Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for bugs in the test server

5 posters

Go down

Looking for bugs in the test server Empty Looking for bugs in the test server

Post by Kenzu Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:46 pm

I urge everyone, who reads this message to log in to the test server and look for bugs. Try to look for anything suspicious such as not spending money when buying something, the wrong picture being displayed, no tooltip existing for something, or something not working.

Try building and researching different things, give orders in different combinations, test all airforce missions, attack different players to test different circumstances.

The sooner all bugs are detected and solved, the sooner the airforce can be released on main. The best way to speed up this process is by actively looking for them. If you find anything, report them in the forum as usual.

Thank you!
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Looking for bugs in the test server Empty Re: Looking for bugs in the test server

Post by Nomad Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Wouldn't a complete update to be tested be needed first as well? We are still testing an incomplete update. Finish the update and you will see more testing. Many like myself are waiting for a finished product to test over burning all our time and energy testing an incomplete update.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Looking for bugs in the test server Empty Re: Looking for bugs in the test server

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:48 pm

I have found & reported several strange things already.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:07 pm

Nomad wrote:Wouldn't a complete update to be tested be needed first as well? We are still testing an incomplete update. Finish the update and you will see more testing. Many like myself are waiting for a finished product to test over burning all our time and energy testing an incomplete update.
Please explain why it is not finished? What is missing?

kingkongfan1 wrote:I have found & reported several strange things already.
Thank you!
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:29 am

Kenzu wrote:
Please explain why it is not finished? What is missing?

I was under the impression that more air force attacks would be forthcoming whereas one player could attack the income units of another player thusly disrupting the attacked players income. maybe I missed something about it, but that is what I am waiting on. if that particular attack has already been released then I cannot access it. or maybe it was pulled out of the air force update. I do not remember reading anything about it being pulled, just delayed... Anyway I dunno what all nomad is refering to but now you know what I am waiting on.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:37 am

Yes I was referring to the income based attacks. You also hinted to "upgrading" or "selling and buying" of AF units and munitions. That on hold or planned to be released soon? Would be hard to test if I burn all my lower generations since I can't buy more.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Nomad wrote:Yes I was referring to the income based attacks. You also hinted to "upgrading" or "selling and buying" of AF units and munitions. That on hold or planned to be released soon? Would be hard to test if I burn all my lower generations since I can't buy more.

that was the other thing, I had forgotten...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Nomad wrote:Yes I was referring to the income based attacks. You also hinted to "upgrading" or "selling and buying" of AF units and munitions. That on hold or planned to be released soon? Would be hard to test if I burn all my lower generations since I can't buy more.

I can't answer that question. Ask admin.

But if these two updates are the only ones that you are waiting for, then I really don't understand why you can't test everything else in the meantime. Because once the last two things you mentioned are added, and everything else was tested extensively these remaining ones be tested immediately and realeased as well. The attack that lowers your income is only one mission.

If everything what we have now works without problems, then I believe the other two things can be tested and realeased within one day.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:24 pm

bc things have been proven to be different in the text environment then production
It has happened many times that an update was release and BROKE other crap due to crappy implantation.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:39 pm

No one said we "can't"

I said I wont bother. Why burn out all my reserves? Then have nothing to test with? Why burn up all my lower grade/generation weapons, then not be able to test?

When the update is complete I will spent time FULLY testing it. I work very hard and for very long hours. I do not have "extra" time to spend testing small bits a pieces of a incomplete update. When it is complete I will do my testing and learning. Until it is complete I will simply do minimal testing.

Should I get free time I will do as I always do and poke around the outer edges and report any findings I think are out of sorts.

Why you bother to post in forums is beyond me. The 5 or 6 players here are always the ones bringing forth both problems and solutions. This should have been in a ingame message, but should be sent out AFTER the update is complete so it can be fully tested.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by mental Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:03 pm

I managed to return from vac and receive a large protection "Protected for 11,115,928 Minutes"

User ID 1021
mental
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:46 pm

Kenzu wrote:

I can't answer that question. Ask admin.

But if these two updates are the only ones that you are waiting for, then I really don't understand why you can't test everything else in the meantime. Because once the last two things you mentioned are added, and everything else was tested extensively these remaining ones be tested immediately and realeased as well. The attack that lowers your income is only one mission.

If everything what we have now works without problems, then I believe the other two things can be tested and realeased within one day.

responding to the part in bold & underlined...

I have already tested everything that has been released up to this point, found "oddities" that I reported, now I am awaiting the rest that is to come so that it can be tested, when all is released then testing of how everything works in conjunction with everything else will commence. until then, testing for me is at a standstill. (no sense in wasting resources on that which has already been tested imo...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down