Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glory to get SS

+4
Nomad
Admin
chaos
cjl
8 posters

Go down

Glory to get SS Empty Glory to get SS

Post by cjl Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:52 pm

I believe it would give a stupidly unfair advantage if the only way to get Supporter status is by paying. I think you could implement something like being in the top so many percent of active rankings for so long and use points gained from this to purchase things such as trading ability.

Just my thoughts Very Happy

cjl
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Alliance : Hounds of War- Leader
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Glory to get SS Empty Re: Glory to get SS

Post by chaos Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:15 pm

or you could get someone to buy you the ss in return for 'ingame' resources.

plus in a while, and to an extent today, it would be hard for a lot of people to jump straight into the page 1 of the battlefield, and then stay there.

dont forget 2 post mre ides peeps
chaos
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:28 pm

That's one of the reasons why you will be able to get the trading benefits alone for just 10$. (as of today i'd guess thats equal to a few hundred at's or so or one or two k uu's, definitely not more, but yeh, that'll be for players to decide what they ask or give)
Once it's released there will be people who will be prepared to buy it for others in exchange for ingame resources.

The trade broker will support such trades to be processed without any risk for both parties.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cjl Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:31 pm

Okay, its just that i dont feel that it's right that some people canuse real life money to give themselves an advantage that other people can't get through sheer work and determination

cjl
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:35 pm

cjl wrote:Okay, its just that i dont feel that it's right that some people canuse real life money to give themselves an advantage that other people can't get through sheer work and determination
Allowing people to buy their way up to the top would have 2 adverse effects.
People will get annoyed with the game and I get less money in the long run

So I think it's logical to assume there will be limits put in place how much SS'es you can buy (even for other people) in a period of time.

Although I know a good amount of people would have fun declaring war on those who buy their way to the top Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cjl Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:36 pm

okay then. thanks for clearing it up. Wink

cjl
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:12 pm

Well I'd just like to say that "Supporter Status" is just that, someone who supports the game and help keeps it running. Therefore I don't have a bit of problem with $$ being the only way to get "SS".

That said, I do feel that any base ability in the game should be open and avalible to all by means of hard work and dedication.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:30 pm

There should be no problem with other people buying SS for you in exchange for some of your resources.

(Aderan wars should make it possible for everyone to trade resources for SS as well as simply trade real currency (maybe USD equivalent) for ingame resources with each other. The trade will be safe and will prevent scams, since both resources will be transfered in one go, Aderan Wars being the medium safeguarding riskfree trading.)
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd of a few Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:39 am

you guy's put so much into these things my idea would be that it be possible to get the trading ability some other way then paying i love admins idea of supporting trading in the market but i think that it would be a very limited market people would ask for to much etc i would personally like to be able to trade without paying but it is a fact that admin would make more money i recently had 8 diffrent textbased games send me there books and i found that games that have exclusive member only features make alot more money where as outher games would have good months and bad ones and in extreame cases didnt make server cost but i cannot by law say anything else

2nd of a few
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:15 am

2nd of a few wrote:you guy's put so much into these things my idea would be that it be possible to get the trading ability some other way then paying i love admins idea of supporting trading in the market but i think that it would be a very limited market people would ask for to much etc i would personally like to be able to trade without paying but it is a fact that admin would make more money i recently had 8 diffrent textbased games send me there books and i found that games that have exclusive member only features make alot more money where as outher games would have good months and bad ones and in extreame cases didnt make server cost but i cannot by law say anything else

which games have exclusive members only?
You mean they cannot play if they don't pay?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:27 am

he said exclusive member features, and i hate to repeat myself but:
1) you don't need to pay real money to have trading ability, you can give someoen resources and they will donate for you. You will face no risk if you use the trade broker

2) there will be "donator only" features
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Lachance Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:58 am

i have to disagree with this for a score of reasons,
as pointed out by an ealier post supporter status is for those who have supported the site with cash, whether ppl like it or not is a different matter, admin has to make some money to keep the game running... after all theres alot of work in these sort of games...

however, if ppl wanted trading rights, why not have a section in the market where you could purchase these things?
say for the 10$ basic package, you could either pay for in resources (the average that players shoudl be charging) or you could utilise say 50 market reserves for it, (market reserves way will take around 100 days to convert and save) for all you blood, sweat and tears types or for the resources package the resources will go directly into the market for players to buy from their allowing the market to steadily grow as well as the server?

this way you get what you want, havent been ripped off by someone charging excessive amounts AND its a base cost determined on the games progress and development.

personally i feel that the current structure of either paying cash for it or trading someone ingame for it is a tried and tested means and am happy with the way things are atm.... i bought the basic package while im out of work and will upgrade to the vip package once i can afford it ........and for the basic package its the same cost as if you wanted to buy a 48 hour ppt so its not alot.

as for not having any means to do so, if you hold a bank account then you have a means since paypal can link to bank accounts as well credit / debit cards...

Lucien Lachance
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : The Dark Brotherhood,
Cheydinhal Sanctuary,
Cyrodil
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:03 am

the thing with lets say 50 market reserves is a nice idea however there would still have to be a normal resource cost involved and it would have to be significant.

A cost only tied to market reserves wouldn't be enough because someone could just make a bunch of multies via proxies and then get cheap ss after a few months just logging in once a week to transform MT's into MR's.

Problem with extra features isn't how much they would make game more enjoyable, the problem is how to make them so that abuses can be limited to the maximum
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Lachance Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:50 pm

whatever you feel is best for the game, i was only giving an alternative, but if you do use it then fair play...
(but i want a cut for suggestion....loooool

Lucien Lachance
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : The Dark Brotherhood,
Cheydinhal Sanctuary,
Cyrodil
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by october 17 Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:40 am

i like the glory idea but i dont think it would have to be based purly on being in the top 100 yes that would give points but being number 1 should give more and being number 1 in individual stats should also give more (with a combo effect) and the cost should be high (and a recorce cost)
october 17
october 17
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 50
Alliance : world republic
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content