Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live release (Hopefully 1st Jan 2009)

Go down

Live release (Hopefully 1st Jan 2009) Empty Live release (Hopefully 1st Jan 2009)

Post by Admin Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:29 pm

Now, it's going to be a tough date for me, I'm not fully sure I can make it because i planned on doing a number of things before releasing live.
But giving it a thought I decided against that.
Many of the options in question would not be available at the start of the game (i.e. you need a building before you can use it, such as fighters)
or people will not make much use of them (yeh who ever heard of declaring an alliance war in the first month of a game release)
or simply because it's not a critical issue when faced with a sufficiently low enough playerbase (i.e. rewriting some sections of the code for it to work faster and remain functional, and hopefully prevent my account getting suspended, due to server load)

Another reason is that some aspects of the game I can only balance as time goes on, people make use of them and I can observe a working enviroment (A beta is a beta and can never replace live in some instances)

However some important issues will be dealt before live release:
Increased security i.e. login code and other things to make it harder to make use of bots
Commander/officer relations (done)
War/Peace settings and the respective player lists that are based of those relations
Worker motivation (done)
Alliance Memberlist page (done)
War experience received for sabotage, assassination... (done)
PM system (been pushing this ahead of me all this time, finally i'll get to do it)
Voting Page (making a specific page for the voting links and adding minor rewards for incentivising the voting)

Any other important issues you feel that deserve looking at before live, let me know.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down