Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weapons Ware house and UU raid Shelter

+7
Osyndicate
Admin
Nomad
¤ Angel Slayer
Alex
Kenzu
Lance
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Weapons  Ware house  and  UU raid Shelter - Page 2 Empty Re: Weapons Ware house and UU raid Shelter

Post by Nomad Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:01 am

Well I do have to agree with that.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Weapons  Ware house  and  UU raid Shelter - Page 2 Empty Re: Weapons Ware house and UU raid Shelter

Post by Admin Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:12 am

I'm really not gonna bother with setting a limit on how many you can keep there.

if smaller players are meant to use this for their trading purposes then no limit would be appropriate since their armies and up will be smaller than of the large players.

so maybe a simple sticking with the sheltered units producing 15 Kuwal per turn, no train/untrain cost, obviously instant train and that's it.

and fyi considering weapons will lose repairs then i think it also sort of includes the weapon warehouse.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:03 pm

merged the two topics
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:55 pm

intresting

I kinna wanna say 15 per turn is to much, but is it?

thats very small compared to a farmer at 50 per turn, and its less then a Untrained unit at 20 per turn. Means you can hold a mill men in there if you wanted, at a great loss of income tho.

I think you made a good call on that one Admin.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesper Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:58 am

Admin wrote:
anyways, will think about the uu shelter thing. Initial thoughts, limiting it to several days, worth of raw up instead of army size. Most likely sheltered units generating, little or no income. On the other hand, most likely no un/training costs.

My random thoughts would be you allow 5 days raw UP in and offer a higher rate produced by the shelter which will make raw UP more important and also allow a place for people to store units.

I later read something about smaller accounts using the shelter for selling UU but they would have a small UP. Perhaps make a 50k minimum allowed in the shelter then base it off of raw UP? Chances of a new account raiding more then 50k would be slim unless they let ST build up like i do before going on a raiding session. But newer players tend to attack everything using all the AT and ST they have to get growth started as quickly as possible
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:01 am

trust me, making a limit is not worth the effort

if people plan for war then with a 1-2 bil def you can easily leave 100k uu's in the open for instant training needs when massing someone. Hence large players wont be bound by any limit that gets set.

only person who might get screwed is someone small who finds some juicy target but wont be able to hide the units they raided.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:31 am

Admin wrote:I'm really not gonna bother with setting a limit on how many you can keep there.

if smaller players are meant to use this for their trading purposes then no limit would be appropriate since their armies and up will be smaller than of the large players.

so maybe a simple sticking with the sheltered units producing 15 Kuwal per turn, no train/untrain cost, obviously instant train and that's it.

and fyi considering weapons will lose repairs then i think it also sort of includes the weapon warehouse.

make it instant train AND they will produce 20 per turn.

no need to make their income any lower than this
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:47 pm

then there is no downside....
There has to be a downside if they are protected.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:52 am

there is a down side.

Loss of income. it cost you 30 kewal per turn to "house" them.

I kinna lean towards them needing to be trained per turn as any other unit, but I am fine with insta train. I leave it up to admin.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:21 pm

seaborgium wrote:then there is no downside....
There has to be a downside if they are protected.

The downside is that as long as they are in this state they don't produce 50 like farmers.

Besides, the reason why this update should come is that someone can prevent from being raided if he logs in.

If you don't log in for 1-2 weeks, you will be raided, but if you log in on time, you can place them somewhere until you have enough cash to train them into farmers.

afterall they are still untrained
protected untrained.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:28 pm

So where is the cost of being protected?
That is why the income from these should be lower. There needs to be a cost to 'protect' them.

If playing right you shouldn't have more UU then you can pay to train. if you do then you really need to take a look at your plan of attack.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by FarleShadow Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Err, am I the only one who thinks this is pretty silly?

So ok, you get 15 rather than 20 from an untrained unit in shelter, but for larger players who sell UU its going to be a massive benefit and a massive downside to any UU raiders scoping for large UU piles.

Unless you're intending to put in a sliding scale (Small players penalty is -5 to UU income, larger players scale based on army side to negative income) its just going to benefit large players who should have had enough defense to cover their UU stockpiles anyway.

FarleShadow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:01 am

FarleShadow wrote:Err, am I the only one who thinks this is pretty silly?
yes because apparently you forget that raiders hit 0 def targets, not people who have a 500 mil def and behind that stash 80k uu's which is not worth massing the def for
other than that about AE which basically covers your thing about large players suffering a higher penalty, etc.

anything else you need explained?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:51 am

I think it will help the smaller players far more then the bigger ones. As Admin said, big boys will have massive defenses which you will not try to break just to raid them. Newer players often can't train supers, assassins, and spies as fast as they can get units (such as raiding). They sell UU in the beginning to better their accounts. This will help they drasticly where it honestly doesnt help a big boy. Think about it, yeah it helps to not have to pay to untrain 1 mill UU, but look at the lost income those 1 mill UU could have made as farmers.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:03 am

This idea sounds like a very good one, especially for smaller players, though I definately think at 0 train/untraining costs they should produce less then normal UU, as has been discussed above.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:05 pm

seaborgium wrote:So where is the cost of being protected?
That is why the income from these should be lower. There needs to be a cost to 'protect' them.

If playing right you shouldn't have more UU then you can pay to train. if you do then you really need to take a look at your plan of attack.

maybe they should simply give you less income.

How about 15 income per turn to make everyone happy?

PS: A major advantage will be that players who don't have paypal can get SS easier, because they can store uu easier which they can use to pay someone for a Supporter Status.

Furthermore small players who have small defenses will benefit (as long as they are online to store the uu)
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:59 am

Kenzu wrote:
seaborgium wrote:So where is the cost of being protected?

maybe they should simply give you less income.

How about 15 income per turn to make everyone happy?

Admin wrote:I'm really not gonna bother with setting a limit on how many you can keep there.

PS: A major advantage will be that players who don't have paypal can get SS easier, because they can store uu easier which they can use to pay someone for a Supporter Status.

Furthermore small players who have small defenses will benefit (as long as they are online to store the uu)

As for the "major advantage" I fully 100% agree with you there Kenzu, very good point

I agree with the second point as well, but I said basicly the same thing earlier in the thread basicly.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:41 am

considering uu shelter is already coded ...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:26 pm

and in place on the beta server Cool
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:24 pm

ok, does this mean that we will see this in game soon? sorry if that was a stupid question...
king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:29 pm

of course
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:40 am

Most excellent! Thanks Admin... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:42 am

You can see a full list in the "Test Server" section of the forums Kong. From what I hear last of Feb, first of Mar we will see these updates.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2