Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raising Starting Armies

5 posters

Go down

Raising Starting Armies Empty Raising Starting Armies

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:49 pm

I think there should be an increase in the starting army size and all accs that are under the new set limit have their army size raised too. I was thinking 250k as a new starting point with an acc setup of this:

Attack Soldiers: 5k
Defense Sodliers: 10k
Spies: 20k
Assassins: 15k
Farmers: 100k
Workers: 0
Miners: 100k
Spy/Assassin lvl 2240
Weapon lvl 9
ATs: 4,000
STs: 1,000
RAW: 5,000

I also think all lvl 1 building should be built with all techs raised to 125%

This may seem like a huge boost but I believe that with all the new people coming in, that this will give them more incentive to play, thus leading to more activity (and money Razz)

This will also, lead to more farms/raids considering the increased income/up.

Discuss Smile

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Raising Starting Armies Empty Re: Raising Starting Armies

Post by Nomad Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:17 pm

I am fine with this
Defense Sodliers: 10k
ATs: 4,000(if these HAVE to be used, not traded or sold)

I am not fine with this
Spy/Assassin lvl 2240
Weapon lvl 9

The cost for those beginning levels and buildings are practicly nothing, there is no need to start them at these levels. If you are you might as well just remove everything below they from this point on.

I do think starting points are to low, and some "seeding" of existing accounts would not be bad if done correctly.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:27 pm

Nomad wrote:I am fine with this
Defense Soldiers: 10k
ATs: 4,000(if these HAVE to be used, not traded or sold)
i think they can/should be used for whatever they see fit, minus the selling part

I am not fine with this
Spy/Assassin lvl 2240
Weapon lvl 9

The cost for those beginning levels and buildings are practicly nothing, there is no need to start them at these levels. If you are you might as well just remove everything below they from this point on.

I do think starting points are to low, and some "seeding" of existing accounts would not be bad if done correctly.

I suppose you are right. Btw, all the soldiers must be unarmed and have their bank full like normal if this is to work properly.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:29 pm

A small player can quite easily catch up and the first 9 levels are actually quite cheap to research. All he needs to do is farm a little bit.

But there was an update. New players start with some attack weapons, which means they can start farming inactives straight away.

PS: RAW UP is important in determining activity of a player, so its a good idea not to touch it. Also if you invite new players to play, you will gain some bonus if they reach certain up. Modifying it would complicate things.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:37 pm

yes i realized that already but the point i was tryin to get across is 3k army size?? especially when they see people at over 1mil fairly soon after they start in the lower ranks may deter some of the potentially active players away from the game.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:02 pm

But if they have a population of 3.000 and after one month they have 500.000 this can be a good incentive, since they can see a big progress they make.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:07 pm

yes that is true but i still think can use a little bit more of a boost. still doesnt seem right that they start so far behind in a game (that has never changed the starting values as far as i know) that has been going on for some time now. avg army size 11.5mil? when they see that they will be like WTF.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:yes that is true but i still think can use a little bit more of a boost. still doesnt seem right that they start so far behind in a game (that has never changed the starting values as far as i know) that has been going on for some time now. avg army size 11.5mil? when they see that they will be like WTF.

actually it did change. As far as I know first everyone was starting with 30 population. Then after a couple months this has been changed to a value that increases each day. At some point, maybe after half a year of playing, it has been increased from then 600 to a stable 3040 population. Then roughly 1 month ago, newly registered players are also given a couple knives for attack.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:40 pm

when you can raid one time and gain your entire army size. then that is not very big now is it

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Kingofshinobis, how about players start with same population, but will have more AT so that they can farm and raid more when start playing?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:13 pm

I like the idea. Hence why in the first post I suggested 4k AT and 1k ST to help them get started in AW.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:46 pm

I like the idea myself as well, AT can be sold as well for a nice profit to start with. The biggest problem is can they be abused?

I do think having to wait days to even get enough ST or AT to farm and raid is a bad idea in the long run, but I know why it is that way.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:52 pm

just how exactly can they be abused? you can't even trade OR buy them without buying at least a $5 SS. What possible problem could there be? something i am missing?

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:57 pm

It was a question mate.

I see only 1 abuse possible, and I do believe that is checked for already. That is a new account is made, it farms, and all it resources then "taken" from it.

I know you know what I mean.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:01 am

yeah but im sure with the new update admin would be keeping a lookout for these things. i sure would hope he wouldnt allow such a thing to happen. as i can see from the ban list, he does not lol. "and they left all the resources open for someone to get lucky" is not a viable excuse imo.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 am

give the new accounts locked uu then.

make em un-untrainable.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 12
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:06 am

Mystake wrote:give the new accounts locked uu then.

make em un-untrainable.

i was thinking more about the 4K AT that can be used to farm, and then the account get hit for the kewal. But you raise a fine point on the UU as well.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:47 am

I do think the best way will be more turns now.

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:just how exactly can they be abused? you can't even trade OR buy them without buying at least a $5 SS. What possible problem could there be? something i am missing?

here a way of it to be abused:

a player will make many multies, farm with them and then leave the kuwal out to farm it with some other account, in the false hope that admin will not notice it. And then admin has to waste time on banning this player instead of using his time in a more usefull manner.

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:yeah but im sure with the new update admin would be keeping a lookout for these things. i sure would hope he wouldnt allow such a thing to happen. as i can see from the ban list, he does not lol. "and they left all the resources open for someone to get lucky" is not a viable excuse imo.

I know at least 1 instance where players got banned for doing this. So I know it is being checked and potential cheaters flagged for admin.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:21 am

Kenzu wrote:I do think the best way will be more turns now.

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:just how exactly can they be abused? you can't even trade OR buy them without buying at least a $5 SS. What possible problem could there be? something i am missing?

here a way of it to be abused:

a player will make many multies, farm with them and then leave the kuwal out to farm it with some other account, in the false hope that admin will not notice it. And then admin has to waste time on banning this player instead of using his time in a more usefull manner.

thats fine and dandy but there will always be some abuse to an extent with any update like this. it is bound to happen regardless. someone is going to think they can cheat the system. they get cought by other players. tells admin or admin already knows.

im not saying it wouldnt stress admin out a little but i mean is it really that hard to do or something? i am still not seeing a viable excuse for why this hasnt been done already

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:30 pm

just make the account have 500k of locked miners or something so that they can't untrain them, ever.

it'd be easy to code in too.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 12
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by kaiballz Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:58 am

PS: i think the implementation of more ATs would be AWESOME cos right now i'm already digging out my eyeballs waiting for more AT (and since i think i get 2 per half hour i have to wait 2.5 hrs to get 10 for a good hit)

My reason: the first few days are the more important parts for any player's lives because thats when u come in all fresh and enthusiastic and spend 3 hours a day on the game looking for potential targets and a lack of AT can quickly put a dampener on that. So please give us new players more ATs so theres something to do! (I have a list of 3 pages of juicy inactives now and no AT to use them on XD i discovered trading in the trade center for AT but now i realised i'm running out of market trades too ><)

PS: i'm just a noob! don't flame me X.X

Edit: and i hope i dont seem like a greedy little douche for asking for more ATs, i really think it will help the game get more players too! Atm i think that should be an important goal.. (by get more players i mean keep new guys who come in cos we all know alot of them come and leave after awhile... btw this emoticon is epic affraid )

kaiballz
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:16 am

you raise some good points kai. i dont know if you know or not but there are options to "vote" for newly registered players which will raise your ATs, give you free kuwal, and give starters some ST to boot. How awesome is that Razz. Though I agree, ATs need to be raised for new players

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:18 am

Is the GM open to all or still just those with SS?

I said in the other thread that personally I think more start of ST and AT is a good thing as long as its implemented correctly.

If 2000ST and 6000AT are "full" I think starting point should be 1/2 or so.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kaiballz Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:21 am

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:you raise some good points kai. i dont know if you know or not but there are options to "vote" for newly registered players which will raise your ATs, give you free kuwal, and give starters some ST to boot. How awesome is that Razz. Though I agree, ATs need to be raised for new players

Yup i'm voting everyday now, thanks for the heads up though! yeap its really really awesome, its my main source of ATs now, i use ATs too fast >< wasted a bunch at the start attacking for like 300+m but now i know i can get more so its all good =) better late than never!

and yup i just hope i helped, cos like in the past games i played its always nice to have new players views so the veterans such as yourself can see the world of AW thru the eyes of new players like me too!

kaiballz
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down