbing, the higher tech will get the best ratio, and fewer loses every time as well.
Is there any way for these match types to work?How about we make it to where smaller players get more attacks or just get rid of the set number of attacks?
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Sun May 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi

just like in UFC , Boxing and Wrestling . not WWE .

weight classes can mean army size .

this way it is fair . but handicap matches can be arranged .

making weight classes would be based on AE . ( since saying 5mil army class . in a few months 5mil army might be 100% AE )

2x average army
3x average army
20%off of average army - 120% of average army

50% of average army

etc
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun May 30, 2010 11:38 pm

Paladius wrote: Is there any way for these match types to work?How about we make it to where smaller players get more attacks or just get rid of the set number of attacks?

getting rid of the set number of attacks would help, but only way to make them work is if 2 similiar sized/built accounts went at it, couldnt be very skewed in size.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2