Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just an idea for TECHS

+4
fivel
mental
moky
stars
8 posters

Go down

Just an idea for TECHS Empty Just an idea for TECHS

Post by stars Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:08 pm

it would be very nice if it would be possible to switch around the tech percentage boosts, the way we do personal bonus points. The only thing that needs to be calculated in would be the cost differences per percent or the following.

Example:
pretend
100% atk tech
100% def tech
400% cov tech
100% asin tech

If say you invested up to 400% spy, but during war you wish to change it to 400% attack, you can switch percentages with attack and spy. Same logic as that 400% spy can swap with any of the other 3 techs. People will still people be required to invest into techs.
Reason for investing into other techs:
Example
100% atk tech
400% def tech
100% cov tech
100% asin tech

If you were to say switch from defense to offense, you probably do not want to suddenly loose a large chunk of defense to get offense (unless using for strategic matters when being on the offensive or defensive)

But each switch requires 24 hours before it can be switched again, so user must really want to switch around techs in matter of war.

P.S. Generate more supply turns please Smile and/or raise the cap Razz

stars
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : THE IMPERIUM EMPIRE
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Just an idea for TECHS Empty Re: Just an idea for TECHS

Post by moky Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:22 pm

For the idea for secondary techs:
1. changing 300% secondary techs in 24 hours is too many. Even the change of personal bonus is limited to 2 points per 7 days.
2. when a certain "technology" is researched, you don't simply get another technology by breaking up your current technology. In other words, people won't get an air-conditioner by breaking up a computer... too unrealistic.
3. implementing this system will make cooperation between players meaningless.

And no need to generate more supply turns, because:
1. Everyone has the same amount.
2. My supply turn storage is full when no one is selling cheap attack turn.

moky
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 16156
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by stars Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:32 pm

well lucky for you moky but I never feel I have enough Supply Turns.

Also If you have been in a war you will notice how fast they disappear

stars
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by moky Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:19 am

Off topic: tips on how to gain more ST:
Vote every 12 hours
Use market reserve to buy ST
Turn on overtime work condition

btw, ST are short in supply to prevent people going to war too often.

moky
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by mental Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:57 am

No they are in short supply to stop an account being able to mass entire alliances into oblivion Evil or Very Mad
mental
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by moky Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:20 am

That's the same thing. An alliance is destroyed when wars break out too often.

And what do you think about the suggestions on secondary techs?

moky
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by mental Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:42 am

I'd support a similar system if it were at a cost and resets were limited like the personal bonuses.
Say you can reset at a cost of ten percent on each stat you changed the tech of.
mental
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fivel Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:55 pm

you can't use market trades to buy ST
fivel
fivel
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 388
Alliance : Mujengan
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:14 am

fivel wrote:you can't use market trades to buy ST

Not directly, but you can use Market Reserves to buy ST
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by fivel Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:47 am

Yes you can, 50 ST every 2 days....
I use more than 50 st every 6 hours (only for farming at a 4.5 bil + profit), so if you think 50 ST / 2 days is enough it's just an opinion
fivel
fivel
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:14 pm

I dont understand, why you can't simply increase the other techs to what you want to have. I dont see an issue here.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:27 am

Kenzu wrote:I dont understand, why you can't simply increase the other techs to what you want to have. I dont see an issue here.

Cost maybe?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by stars Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:36 pm

So this can make the game slightly more challenging and add more perks. I feel like, if you increase techs you must efficiently increase all 4, but increase the ones you want the most. But if we are able to repurpose points it would totally change game strategies when going to war.

Also with some restrictions on how often it can be repurposed gives us choices and more strats. Be nice to see new things, and more ST so more fun can occur ingame rather that idle accounts.

Just saying.... For every 6 months this game continues, why not add an additional 1 Supply Turn per turn? To adjust to the economy of the game rather than keeping a thin line throughout? Thats like the game progressively gets worse as resources technically "shrink" , while everything around it inflates in prices?

Last edited by stars on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

stars
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by stars Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:41 pm

If you add something also new.

Collective alliance SUPPLY TURNS.

During war-time we can all dip into SUPPLY TURNS. 

Would be a nice idea if you guys love the idea of "ALLIANCE WAR" instead of always having 1 person attack at a time (Starting with the highest striker), all your active players can make a "joint force" attack on any enemy player. This then divides the cost of supply turns of all players. (To implement, make some sort of request button to give army control to commanders so that a commander can command everyones army and go for the initial strike, as if we are trying to take down an empire). 

Many different ideas and concepts can be thrown into this, instead of constantly just ignoring the fact that just building up stats is getting boring.

stars
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:07 pm

That last bit does sound interesting, but what about damage reports?
Attacking in twos and threes at a time is mainly done to soften up the target for the weaker members to land some hits.
If all players attacked the same target at once, the top players would still do decent damage, but everyone 20 ranks lower would end up plowing face first in a 12 digit defensive wall, hardly dealing scratch damage.
Then again, it might be possible to lump all participating armies together in one battle (insert "Zerg Rush" comment).
Things might get a little bit difficult to code and predict, what with having 10+ different Attack/Assassin/Spy Power and Tech levels acting in unison.

Not to mention giving quite a lot of power to one player.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by stars Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:05 am

To make it even more fun!!! New things can be implemented, using air force and building techs. Make an alliance WALL CONSTRUCTIONS  Page for fortification for ones alliance army while defending against the opponents forces. While Airforce can be used as offense/defense during an attack/defense against an opposing alliance strike.

Implementing a wall defense will allow a standing defensive chance against a COMBINED ALLIANCE ARMY ATTACK. Seeing all this in action when a true war break out will be MARVELOUS. 

Winners of wars can be truly determined, by seeing a full WALL be broken through, and armies slain. This collective action will allow all players to be more active yet have so much more fun!!! Also seeing alliance leader "GENERAL" run the alliance and control so much power. Also with SUPPLY TURNS, a bank for that should be made so that they are save up Supplies for when a war breaks out! Mostly the one who controls most of the Supply turns are Alliance Leaders, Generals, Commanders and so on in the ranks.

Hope kenny will bring this up to admin and new fun material can be added to spice things up.

stars
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:39 am

Well, your ideas are not without merit.
A defensive wall might be a better incentive for people to band together, considering the earlier mentioned Alliance Strike could also be used on the odd Lone Wolf. Whether this is a good thing depends on if you ask the Wolf or the Alliance. Then again, considering there aren't that many wolves to begin with...
One thing that does bug me is, once again, the balance of power. Becoming the/a General of an Alliance would quickly become a heavily contested position. Anyone not under command could end up being badgered into signing up or turned into a (specialized) Commando. It could also turn WR in a typical RTS like Command and Conquer, except it's text-based and the units or platoons in the field are actually other player and their armies.

On the other hand, it would give Alliances a new way to compete, letting a select group duke it out while the smaller fry could, theoretically, be left out of the crossfire until they can actually bring some influence to the field in later wars (i.e. their Techs don't suck). It would add some planning and management to a battle.

An Alliance bank might not be such a half bad idea. I suppose by saving up Supplies, you mean things like kuwal?
Alliances are already pooling together resources for/during wars, possibly an Alliance bank would make the whole thing easier to manage and more transparent (who got what and all that). Those with access to that Bank (Alliance Leaders) would have to manage their own backfield as well as the battlefield in front. Could open the way for political warfare (Boo!) and high-level spy games, though.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by stars Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:02 pm

alliances normally do not tend to gang up on a lonewolf, most people like 1v1. When that comes into play alliance strike and walls are obsolete

stars
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by fivel Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:48 pm

stars wrote:alliances normally do not tend to gang up on a lonewolf, most people like 1v1. When that comes into play alliance strike and walls are obsolete

1. on what planet are you leaving this days? 
2. when was the last 1v1 on aderanwars?
3. how many 1v1 have been since the start of this game?

after you answer this questions, maybe you will realize that what you've said have no sense...
fivel
fivel
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by stars Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:48 am

If you look at the challenges/war section there are a few people. Some do not make it public but yes there are 1v1 's out there. But yes I do agree if you are lonewolf, alliance strike should not be allowed, and should result back to how it was done currently. Alliance must initiate war in order to be able to do alliance strikes and so on. So it should be fine if it was implemented in that way.

stars
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by fivel Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:07 pm

i dont intend to be disrespectful in my posts(if they appear so, just dont mind the tone), at the challenges/war section there are a grand total of 13 threads, 1 unanswered and a few about who will reach to a certain army size, and in the  Personal Wars/Treaties section the last thread about a 1v1 was on Jun 24, 2011 (and this was about a rejected 1v1 proposal)

this being said, i think 1v1 are not that popular on this server, maybe on other MMO browser games you will find people to do a 1v1 (heck, i know more than a few were people battle in 1v1) 
fivel
fivel
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by stars Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:30 pm

ehh waste of energy, i think admin and kenny not even paying attention to this game much anymore

stars
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:49 pm

I unfortunately agree

Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse
Round 11 begins in: -54 Days - 0-12:0-48:0-10
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by fivel Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:33 pm

it's all dead around here
fivel
fivel
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:53 pm

stars wrote:it would be very nice if it would be possible to switch around the tech percentage boosts, the way we do personal bonus points. The only thing that needs to be calculated in would be the cost differences per percent or the following.

Example:
pretend
100% atk tech
100% def tech
400% cov tech
100% asin tech

If say you invested up to 400% spy, but during war you wish to change it to 400% attack, you can switch percentages with attack and spy. Same logic as that 400% spy can swap with any of the other 3 techs. People will still people be required to invest into techs.
Reason for investing into other techs:
Example
100% atk tech
400% def tech
100% cov tech
100% asin tech

If you were to say switch from defense to offense, you probably do not want to suddenly loose a large chunk of defense to get offense (unless using for strategic matters when being on the offensive or defensive)

But each switch requires 24 hours before it can be switched again, so user must really want to switch around techs in matter of war.

P.S. Generate more supply turns please :)and/or raise the cap Razz
I would agree to it if the change is slow and gradual.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down