Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merc Question

2 posters

Go down

Merc Question Empty Merc Question

Post by Nomad Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:34 pm

In the test server you can buy mercs. Right now there are 7 mercs per turn up for grabs.

My question is in reguards to the example in the tool tip that pops up when you scroll over [buying mercs] at the top of the merc market.
Example: If you offer to buy 10 attack mercs at 150,000 each and there is only 1,000,000 Kuwal in your bank then you will never recieve any mercs even if your offer is best

Now my question is, since only 7 mercs per turn are released is the "Kewal in the bank limit" based on the limit of mercs open to be hired? (in this case 7 per turn)

So if I make an offer for 100 mercs, do I have to have the Kewal for 100 mercs in the bank even tho I will only recieve 7 per turn?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Merc Question Empty Re: Merc Question

Post by Admin Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:39 am

the answer to the second question is: exactly
If the kuwal in your bank is less than the total value of your bid, then you can't receive any units at all.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:55 pm

OK, Well thats kinna counter productive but ok. It means people who are online 24/7 get the mercs they want when they want and those who only get 3 to 4 hrs online time get 21 to 28 mercs a day.

But atleast now I understand how it works, and maybe others will read this and understand as well.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:04 pm

why would you need to be online 24/7?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:16 pm

i have the capasity to buy 3K mercs, but dont have the bank space, EVEN tho my income would out pace the cost of the mercs since 7 per turn is all you can get, but by what I understand you saying, I cant put in an order for the 3K i can hold because i dont have room in my bank to buy all 3K.

Thats whats not making sense to me

if you want to order 3K

but only recieve 7 per turn

why are you limited by your bank size?

*Edit*

Let me try to better explain

[quote]Attack Mercenaries
7 Attack Mercenaries are for grabs next turn
Mininum Initial Payment: 150,000 Kuwal
Turn cost: 25 Kuwal[quote]

Now only 7 go per turn so the max you need is 7 * 150,000 = 1,050,000

Now to order 70 mercs you need 10,500,000 in your bank.

Why? most banks are not that big.

as it stands, who ever is online when mercs move can buy mercs every turn, anyone on just 2 or 3 hrs can only buy mercs 4 to 6 times and can only get 7 per turn.

im not saying its a bad idea or method, just wanted clarification as i have had orders for mercs and never gotten any but now I know why, dont order more mercs then your bank can hold at the time you order them.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:23 pm

ok, so how about you only offer to buy a few hundred considering that's how many you can get in a day even if you would get them each turn.

buying 3k mercs at a rate of 7 per turn => 9 days, i'm sure you could invest your money in a better way than having it lying in your bank.

i really fail to see the problem with putting up an offer for 350 mercs and then renewing it once per day
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:54 pm

Admin wrote:ok, so how about you only offer to buy a few hundred considering that's how many you can get in a day even if you would get them each turn.

buying 3k mercs at a rate of 7 per turn => 9 days, i'm sure you could invest your money in a better way than having it lying in your bank.

i really fail to see the problem with putting up an offer for 350 mercs and then renewing it once per day

And I agree, I dont have a problem with that other then my bank does not hold anywhere near that amount.

This is more about clarity, so people know how it works.

once the initial rush is over things will calm down, but at first you will see people online outbidding others by 1 kewal, but thats not really a bad thing either.

Like I said, more a clarity thing. Once this hits main I'm sure people will be asking why they can't buy mercs Wink
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:09 am

well not really much else i can do besides write it down on the same page
Admin
Admin
Admin