Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance Chat & Alliance Bank

+8
kingkongfan1
Manleva
Mystake
seaborgium
Nomad
Admin
Kenzu
ian
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Alliance Chat & Alliance Bank Empty Alliance Chat & Alliance Bank

Post by ian Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Hey admin.

*Please* can you implement a simple alliance-chat box & have it so you can see who's online from your alliance at the top (similar to how Dune-wars used to have it).

Also a alliance-bank which can be upgraded in size would be nice... & if you *really* *really* wanted to be nice you could always implement a changable-alliance tax (I.e. 10% max) to go into the bank per turn from alliance members. Just have it so only those members who ve logged in the last day get taxed or something....

Yes there's a small chance of this being abused to feed players... but then again if you make alliance-bank withdrawls part of the trade-ratio thing, then it ll be fine.

In my honest opinion one of the major failings of Aderan Wars is the lack of a alliance-bank, alliance-chat & the ability to see which of an alliances members are online.

This game is very heavily alliance-orientated. But the simple lack of alliance-chat & a bank/tax system makes the game far less enjoyable, in terms of alliance-community and organisation... than it could be.

The game has a good squad-system... but thats its only advantage vs. some of its rivals (i.e. SGU) when it comes to alliance-organisation, structure etc.... I think if you rectify this weakness, then a new bank & chat system, coupled with the existing military & economic review options & squad system, will give you a very nice edge over competitors when it comes to alliance-structures.... havinga profound impact on the game.

Please can you implement this update.

Thanks

ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Alliance Chat & Alliance Bank Empty Re: Alliance Chat & Alliance Bank

Post by Kenzu Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:28 pm

I'd recommend no more than 5% alliance tax.

Feeding shouldn't be an issue anymore, since transfer ratio takes care of everything.

I welcome your suggestions ian.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:23 pm

I have been looking actively into an integrated chat the last 2 weeks, spent one full weekend testing different programs.
I think I found something good now though it lacks several important features so will try to see if i can add them myself
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:15 pm

TY Admin
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:21 pm

If it is what I helped with, I hope you reconsider, while I think its great for active chats. It won't work for passive chats.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:57 pm

seaborgium wrote:If it is what I helped with, I hope you reconsider, while I think its great for active chats. It won't work for passive chats.
no i was looking into options what would and wouldn't work
I know there's a need for several types of "chats"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:40 am

here looks to be a very simple one, most likey simple to implement however it seems there is a cost, but I am sure that could be gotten around.
http://www.simpleforumphp.com/index.php

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:40 am

if u add alliance bank, don`t let it affect PTR.

if you can send resources every day without affecting ur PTR (long as its a small enuff amount), alliance bank being such a small % shouldn`t affect it either and therefore retrieving it shouldn`t.

Why punish an alliance for working together as an alliance?

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 12
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:40 am

Mystake1 wrote:if u add alliance bank, don`t let it affect PTR.

if you can send resources every day without affecting ur PTR (long as its a small enuff amount), alliance bank being such a small % shouldn`t affect it either and therefore retrieving it shouldn`t.

Why punish an alliance for working together as an alliance?
unfortunately, even an alliance bank will have to affect PTR in some way (whether it be the moment you receive stuff, or already the moment you make a deposit)

otherwise someone just makes an alliance and transfers all resources through the bank
that'd be kinda very stupid if you ask me

PS: username changed, i couldn't find a mystake in the records though. so just removed the 1
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:07 am

ya i figured that out after i registered when i went looking for one lol

thanks bud,
if alliance bank is a 10% income tax, then it really isn't THAT much.

if u wanna REALLY do something wicked, I got an idea to revamp the entire alliance system in preparation for an alliance bank update, that would completely solve the PTR issue.

dont want to be able to withdraw resources?
then have the alliance leader/designate from alliance mngmt page be able to SPEND those resources on an alliance member's account.
Yes that's right, I'm saying have the alliance leader be able to buy a member in his alliance some techs or UP.

although i still fail to see how an alliance economic improvement plan is classified as feeding. It all stays within the alliance. Either 1 person gets it, or 10 do. But it's still in play.

but , to point it out again, the alliance bank is a tax in itself, not a free depository.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:12 am

Thats a pretty wicked idea, being able to buy things that can NOT be transfered. Techs, levels, constructions, things that if the member leaves are lost.

But still kills alot of trade

Can we atleast get a inner alliance GM market? so we are not FORCED to sell to enemies to be able to trade PTRless?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:17 am

Mystake wrote:although i still fail to see how an alliance economic improvement plan is classified as feeding. It all stays within the alliance. Either 1 person gets it, or 10 do. But it's still in play.
The problem isn't with the legit programs

and nomad sorry but the whole point of a "fair" or somewhat reliable trading which does not have to fall under total scrutiny and where "traders" can make their PTR-ignorant profit is that you have little control about your trade partner, the only thing that matters are the profitsss
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:41 am

If the problem isn't the legit programs, don't hinder/hurt/prevent/ban for them.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Mystake wrote:If the problem isn't the legit programs, don't hinder/hurt/prevent/ban for them.
I have not found a way to do that yet, nor has anyone put forward such
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:48 pm

Admin wrote:
Mystake wrote:although i still fail to see how an alliance economic improvement plan is classified as feeding. It all stays within the alliance. Either 1 person gets it, or 10 do. But it's still in play.
The problem isn't with the legit programs

and nomad sorry but the whole point of a "fair" or somewhat reliable trading which does not have to fall under total scrutiny and where "traders" can make their PTR-ignorant profit is that you have little control about your trade partner, the only thing that matters are the profitsss

I'm sorry, Thats not what I meant because you are right. But give us something, such as GM legit trades with NO PTR interferance. If we make a inner alliance trade at GM prices there should be NO % cost it allows us to trade to our own for the same price as to an enemy, not punishing you for trading with a friend over an enemy. Thats what sucks
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:23 pm

ah k, sorry didn't get that.

that is a very good suggestion and will look about implementing it. because I would be totally fine with doing that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:10 pm

yes, an inner alliance GM that lets you set inner alliance prices!

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:54 pm

Mystake wrote:yes, an inner alliance GM that lets you set inner alliance prices!

Well not really, adjust them slightly yes but not completely independant. If it is alliances can funnel millions on men on 1 account for 1 kewal per UU. So the price needs to be based on something to keep it at GM rates.

Biggest problem many have had with GM has been the fact your Forced to sell to an enemy when you do not want to, and punished for selling to a fiend or allie. If Admin has finally realised that and corrects the issue I'll be very happy.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:35 am

Of course there is also the issue of who will be able to utilize inner alliance trading. Would it be a feature available to all alliance members or like the GM only those with SS.

If it is funded using an income tax method then I would expect that all of the members of the alliance could benefit. If it is going to be tied to SS then there needs to be a mechanism where by non SS players are excluded from the tax.

I'm also not sure about tieing it to the GM as it can then be influenced economically by manipulating the GM.

An option might be to forget about any of the markets totally and tie it to the Alliance members own resource production. AT cost would then be 0 because the AT you get each day don't cost anything. UU and Kuwal Costs would be balanced by the investment that each member put in to growing their production.

Withdrawals from the fund could be tied to individual members sizes to prevent excessive growth.

There is also the possibility of abuse whereby short term accounts could be created and actively played until they provide sufficient resources to be of benefit and then abandoned. To counter this we could see a mechanism where inactive accounts are dropped from alliances automatically and accounts on Vac Mode do not add to the fund.

So what you get basically is an alliance fund that gets it's income from the resources that the active members of the alliance generate themselves. The more resources they generate the better the fund. Tie withdraws to individual members account sizes then to withdraw more the member needs to grow
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:41 am

Not sure I fully understand?

AT =0?

Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:53 am

Nomad wrote:Not sure I fully understand?

AT =0?

You get them every turn and for voting - Admin doesn't charge anything for them so the cost = 0

PS. What I am suggesting is based on the resources created by the members only and there is no ability to purchase any additional resources from anywhere and add them to the fund. The only way income for the fund is increased is by account growth so UU increase as members RAW UP increases (no officer UP included) and Kuwal as more economy units are trained.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:01 am

I'm still missing it, let me sleep on it, or see if someone else says something that makes it click
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:11 am

I get it, & I think it makes a lot of sense...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:55 am

i think he's saying the alliance bank can only be funded by the natural production of the accounts within the alliance.

in other words, it's a tax on raw production values. Basically what has already been suggested...

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:35 pm

I got that part.

But its the values I am missing, and how much you donate and where it comes from.

If AT = 0, then what value does UU or Kewal have? How much can you donate, What resources? kewal only? kewal and UU? or all resources? And at what amounts? daily? weekly? hourly?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next