Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untraining should take time and cost more

5 posters

Go down

How high should be the average untrain cost? (choose closest)

Untraining should take time and cost more Vote_lcap33%Untraining should take time and cost more Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Untraining should take time and cost more Vote_lcap0%Untraining should take time and cost more Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Untraining should take time and cost more Vote_lcap0%Untraining should take time and cost more Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Untraining should take time and cost more Vote_lcap17%Untraining should take time and cost more Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Untraining should take time and cost more Vote_lcap33%Untraining should take time and cost more Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Untraining should take time and cost more Vote_lcap17%Untraining should take time and cost more Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Untraining should take time and cost more Empty Untraining should take time and cost more

Post by Kenzu Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Untraining costs should be increased to 25.000 to 50.000 for any unit to prevent players massing you and untraining their units for cheap to prevent having them destroyed.

(some players might untrain units for cheap and sell them or send to a friend. We don't want that!)

Maybe it would be useful if untraining speed would be limited to the amount of training facilities.
Untraining could be immediately done, but in total training facility amount x 48 per day.

Which means that a player who has 100 training facilities can untrain a maximum of 4800 units per day.

Last edited by Kenzu on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Untraining should take time and cost more Empty Re: Untraining should take time and cost more

Post by ian Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:33 pm

hmm, now this suggestion i agree with Smile
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Untraining should take time and cost more Empty Re: Untraining should take time and cost more

Post by Kenzu Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:34 pm

ian wrote:hmm, now this suggestion i agree with Smile

I hope that we will achieve all

cheaper repairs, more attack bonus points, slower massings, less invasion missions per day, no untraining evaders.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Kenzu wrote:
ian wrote:hmm, now this suggestion i agree with Smile

I hope that we will achieve all

cheaper repairs, more attack bonus points, slower massings, less invasion missions per day, no untraining evaders.

The only suggestion i agree with is the untraining aspect - the others are generally poorly thought out suggestions.
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:57 pm

How about this: make this a temporary "debuff" that activates if you have taken hostile actions in the last 24 hours. Otherwise, costs would remain the same and untraining would occur 5-10 times faster than training. Remember: it's easier to forget something than to learn a new thing.

This could be brought in: you can monitor an enemy with part of your covert forces as a new type of covert action. You could choose what to monitor exactly. If that specific stat changes by a high enough percentage in a certain time frame, you would get a message from your covert ops informing you that something is afoot. Then you can spy on that account and see what's what. A chance of success might be implemented so they wouldn't necessarily notice the change. And they would only be able to monitor one thing per account. They would also become unavailable to you until recalled, etc. This is a rough sketch of an idea and I think it could complement your suggestion well.

Hostile does NOT mean farming or raiding.

This way, it would be as relevant as possible.If you haven't touched a fly in 6 months, it shouldn't take you a week to untrain your units or cost you more.

I know what a counter argument might be: you prepare your account and untrain what you can, sell, shove them somewhere dark and moist, w/e and THEN you strike!

Well, that would be called strategy. Lookout squads would be created by alliances to check accounts that might be hostile for suspicious behavior. Thus, if a lookout squad notices your movements, you'll be contacted/destroyed/left-alone and you might end up with a shell account with everything untrained, rendered unable to enact your plans.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:07 pm

I like your idea
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:19 pm

I have disagreed with instant untraining since the training facilities came into existance. Untraining should be faster then training, but still not instant.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Space2050 Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:46 pm

Other idea!!!,

How about make the cost to untrain your soldiers scale with your army size, or some form of your income, Unit Production, or both?

Edit: This would mean having a base level of cost, then modify it by an amount controlled by something like your Administrative Efficiency, or total economic production. This would make it so small players can untrain their soldiers about as easily at their level of economy, as the much larger players. The larger players would have a larger untraining fee, but that would be proportional to their incomes or army sizes.

Space2050
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down