Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protection bug

3 posters

Go down

Protection bug Empty Protection bug

Post by Kenzu Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:14 am

If you buy a 2 day protection, then a 1 day protection and then another 1 day protection,
you will spend: 5 Market reserves + 10 Market trades (2x5),
but you will get only a 1 day protection

Another problem is when you simply buy two 1 day protections. you pay a total of 10 Market trades but receive only 1 day protection.

This is a very big problem, especially if you go somewhere for a holiday. Maybe you will be away for one week, and all you could do in the present situation is to save 2 days of your income (but only if it automatically goes into your bank as soon as the protection ends), if not, you save nothing! Furthermore your defense will be devastated and anyone can easily mass you and destroy you completely, and they can destroy your economic units too, especially when you have workers or miners.

This will also prevent people with no RL to sit all day long on aderan and lurk to find people who go out of protection and don't log in before hand to deposit their income. The idea behind aderanwars is to have fun, and not to be forced dedicating all free time for it! People who have other hobbies, study hard or work shouldn't be punished, while a handful of fanatics will take all advantages of being online 24/7.

(Players who used their turns to be protected will not be deprived of the income they produced and paid for to be protected)

I propose that protections should add up and at the end of the period it will be deposited, so that if I go somewhere for one week I will not end up with a devastated defense and no money in the pocket, but instead even though I will be farmed for 3 days, I will have kuwals in the bank from 4 days protection and can use them to repair my weapons and build up a little bit.

Last edited by Kenzu on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Protection bug Empty Re: Protection bug

Post by Admin Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:55 pm

no bug everything works as it should
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:51 pm

This works the same in all games .... if you buy X protections one after the other you just end up with the last one .... so to get protection you must log in before the actual one expires and get a new one.

If you can not there is also vacation mode Wink

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:58 pm

rflash wrote:This works the same in all games .... if you buy X protections one after the other you just end up with the last one .... so to get protection you must log in before the actual one expires and get a new one.

If you can not there is also vacation mode Wink

Aderanwars is a game, too awesome to be compared to other games.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:54 pm

well the adding up is i think no problem, often enough people go away for a whole weekend which means a 2 day protection won't cover them.

So the adding up protections is ok. it won't change how often people can go on protection but give them a bit more freedom (but also with every resulting consequence)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:46 pm

So let's have this topic locked now.
Kenzu
Kenzu