Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newest changes 27-30 March

+2
Nomad
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Newest changes 27-30 March Empty Newest changes 27-30 March

Post by Admin Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:18 am

1) Spy log has been pretty much redone to display all relevant information
- Airforce inventory is INTENTIONALLY shown in a condensed manner for now (if successful, shows total sum of the particular category and highest generation currently built, even if it's only 1 piece)
- A complete inventory will either come as a separate mission or added to current spy mission in a decent easy to read form, in the next 24-48 hours (normal armory weapons will also be shown in a better "easier to calculate sabotage damage" manner)
- Information is now shown in groups, either you see all numbers in one particular table or not a single one. Groups are exactly as you see the tables (units, stats, buildings, airforce techs, normal techs, armory, airforce)

2) Starport, airforce Research and Spy Log now have fully functional image/no image layouts setup

3) Building starport automatically gets you 10 generation 1 sams and 100 sam rocktes

4) there's now 11 generations of units and munition. Power ratios go as follows 100%, 110%, .... 190%, 200%

5) Air Defense techs added, one for units and one for buildings. You start out with level 1 (100%) and can get to 11 (200%), reduces damage done by enemy airforce by that equivalent value (at level 11 your units/buildings will receive half the expected damage, at level 2 they will receive 10% less damage)
- currently only works on missions against ground forces (units), training facilities/weapon factories (buildings), air factories (buildings)

6) Trade broker by default now shows only latest 30 trades, page scrolling should work and on bottom of page below page listing, you have a link to display ALL trades ever made

7) construction queue increase cost changed to 100/250/450/350 gold (with max queue of 6 now)

8 ) changed layout a tiny bit (hospital went down to level 2 construction yard, was level 3 before) and redid construction speed on mass produced buildings

9) new pictures for airforce

UPDATE 30 MARCH
10) spy mission now will show exact airforce inventory, if there is anything to be shown (airforce summary would have to show something other than 0's) and you actually managed to spy their airforce (airforce summary doesn't show only ???'s)

11) reworked how reports are accessed. You have one main reports page (accessible through sidebar), it shows a summary of ALL missions against you and done by you (recon missions excluded)
From that page you can access the specific logs through obvious means with the correct links

12) added tabs at top to jump between different mission types similar to what the trade center/research/account options pages have and option to get back to all missions summary again

13) added search function to airforce missions and assassination misions

14) officer logs now also contain airforce missions, as well as search functions for airforce and assassination missions

15) officer logs are not shown as 3 separate links (strike, covert, assassin) but are now accessed through one link which leads to the same main reports page as one has now (obviously showing missions done against and by the officer), rest of the navigation is identical to the personal reports page

16) slightly changed what gets displayed as result in some report summary pages

Last edited by Admin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Newest changes 27-30 March Empty Re: Newest changes 27-30 March

Post by Nomad Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:39 am

Thank You for number 6.

Any way to kill the face book pictures and BS on log in page? That looks totally out of place, not to mention some of the pics shown are a bit on the racy side.

*edit*
Please clarify number 5. You say it can reduce the damage done to you by up to 50%. Now my question is specifically how does that effect the attacker? Since AF missions are designed to create = kewal losses, does that mean both attacker and defender loss 1/2 as much? Or does the attacker lose the full amount and the defender lose 1/2?

I would test this myself. but I lack the funds to buy all the levels, and my math skills are to weak to be accurate with small % such as 10 or 20%.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:22 am

Changes are looking good so far however I have noted the following issues

1. Construction Page - Aircraft Hangers - Cost is still incorrect.

2.Research Centre - Airforce Techs - Sam Systems display a Remaining value of -122,932,943,408 Kuwal and the green bar extends into the Fighter Research area. Clicking on the Sam Systems Upgrade button results in the following message "You invested -122,932,943,408 kuwal into SAM technologies" however nothing else happens

3. Spy log changes are good however I still do not see a lot of point in having the power of the 4 different airforce types being rolled up into a single Airforce Action figure. I think it would have been more beneficial and informative to to have the power of the different airforce types displayed

Last edited by Manleva on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:15 am

hmmm
So i guess this means i will need to change the spyop and other stuff on tool site
Oi, maybe time to kill that litttle project

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Manleva wrote:Changes are looking good so far however I have noted the following issues

fixed it for good now

2.Research Centre - Airforce Techs - Sam Systems display a Remaining value of -122,932,943,408 Kuwal and the green bar extends into the Fighter Research area. Clicking on the Sam Systems Upgrade button results in the following message "You invested -122,932,943,408 kuwal into SAM technologies" however nothing else happens
fixed it for you, came from changing the levels

3. Spy log changes are good however I still do not see a lot of point in having the power of the 4 different airforce types being rolled up into a single Airforce Action figure. I think it would have been more beneficial and informative to to have the power of the different airforce types displayed
you aren't the only one, I am 90% sure i'll be splitting at least sam power away from airforce, i'm not sure i'll split helis, fighters and bombers into separate stats though

seaborgium wrote:hmmm
So i guess this means i will need to change the spyop and other stuff on tool site
Oi, maybe time to kill that litttle project
I could tag the specific tables with ID labels easily now

but display is much easier now since you see info in groups anyway

Nomad wrote:Thank You for number 6.

Any way to kill the face book pictures and BS on log in page? That looks totally out of place, not to mention some of the pics shown are a bit on the racy side.
not too sure I agree there, but will look at other options, since it's fairly subjective

*edit*
Please clarify number 5. You say it can reduce the damage done to you by up to 50%. Now my question is specifically how does that effect the attacker? Since AF missions are designed to create = kewal losses, does that mean both attacker and defender loss 1/2 as much? Or does the attacker lose the full amount and the defender lose 1/2?
attacker uses the same amount of munition as before, defender simply loses less

I would test this myself. but I lack the funds to buy all the levels, and my math skills are to weak to be accurate with small % such as 10 or 20%.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:00 pm

that is quite impressive what has been done with the spy logs page, very cool in my opinion.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:24 pm

Nomad wrote:Thank You for number 6.

*edit*

What do you mean by what I marked red? Do you mean racist?

Each increase in munition level by 1 will destroy 10% more buildings/units
And each increase in buildings/units level will decrease the amount of destroyed buildings/units by 10%.

So if someome increases by 1 level, and you also increase your defense by 1 level, losses will remain the same.
The more levels ahead you are against your opponent, the better for you. Each 1 level ahead corresponds to 10% advantage.

Examples:
Level 1 bombs against level 1 buildings. You destroy 100 kuwal (of buildings) for each 100 kuwal you lose (on bombs)
Level 4 bombs against level 1 buildings. You destroy 140 kuwal (of buildings) for each 100 kuwal you lose (on bombs)
Level 4 bombs against level 4 buildings. You destroy 100 kuwal (of buildings) for each 100 kuwal you lose (on bombs)

Manleva wrote:Changes are looking good so far however I have noted the following issues

Would you want all airforce types and all ammunition types displayed in the same spylog, or do you want 2 different spy missions for that? Admin already said that he is going to add also detailed info on airforce.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:57 pm

@ Kenzu,,,,
Spoiler:

@ Martin,,,,
I am not a FB user so to me its useless. I understand many do use it so having the FB link there is fine with me, but I do not understand the need to have peoples pictures and profiles on the log in page. What possible purpose could there be for it?

@ Kenzu again,,,

Thanks for the attempt. Martin explained it already and correctly. Your explanation did not address the question at all and is completely irrelevant to the conversation. Next time please at least attempt to answer the questions asked. A correct explanation from you would have been about an attacker striking buildings with defensive upgrades stronger then their attack upgrades. Such as a strike using gen 5 weapons against buildings or units with gen 10 defensive technologies. That would have actually contributed to the conversation. I still fail to understand why you feel the need to speak to me at all unless directly asked, especially after The Game Admin Martin has already explained and answered the question asked. I am beginning to feel like your intentionally stalking me.

@ Martin again,,,,,
I look forward to testing this,,, but just from a beginning view standpoint it sure seems very skewed to the defensive side. I mean overall I like it for the most part, but find it odd that you want = losses for both sides but have now made it possible for the attacker to lose 4 times as much then the defender. Seems the defensive techs are a fraction of the price of the attack techs, but I am just at the lowest few so that may change and I hope it does to somewhat even it out.

@ Manleva,,,
I totally agree. When attacking you want to know the make up of the opposing AF so you know how to build your own to match it. Not knowing the strength of the offensive and defensive units in the AF is,,,, well,,,,, foolish at best. There is a massive difference in facing a balanced AF over facing one with all Fighters. I mean each AF attack sends a certain piece of weaponry against a certain target. Why would anyone mount an attack not having a clue what they are up against? I still wonder why an all out attack on all fronts is not an option, but Martin has said it will not happen and I respect that even if I do not understand.

I notice on my report it offers no AF power, but it gives a tech level for each unit and munition, and protection level for units and buildings, and it gives a specific count of units and munitions of the AF. It looks pretty good to me as it appears presently.

*******Note
A fresh spy op shows some problems, maybe Admin is in there working?
SAMs: Units: Q (0)
Munition: Q (0)
Fighters: Units: Q (0)
Bombers: Units: Q (0)
Helis: Units: Q (0)
Protection: Units 0 | Buildings 0

I know this person has high generation levels from past attacks

Airforce & Air Defenses
SAM
0 Fighter
8,040 Bomber
3,224 Heli
Missile
0 Missile
73,103 Bomb
40,837 Missile

I am fairly sure he has SAM sites, and the other person I spied shows 0 as well. Well a 3rd spy op of someone who has confirmed the presence of SAM sites proves there is a display issue with SAM sites in Spy Ops.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:16 pm

tbh admin I think I would have to redo the whole system if you changed it the way I think.
Its been a long time since I last was on test to even look.

My time is coming to a close with online games, this is one of the few left I play.
RL time commitments I am losing more and more free time.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:25 pm

seaborgium wrote:tbh admin I think I would have to redo the whole system if you changed it the way I think.

My time is coming to a close with online games, this is one of the few left I play.

That's bad, because I liked your toolsite.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Kenzu wrote:
seaborgium wrote:tbh admin I think I would have to redo the whole system if you changed it the way I think.

I agree, it will be a great loss if it is lost Crying or Very sad
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:

I agree, it will be a great loss if it is lost Crying or Very sad

I agree, not just about the loss of the tools site, but at the loss of a great player & leader as well.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Nomad wrote:
@ Martin again,,,,,
I look forward to testing this,,, but just from a beginning view standpoint it sure seems very skewed to the defensive side. I mean overall I like it for the most part, but find it odd that you want = losses for both sides but have now made it possible for the attacker to lose 4 times as much then the defender. Seems the defensive techs are a fraction of the price of the attack techs, but I am just at the lowest few so that may change and I hope it does to somewhat even it out.
I think you then misunderstood how this whole defensive techs business works
They do not affect AF vs AF battle parts (sam,fighters,helis,bombers)
They only affect the part that comes AFTER that helis/bombers vs ground units/factories/hangars+af
In this second part, before the update, the attacker could have had a kill rate between 100 and 200%. Now it's changed to 50% to 200%
(50% if attacker has generation 1 bombers and defender has generation 11 defenses, and 200% if attacker has generation 11% bombers and defender has generation 1 defenses)

I dont see how you got to "4 times as much"

I notice on my report it offers no AF power, but it gives a tech level for each unit and munition, and protection level for units and buildings, and it gives a specific count of units and munitions of the AF. It looks pretty good to me as it appears presently.

I am fairly sure he has SAM sites, and the other person I spied shows 0 as well. Well a 3rd spy op of someone who has confirmed the presence of SAM sites proves there is a display issue with SAM sites in Spy Ops.
I will check the display on sams and as explained you will receive an option somewhere to see a DETAILED enemy inventory of their airforce
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:39 am

Admin wrote:

I think you then misunderstood how this whole defensive techs business works
They do not affect AF vs AF battle parts (sam,fighters,helis,bombers)
They only affect the part that comes AFTER that helis/bombers vs ground units/factories/hangars+af
In this second part, before the update, the attacker could have had a kill rate between 100 and 200%. Now it's changed to 50% to 200%
(50% if attacker has generation 1 bombers and defender has generation 11 defenses, and 200% if attacker has generation 11% bombers and defender has generation 1 defenses)

I dont see how you got to "4 times as much"

=========================================================================================================
I will check the display on sams and as explained you will receive an option somewhere to see a DETAILED enemy inventory of their airforce

You are right, I see where I got confused.

TY for the detailed inventory that is to come.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Nomad wrote:TY for the detailed inventory that is to come.
It's ready, simply not yet uploaded though, redoing some other partially related stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:22 am

Cool.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:36 pm

uploaded my 20 hours of work and calling it a day, see first post for details
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:38 am

Looks good so far Martin, good days work, now go get some rest.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down