Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ability/System/Process of increasing personal bonus

+3
Nomad
Halaryel
Admin
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ability/System/Process of increasing personal bonus Empty Ability/System/Process of increasing personal bonus

Post by Admin Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:52 pm

I invite all users to post their ideas and/or discuss posted ideas a system that would allow players to ultimately give the chance of receiving extra points they can use to increase their personal boost to attack defense covert or income.

I have a few ideas of my own some parts more thought through, some less, but I would like to know what others would like to see.

Before posting a new idea consider the following points:
Is the effort required adequate (not too much and not too little)?
How much time is necessary (even if resources would be unlimited to target player)?
What are the requirements?
Any financial/misc efforts necesary in order to progress?
How many points you get extra?
Any limits on how much you can develop one single stat?
Is there a limit on total amount of points players can acquire (even with unlimited time and resources)?
Did you think about your idea for more than 5 minutes?

I would like to stress that it is not a question of IF this will get introduced, it's only a question of HOW.

I would like to avoid seeing useless comments (A prime example is "That is a bad idea").
If something is bad then point out the reasons why and also if possible suggest improvements.
If everyone always only says no and looks for reasons to say no but doesn't look for reasons how to say yes then games will rarely evolve.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Ability/System/Process of increasing personal bonus Empty Re: Ability/System/Process of increasing personal bonus

Post by Halaryel Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:22 am

My idea is that instead of making income troops killable, they could produce different kind of ressources.

Main ressource would be "gold" (Kuwal)
Priest would enlight us therefore bring 2 personal point
Engineer make us stronger through science and bring 1 personal point
While labourer just produce ressources and bring 0 points.

We can see the 1st point cost 15 Kuwal/turn, while the 2nd point cost 10 Kuwal/turn. this should be reverted to 50/65/75 income respectively so the 1st point cost only 10 Kuwal/turn and second 15.

The personal point can not be traded to other players they would have to be spend into our avatar.

We would chose a avatar kind which would have different kind of bonuses. We would either show ourself as a god, a prophet, a dictator, a leader, etc, etc. This would give base personnal bonuses and other fun stuff (be a god would give more power to rpiest, be a dictator would yield less income from labourer because they starve but more power to your army).
Then you'd spend your personnal point in stats in a SGW ascended fashion.

regards.

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Ability/System/Process of increasing personal bonus Empty Re: Ability/System/Process of increasing personal bonus

Post by Admin Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:51 pm

not really what i was expecting, please read what I am asking for again.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Halaryel Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:32 pm

yet i haven't think about every aspect, just throwing the idea on how personnal point could be produced.

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:42 am

Halaryel wrote:yet i haven't think about every aspect, just throwing the idea on how personnal point could be produced.
I meant the personal points as in the 30 points you can distribute upon registering, and now suggestions for a system through which you can increase it higher
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:21 am

Admin wrote:I invite all users to post their ideas and/or discuss posted ideas a system that would allow players to ultimately give the chance of receiving extra points they can use to increase their personal boost to attack defense covert or income.

Ok, here goes. I propose you choose something similiar to "random events". These should be based around the stats they represent. Att, Def, Covert/Anti, income. You could possibly have 30 different "tasks" or maye 10 "tasks" with 3 levels each?

example,,,
Att. At a predetermined amount of Att power delieved in a single hit or within a 24 hr period you recieve 1 pt
Def. At a predetermined amount of Def power delivered in a single hit or within a 24 hr period you recieve 1 pt
Cov. At a predetermined amount of Cov power, sab/ass damage diliver or recived in 1 hit or 24hrs you get 1pt
Inc, At a predetermined income level, or at a trade amount(currancy or total trades) you recieve 1 pt

so all events could be 1 time events or the same event can yield 2 or 3 points total as the amounts increase. Say you get a point at 1 bill stike, another at 10 bill strike, and another at 100 bill. You can get points for massing with your strike, and for being massed as you use your defense. Covert and income the same

You can get points from good/positive actions, such as massing, sabbing, assasinating, and trading
You can also get points for bad/negative things, such as being massed, being sabbed, and getting assasinated.

This will cause people to use ALL parts of their accounts to gain Full points. It will force the peacefuls to war to gain the strike points. It will cause the Massers to build a def to get the defensive points, everyone will have to take the good and the bad with covert to gain all those points. Incomes will have to grow and trading done to get all of those. You can even tie some points to UP???

As for total points per class, I think that depends on the total allowed. I say if you have 4 catagories I think NO more then 50% should go to 1 stat. We have 30 now. 30 is allowed in a single stat now. So if you go to say100 total then 50 is all that should be allowed in 1 stat. If the points are limitless then I say no more then 50% can be one stat.

Just my suggestion.

Admin wrote:
Before posting a new idea consider the following points:
Is the effort required adequate (not too much and not too little)?
How much time is necessary (even if resources would be unlimited to target player)?
What are the requirements?
Any financial/misc efforts necesary in order to progress?
How many points you get extra?
Any limits on how much you can develop one single stat?
Is there a limit on total amount of points players can acquire (even with unlimited time and resources)?
Did you think about your idea for more than 5 minutes?
I think so as it requires you to use ALL areas of your account
I say a long time fram, year or more for max points but are potentially limitless.
They are set by you, and found by us, but all are stat power or stat use based
Yes, You have to actively use ALL areas of your account in both offensive and defensive measures
Mentioned above
mentioned above (But could honestly be limitless)
Honestly the original idea came to me in under 5 minutes but I have spent about 30 minutes typing and refining it.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:52 pm

interesting ideas but as of yet i see too many vague depictions of concepts and some easily abusable (or too easy to achieve, rendering the task pointless)

how would you determine how high those attacks have to be? cannot be static as what appears hard now will be a joke at all at a later stage in the game (it makes sense that the relative effort can become "less" over time to give newer players get an advantage, but what's the point if it's too easy)

About the part with having to mass, sab, assasinate, etc. do everything at least once, looks interesting but I'm afraid if that's part of the requirements then large people who don't want to upset other large peopel to get the bonuses will go hit smaller people. (yes i could just make it that you have to hit someone your size but that's just makes the whole process even more complicated, both in terms of coding and of understanding on the players part)

The part with getting massed, sabbed and assassinated well maybe worth a thought, but again, what would be the determining amount as to how much you need to loose
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:40 pm

Admin wrote:interesting ideas but as of yet i see too many vague depictions of concepts and some easily abusable (or too easy to achieve, rendering the task pointless)
Well honestly it all depends on it you want them limited or limitless. The requirements to get the points should be the same for all. Not cost more the later you start playing. Abuseable? I'm not sure I understand how, other then someone massing for no other reason,,,, and lets face it. That will happen sooner or later anyway. Main point is you need a reason to war, or you see wars of boredom. You do have many good and valid points. Perhaps some others can offer something to refine the idea?

Admin wrote:
how would you determine how high those attacks have to be? cannot be static as what appears hard now will be a joke at all at a later stage in the game (it makes sense that the relative effort can become "less" over time to give newer players get an advantage, but what's the point if it's too easy)
I disagree with you here. I'm not saying either is right or wrong. Its just 2 different ideas. I do think it should be static and it should be the same cost for all. Set the "points" FAR apart. make the gaps massive so there is no way you can gain them quickly. I mean in beta we have 2 min turns. 100 mill stats are common now but how long would that take in live? You have 30 points to start with. I don't see a need to gain any more for 6 months or more. and then set the 3rd point where you think stats may be in 1 yr after? IDK. You do have a point, we both do.

Admin wrote:
About the part with having to mass, sab, assasinate, etc. do everything at least once, looks interesting but I'm afraid if that's part of the requirements then large people who don't want to upset other large peopel to get the bonuses will go hit smaller people. (yes i could just make it that you have to hit someone your size but that's just makes the whole process even more complicated, both in terms of coding and of understanding on the players part)
Yes and No. I mentioned 2 different ways to do it. 1 is the total amount done in 1 attack. So that means you have to hit someone big to get it. the other is total damage done in 24 hrs. Now this might could be achieved massing 100 minor players or 10 sizeable ones. If they dont have the resources to mass 100 minors then it does force them to hit bigger. Either way I say these are very far apart as well.

Admin wrote:
The part with getting massed, sabbed and assassinated well maybe worth a thought, but again, what would be the determining amount as to how much you need to loose
Well thats where your wisdom of game mechanics comes into play. Thats all I could say there.

Just ideas, maybe some others can offer or evolve this idea.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:01 pm

hate to see that this discussion has died
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:46 pm

it's not dead as long as the issue is ongoing

why should anyone post if they have nothing to say?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:04 am

Admin wrote:it's not dead as long as the issue is ongoing

why should anyone post if they have nothing to say?

If no one has anything to say then its not much of a discussion.

Carry on mate.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:48 am

but it's still ongoing Razz even though on hold
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:19 pm

I think this should be similar to ascension in sgw, just that you don't get to play a second server.

In order to prevent what happened in sgw the cost of ascending must be dinamic.

So you take the top 100 accounts in every aspect (size, UP, income, etc) and you make an average, then you link the "ascending" requirements to those averages.

As was intended in sgw the cost should be massive .... for example 150% of the average size is lost in UUs, you need 1 week worth of average income of Kuwal .... something along those lines.

Now, like in sgw it should be a button to click if you want to ascend. After you have been asked again and again to confirm your choice you will entry in a 48h period (between 24h and 72h) in which you must ascend or else your account will suffer greatly (50% loss in UP, techs, levels, all supers die, etc .... something like that). You are told what the requirement are only AFTER you confirmed and confirmed and confirmed. In this 48h period you can not send brokers. Not sure about receiving resources ..... it would be tragic to miss the ascension for a minor ammount of UUs for example .... but they should be limited ..... 2-3 brokers for example.

I believe the maximum points should be like this
- attack 60 ..... 60% maximum bonus
- defense 80 .... 120% maximum bonus
- covert 80 ...... 160% maximum bonus
- income 200 ..... 30% maximum bonus

Total is 350, minus 30 you get at the start is 320. I would say you get 40 points / ascension, so maximum 8. Also the period between ascension should be set around 2 months .... this way preventing an alliance to boost an account to 8 ascensions ..... that account would clearly be way too powerful way too fast.

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarakai Kenpachi Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:31 am

I wouldnt suggest setting the bonuses above 30% max per stat.

my suggestion would be to offer another type of construction that will enable you to buy the points give a certain amount of time to build towards the increase. im thinking along the lines that if a city wants to increase its size it needs to plan and research methods of aquiring new ways of expanding.

you'd have to research something for every point you want to increase as i feel this would stop people from growing too fast and beyond others(just another way of leveling like the admin efficiency).

anyways ill put more thought into it later Very Happy
Zarakai Kenpachi
Zarakai Kenpachi
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:35 am

rflash wrote:I think this should be similar to ascension in sgw, just that you don't get to play a second server.

In order to prevent what happened in sgw the cost of ascending must be dinamic.

So you take the top 100 accounts in every aspect (size, UP, income, etc) and you make an average, then you link the "ascending" requirements to those averages.

This is a bad idea, because only older and larger accounts will be able to ascend. I mean a new account will never hope to ascend when we are 1 or 2 yrs old.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:49 am

You are wrong.

First .... this isn't sgw or other game with unlimited turns. Due to this fact the gap between big and small players won't be so dramatic .... you wont see here MS that cost in exces of 1 quad naq when it would take a good account over 1 year to make on it's own. (take an income of 30 bil / turn. 30*48*365=525 tril and that in the very unlikely scenario that he keeps all of that and he spends it all on MS)

Second ..... also unlike sgw and other games pretty much everything here is killable. Because big players are more often involved in wars, the effect will be a further reduction of the gap.

Third .... the cost must be dinamic .... in sgw I could train a monkey to make a new account and in 6 months that account would be an Ancient God. Don't you think is something wrong with this picture?

Forth ..... 100 was given as an example ..... as more and more players join the game this number will grow. It will probably be a % of active players and by active players I mean people who log in at least 5-6 times a week. The new players will have it easier to ascend, but not too easy.

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:27 am

I am playing with and strongly considering the idea of the 3 construction yard levels each giving a few points extra to distribute (maybe 3 points for level 1, 3 points for level 2 and 4 points for level 3).

Because currently when you build a new con yard level, the buildings it only unlocks still cost a fair bit more than the con yard itself but doesn't give you anything per se, this would actually give it a purpose to build it sooner.

Also the getting extra points will be a mix of static and dynamic costs.
The static as to give people who join later a chance to aquire at least some points so as to stay relatively competitive (although obviously by definition not at the same level as the guys who can afford to gain the bonuses which are a bit more costly).

However lets say if there would be a total of 70 points to be possible to acquire, maybe 20 will be with static costs which will get easier to achieve as time goes by, and the other 50 will be with dynamic costs.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:37 am

So, you`re going for a total of 100 custom points?

20 static points for building the Construction Yards
and
50 points with dynamic costs for the other buildings?

And the dynamic costs will be based on what? UP? Cos if it will be like that, will be little wrong/unfair... but tbh a good ideea. Someone who will join in a year (just an example), could have all the techs at a very low price, by having someone to send them the necesary kuwal before building UP; so the new players will be able to keep up the pase with those more advanced.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:07 pm

con yards will be only 10 points total, will think of the other 10 points for something else

and maybe might end up with 30 points from static costs and 40 points from dynamic costs.

about the dynamic costs probably something along what rflahs suggested, some % of top accounts will be taken and from that the costs calculated
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:21 am

just had an idea and wanted to throw it out there.

Allow a set amount of points to be "redistributable". Meaning if we have say 25 or 30 "RD" points, then we could move them to defense when in a defensive mode, and move them to att when in a agressive mode, or over to covert when needed,.

Now I say this should not be easy, and surely not a quick change. Say you can move 5 points a day? 1 point every 4 hrs?

this would allow for a shift of account "modes". But i dont want to see all points in attack, a massing, and all points in def immediately after, so thats why i suggest the set amount per day. I'm thinking 5 to 7 days to fully redistribute all the points.

Be nice if we had 50 "Set" and 50 "RD" points

Just an idea.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat May 16, 2009 1:08 am

any more ideas concerning this?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 16, 2009 5:19 am

no but i'm not in a rush
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Sat May 16, 2009 8:23 am

Well the Ideas Flash brought in are very interesting and make a good point. On sgw the ascended server(if it was done as intended) would be a good way to boost anybody who had at least ascended once.

I Propose another aspect at looking into that idea.

As example :

Income gets generated from 3 different types of IU (Income Units). As in real life these units have to specialize in what they do. Giving them either shorter time to generate higher income, 1 different tech or a system where these income units generate a new building to have a bunker for the killable IU. As in RL every specialty will have to get respezialized after a set period of time. As in such lets say 3 Months. If when the spiecialized stage gets upgraded there is a 3 months period to in such use it freely. After the 3 months there should be a size of account to cost ratio to specialize again. So in such a smaller player can build and does not have to worry that the cost goes up of his happily bought tech.

This idea can be brought into any sector of the game. Basicaly what I am suggesting is as used in RL. If you aquire something, after a while you have to resertify yourself in it again. this goes on all the time in RL. As in such the Bonuses change for a time of 3 Months. If after 3 Months these Bonuses do not get retrained then the Player for persay got 3 Bonus Points, will loose 2 and keep 1.

Well I think the Idea is not bad, but do not know how much work this will be. SO please consider my idea as something a non coder would think of sunny
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 16, 2009 11:16 am

really confused, you mean like after having a trained unit for i.e. 3 months or whatever time you would have to pay the training again (or some other kind of fee)?

didn't get thissuggestion at all Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Sat May 16, 2009 11:37 am

Admin wrote:really confused, you mean like after having a trained unit for i.e. 3 months or whatever time you would have to pay the training again (or some other kind of fee)?

didn't get thissuggestion at all Sad

nope do not have to pay the training again. it would be a limited upgrade. i.e. a miner produces 70 kuwal income. with a upgrade you would either get 20 kuwal more or lets say a bunker to protect your units in war(useful for killable units mainly income units though), etc. something like that. after 3 months the specialization needs to be renewed or not. If the specialization is renewed you have to pay in relation to your army size. depends on what the player wants to do. In such you can do that with any kind of unit you would like. so you could set a first release for income units or whatever. the bonus would be so in such be limited to a set time. Giving the game a different kind of aspect. A lot more strategy since you will be set to use the upgrades for 3 months or whatever time would be set upon release. The points you get though would not be lost completly. Lets say the 20 kuwal you get more from the bonus to miners would run out. Instead of then having a 70 income to the miners you would get 75 income to the miners. This could be set only to the ones that where trained before the upgrade or permant.

Hope that clears it up study scratch jocolor

Last edited by Magnus on Sat May 16, 2009 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next