Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Release airforce

+8
mental
Gamniac
Iamdoom
Manleva
Nomad
kingkongfan1
Alex
Keinutnai
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When do you want airforce to be released?

Release airforce Vote_lcap7%Release airforce Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Release airforce Vote_lcap13%Release airforce Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Release airforce Vote_lcap80%Release airforce Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 15

Release airforce Empty Release airforce

Post by Keinutnai Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:38 am

Not sure how about you guys. But I dont want to wait any longer. Airforce has been tested long enough. Let us release it on main. The coming war is going to give us a unique opportunity to use it. We can't use it much in peace times anyway.

Why not release it within a week?
The buildings, research, building of airforce and airforce missions work flawlessly. Why wait any longer?

It could be released now, and other things, such as bombardment mission (decreasing income), and upgrading weapons could be added later.
I rather not wait anymore, how much longer do you want to wait?

If there are still any bugs left, they are hard to find, and 100 people can find the bugs much faster than 10.

What do you think?
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Release airforce Empty Re: Release airforce

Post by Alex Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:41 am

You should FULLY develop airforce, inluding ALL the features planned for it before you release it on main.

Main factors of it such as the two you mentioned are missing, this is an incomplete update. The whole nature of this game is a slow paced one, why be impatient and release a half-done update?

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:21 am

Alex wrote:You should FULLY develop airforce, inluding ALL the features planned for it before you release it on main.

Main factors of it such as the two you mentioned are missing, this is an incomplete update. The whole nature of this game is a slow paced one, why be impatient and release a half-done update?

-Alex

To be honest, I rather not have these features at all than wait a single day longer.

We waited long enough for this update. It's not a half update. This can be considered one update, and when there are improvements for airforce, there will be a 2nd update. Other things that have been released also didnt come the way they are now in one update. Take ground based missions for example, they have been updated and improved many times, or alliances, also have been improved in many updates, allowing to see economic details, adding advisor positions, later adding distribution of awards and squad system.

Also what makes you think that once airforce is released it will not be changed? It's not only possible, it's extremely likely that after airforce is released, sooner or later they will either be some adjustments to it, or updates that will improve airforce.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:33 am

Alex wrote:You should FULLY develop airforce, inluding ALL the features planned for it before you release it on main.

-Alex

I agree here with Alex.

so why don't you add an option to vote on which states "I would like the air force update to be fully completed & tested before it is released on main." & make this poll a little less lopsided? as the way you have it worded it would seem to be skewed for the answers to go the way you want no matter what anyone votes...JMO.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:46 am

That's how he works. Why he bothers putting it in forums anyway is a joke. what 5 maybe 6 players actually come here?

But to the subject at hand. I vote ABSOLUTELY NOT to bring anything less then a complete and fully tested update from the test server to main.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:26 am

Another absolute No from me as well.

All features have not yet been released for testing and until they are the update cannot be fully and completely tested.

We have waited a long time so far and waiting a bit longer is not a great issue. To be practical once all of the features have been released into Test then a game wide invitation should be issued to all players to join in the testing. There are not really enough people in test for a through testing phase to be done.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:38 am

Manleva wrote:Another absolute No from me as well.

All features have not yet been released for testing and until they are the update cannot be fully and completely tested.

We have waited a long time so far and waiting a bit longer is not a great issue. To be practical once all of the features have been released into Test then a game wide invitation should be issued to all players to join in the testing. There are not really enough people in test for a through testing phase to be done.

What makes you think that they will be released? Has admin promised them? I haven't seen him say a single time that upgrading will come. You might as well wait forever.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Keinutnai wrote:
Manleva wrote:Another absolute No from me as well.

What makes you think that they will be released? Has admin promised them? I haven't seen him say a single time that upgrading will come. You might as well wait forever.

You may well be correct however until Admin clearly states the all of the planed features have been released for testing we will not know. So far my limited testing has shown one major flaw which I will post later on when I have more time available.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamdoom Thu May 03, 2012 7:11 pm

I would like airforce to be released soon, but I don't think we should release it incompleted. Personally, I think when the main parts are finished (types of mission and their mathematics, major bugs etc.) it should be released on the main server for fine-tuning. It would be better to fine-tune it on the main server because you would be testing it on a 'proper' server instead of just the test server.
Iamdoom
Iamdoom
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu May 03, 2012 7:34 pm

Iamdoom wrote:I would like airforce to be released soon, but I don't think we should release it incompleted. Personally, I think when the main parts are finished (types of mission and their mathematics, major bugs etc.) it should be released on the main server for fine-tuning. It would be better to fine-tune it on the main server because you would be testing it on a 'proper' server instead of just the test server.

not exactly sure what your definition of a "proper" server is, but I think that test is just fine for working out the kinks. just awaiting the rest to be released so I can full scale test all aspects of the update at the same time, instead of a bit here & a bit there.

besides unless you have dumped tons of $'s into this game there is no way that you have the necessary bank size needed to build all one needs to build BEFORE one can even begin building air force. (example the first con yard you need to build is 1 trillion, (that's right, I said 1 trillion kuwal).

if you have not done so then pop over to test & check it out, you should already have an account on test. I will help answer any questions you may have...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamdoom Thu May 03, 2012 7:44 pm

I am actually a bit confused about the test server. There dosn't seem to be a register page, and if I log in with my main server details it dosn't work. It might be a silly mistake or something I'm not sure.

By proper server I mean permaserver, or perhaps RA or Evolutions
Iamdoom
Iamdoom
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Thu May 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Iamdoom wrote:I am actually a bit confused about the test server. There dosn't seem to be a register page, and if I log in with my main server details it dosn't work. It might be a silly mistake or something I'm not sure.

Sounds odd.
I'm just tossing something at the wall here, but were you playing Aderan Wars before the Test server went up?
As I recall, everything from Main at that moment in time was carried over, basically splitting Main and Test in two (bit like a branching future thing those sci-fi writers like so much).
As a result, it could be new players might have some trouble getting into test.
(I have not been keeping up with the actual playerbase at any point in time, so I could be mistaken on this one)

Or maybe you changed passwords/login details in the meantime or something and it didn't carry over to Test.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu May 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Iamdoom wrote:I am actually a bit confused about the test server. There dosn't seem to be a register page, and if I log in with my main server details it dosn't work. It might be a silly mistake or something I'm not sure.

try this...

http://www.reset.aderanwars.com/?redirect=1

I log into test using my main login info, if you do get in, you can follow the prompts to change some things.

gamniac may have a valid point. & as I understand it test, main, RA, & the now dead evolutions are all on the same permaserver, (please do not hold me to this as I am not 100% sure).

I would send admin or kenzu a forum pm stating you are having issues getting into test & one or both can look into the problem...

might need to wait tho, as it would seem that one or both are having RL issues keeping them away from the game atm.

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Thu May 03, 2012 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri May 04, 2012 4:34 am

Accounts created after test was launched do not have automatic accounts on test, Admin will have to do a manual carry over I think.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri May 04, 2012 12:33 pm

can he not still register for test? there is a big green register button.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri May 04, 2012 2:13 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:can he not still register for test? there is a big green register button.

I don't know. Never tried.

But starting from scratch would kinna suck. Better then nothing tho.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Fri May 04, 2012 6:51 pm

He cannot register for test.

Guys, you still dont want the airforce released? How much longer do you want to wait?
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by mental Fri May 04, 2012 6:54 pm

When it is bug free and balanced would be ideal.
mental
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri May 04, 2012 10:02 pm

mental wrote:When it is bug free and balanced would be ideal.

^ what he said...

**Edit**

Keinutnai wrote:He cannot register for test.

this is sad & unfortunate, as anyone not experimenting in test is gonna get a real shock to the system. especially newer players who will not have that which is necessary to build air force once it hits main for several months after it is released on main. players in the same situation as IamDoom are gonna be so far behind by the time they get to the point of being able to build an air force may feel there isn't any way they can compete with those of us who have been playing 2-3 years now, & have had the benefit of test to get it figured out. jmo.

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat May 05, 2012 5:11 am

Keinutnai wrote:He cannot register for test.

Guys, you still dont want the airforce released? How much longer do you want to wait?

Till its done?

And WE WANT IT RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have for going on 3 years now.

Why don't you explain whats taking so long since last report it was days/a week away from release. What is the hold up? Whats the problem stopping it from being finished and released to test?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat May 05, 2012 7:07 am

It should be released when it is BUG FREE and BALANCED.

That is what the test server is primarily for, is it not? Removing bugs and balancing gameplay before it is released on the perm-server.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat May 05, 2012 7:11 am

As far as I know the test server has been bug free for a month already.

And I personally regard it as completed.
The only thing which you might regard as not completed is the bombardment mission, but the bombardment mission hasn't even been started, let's ditch it altogether.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat May 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Kenzu wrote:As far as I know the test server has been bug free for a month already.

The only thing which you might regard as not completed is the bombardment mission, but the bombardment mission hasn't even been started, let's ditch it altogether.

Classic.

And you can not figure out why people have issues with you when you say things like this.

As for ditching the income based attacks. I am to the point where I really no longer care. It has taken so long now its all just a pipe dream. Unfortunately the income based attacks is the "Only" part of the AF update that might make it worth the wait. Without it the entire update is rather fruitless and a waste. The only part of the update that actually adds something to the game is being able to attack buildings and income. If you want to scrap income attacks then lets scrape the entire AF update, make buildings attackable by ground troops and lets roll on as AF will add nothing to the game so it is therefore unneeded.

Test is not Bug free BTW, reported a new old bug that was suppose to be fixed but isn't yesterday, and why didnt you answer the question asked?

Nomad wrote:
Why don't you explain whats taking so long since last report it was days/a week away from release. What is the hold up? Whats the problem stopping it from being finished and released to test?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat May 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Kenzu wrote:As far as I know the test server has been bug free for a month already.

I saw we "DITCH" the whole air force update as I agree with everything nomad said. If you are gonna scrap part of the update, then the whole thing needs to be scrapped. jmo.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Sat May 05, 2012 7:54 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:

I saw we "DITCH" the whole air force update as I agree with everything nomad said. If you are gonna scrap part of the update, then the whole thing needs to be scrapped. jmo.
I really don't get how your brain works.
I always said that I want the airforce as it is and that I dont want to wait for anymore new missions. I want that the bombardment mission is ditched, not the whole airforce. Why would I want to give up on something I looked forward to for such a long time?
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down