Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Force, features and functions.

+8
vei07
Survivor
Space2050
Alex
rflash
slambot#4
Admin
Nomad
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Air Force, features and functions. - Page 2 Empty Re: Air Force, features and functions.

Post by Jiro Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:01 pm

Regarding XP, if your complete airforce is wiped out, does your XP go to 0? Does the XP give any bonus on airforce strength, or is it just for show?

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Air Force, features and functions. - Page 2 Empty Re: Air Force, features and functions.

Post by Admin Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:42 pm

dunno, problem is that giving xp would need to be tied to limits as to who you can attack to gain any xp at all.

but tbh i'll probably not give it any significant power boost.
otherwise the weak players would be the ones to suffer most
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:02 pm

I would like to have airforce units NOT add percentage power, but add an absolute power to strike or defense.

It should be possible for players to choose if they want to involve airforce or not.

You choose how many planes you use in a mission
Once you use planes in a mission, you have to wait 12 hours until they can be used again.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:52 pm

Kenzu wrote:I would like to have airforce units NOT add percentage power, but add an absolute power to strike or defense.

It should be possible for players to choose if they want to involve airforce or not.

Once you use planes in a mission, you have to wait 12 hours until they can be used again.

I like the waiting / repair period . it puts a limit on players who have level 2 construction yard and airforce facilities .
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:57 am

Kenzu wrote:I would like to have airforce units NOT add percentage power, but add an absolute power to strike or defense.

1. I can go either way, as long as it is balanced better then other games. I think Admin has a good point at only allowing a % of standing stats to be added. It stops overpowered Air Forces or the "1 hit wonder" senerio, But I also see Kenzu's point. I myself am not sure which is/would be better.

2. I think Admin has already said that would happen, and I think almost/all have agreed with the idea.

3. I agree, but can also possibly see a need for all or nothing, it depends on how the overall set up winds up being

4. I think 12 hrs may be a good bit to long, unless the effects last as long. Otherwise it makes it practicly useless. If the income reduction idea is played, what good is it to use if it last 1 turn and can only be used 1 time every 12 hrs?

As for your idea of the 12 hr cool off, is it after 1 single use, or do you have the entire turn to use it? Also, how would you "dog fight/Air fight" if your airforce is grounded? What good are they if they can't/don't defend from attacks? I'm not totally against the idea, just think the time is way to long, and it has some signifigant flaws.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:26 am

well it'd be no problem to set it up that you defend all the time with your planes, but can only attack once per some unit of time
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:55 am

Admin wrote:well it'd be no problem to set it up that you defend all the time with your planes, but can only attack once per some unit of time

That still leaves alot of questions unanswered.
4. I think 12 hrs may be a good bit to long, unless the effects last as long. Otherwise it makes it practicly useless. If the income reduction idea is played, what good is it to use if it last 1 turn and can only be used 1 time every 12 hrs?

As for your idea of the 12 hr cool off, is it after 1 single use, or do you have the entire turn to use it? Also, how would you "dog fight/Air fight" if your airforce is grounded? What good are they if they can't/don't defend from attacks? I'm not totally against the idea, just think the time is way to long, and it has some signifigant flaws.

I thought the effects of a income dropping bombing run would lessen on a per turn basis. If so only using your Airforce every 12 hrs is useless except for well planned alliance assaults. (If thats the intent thats fine, I just Know the complaints you will get because of "the big guys being bullies and running the server")
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by vei07 Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Maybe if the Air force system gets up, maybe if would be fine if the big guys can only attack guys with an airforce, coz if it will be a free attack for everyone. The big guys would simply run the game and all gets boring. Maybe a countdown period for smaller players, like a protection that after a set of period of time, the set of expected players should already have the air force by the time the protection's gone. Can't explain further.... Head's not clear

vei07
Mercenary
Mercenary

ID : vei07
Alliance : World Republic (TOC)
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Why the obsession with limiting the airforce? If the power it gives isn't devastating, there is no difference between level 10 or 11 weapons and airforce: both will be impossible to defeat for smaller players.
I don't see why a time limit is necessary, or even a limit on who you can attack using it.
In the end they are like super soldiers with a lower chance of dying if faced by ground troups that either do super damage against similar troups (fighters), normal damage against similar troups and normal damage against ground troups (tactical bombers) or super damage against ground troups(strategic bombers). At least that's what I gathered from Admin's proposal.
If anyone with a construction yard level 1 can build anti-air batteries that defend against airforce, I don't see a lot of potential for abuse (depending on training cost for the air units and the combat stats).
Maybe as an extra introduce transport planes can be introduced as well that don't do any damage, but increase raid effectiveness and that can be damaged as normal units since they need to land.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by slambot#4 Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:00 pm

transports now?!?! Actually... added raid ability would be sort of neat... though if I were flying a transport, I would do the most sensible thing... convert it into a gunship Smile
slambot#4
slambot#4
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:32 pm

maybe transport gets more UU per hit, but cost kuwal for refueling

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:20 pm

no increase in raid effectiveness
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:51 am

Admin wrote:no increase in raid effectiveness

Sad

I liked the idea too.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:18 pm

Nomad wrote:

1. I can go either way, as long as it is balanced better then other games. I think Admin has a good point at only allowing a % of standing stats to be added. It stops overpowered Air Forces or the "1 hit wonder" senerio, But I also see Kenzu's point. I myself am not sure which is/would be better.

2. I think Admin has already said that would happen, and I think almost/all have agreed with the idea.

3. I agree, but can also possibly see a need for all or nothing, it depends on how the overall set up winds up being

I think we can couple absolute amounts with percentages.

Example:
Each bomber will kill 100 groundtroops, but all the planes together will not kill more than 50% of all enemy ground troops
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:01 am

Kenzu wrote:
Example:
Each bomber will kill 100 groundtroops, but all the planes together will not kill more than 50% of all enemy ground troops

Ok. I'm sure I just don't get this, cuz its rather confusing to me?

50%

now is that "per hit" or total????

Per hit, well thats just friggan massively overpowered and insane!!!!!

and if it total, well where do you start the count from? each hit decreases population. So if its a set 50% when does the counter start? How does training and untraining effect it?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2