Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commanders & vacated officers...

4 posters

Go down

Commanders & vacated officers... Empty Commanders & vacated officers...

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Ran across a player who has an officer that is on vacation, (I happen to know that the player on vacation has been gone for quite some time now). Now we all know that once you put your acct on vacation everything freezes, no more income, no more unit production, etc, etc... having said that my question is below, in 3 parts.

1) Does a commander who has an officer who has vacated, still recieve UU from the vacated officer whilst at the same time paying said officer for those UU?

2) if the answer to #1 is no, what if any is the benefit to keeping a long term vacated officer?

3) if the answer to #1 is yes, why? 0% of 0 = 0 last time I checked... (of course I am not a math whiz)

stumbled across this scenario recently & just had to ask about it... you know what they say about curiosity... lol.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Commanders & vacated officers... Empty Re: Commanders & vacated officers...

Post by Nimras Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:29 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:Ran across a player who has an officer that is on vacation, (I happen to know that the player on vacation has been gone for quite some time now). Now we all know that once you put your acct on vacation everything freezes, no more income, no more unit production, etc, etc... having said that my question is below, in 3 parts.

1) Does a commander who has an officer who has vacated, still recieve UU from the vacated officer whilst at the same time paying said officer for those UU?

2) if the answer to #1 is no, what if any is the benefit to keeping a long term vacated officer?

3) if the answer to #1 is yes, why? 0% of 0 = 0 last time I checked... (of course I am not a math whiz)

stumbled across this scenario recently & just had to ask about it... you know what they say about curiosity... lol.

The answer is yes.

While 1 of my officers was on VAC did my total UP not drop at any time and the pay to officers was the same all the time.

When he came back nothing changed at all.

So yes you pay him/her and get the benefit as well.

Even tho the officer on VAC loose the Kuwal you send and gain no UU either or thats a guess I never checked when he came back if he got what I have send in his period on VAC.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:53 pm

I think this was brought up before, and yes was the answer, and Admin said thats the way it was suppose to work even tho many players felt(and still feel like) it was an exploit.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:12 pm

Because of inflation, it eventually works out. Your officer may eventually have too low a UP to maintain. It works the other way around as well, with a vacated CO.
His rates may become too low in the end as he does not grow and you do.
Maybe it would be more fair if an officer/commander relation would break after one month of inactivity. Same for alliances.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:58 am

something should be done, but then again there are many exploits just like this one that should be fixed but admins feels they are acceptable and planns to leave them in the game.

Why have an AT production limit and then have 2 or 3 ways to legally bypass it?

Why have bank size restrictions and then have 2 or 3 ways to bypass it?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Nomad wrote:something should be done, but then again there are many exploits just like this one that should be fixed but admins feels they are acceptable and planns to leave them in the game.

Why have an AT production limit and then have 2 or 3 ways to legally bypass it?

Why have bank size restrictions and then have 2 or 3 ways to bypass it?

Lol ohh there are many more stuff like this don't get me startet.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down