Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T.O.C & TIE Trial Farming Policy

+8
melonhead
LurantMaximus
Capt_Blood
Lord Ishurue
buhcoreTheGreat
seaborgium
Kenzu
ian
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

T.O.C & TIE Trial Farming Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: T.O.C & TIE Trial Farming Policy

Post by ian Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:38 am

Well given a pm was sent inside TOC saying who our members are when we went hidden, no TOC member can claim ignorance Very Happy
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

T.O.C & TIE Trial Farming Policy - Page 2 Empty Re: T.O.C & TIE Trial Farming Policy

Post by Jiro Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:41 am

I have a list of who TIE's members were before they went hidden. I don't know who TIE's members are currently, because things may have changed.
I'll just hope you'll tell me if I broke the policy for any of your new members (if they exist.)

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:38 am

curumo wrote:While I acknowledge this as a problem I do know that you guys know who our members are and not Wink

Out of courtesy to someone I respect I put it up even before I saw this - just to avoid conflicts. I'll suggest that to TIE as well.

While TOC leadership knows who TIE are, it doesnt mean that all TOC members know it.
It would be unfair to ask people to pay compensation who had no clue that the person they attacked was TIE.

And this doesnt apply to TOC only.
I guess if a player who isn't TIE and isn't TOC attack TIE breaching the farming policy, I think TIE will ask him to pay a compensation, but if this person couldn't know that the mentioned player is in TIE, then obviously there is no reason why he should pay.

Therefore I ask TIE to solve this problem ASAP.

Best way to achieve it by having in the MOTD something along these lines:

Everyone who attacks me must adhere to the TOC-TIE farming policy which is following:
..........(text of the farming policy)......
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt_Blood Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:16 am

Kenzu wrote:

While TOC leadership knows who TIE are, it doesnt mean that all TOC members know it.
I can only take this either two ways, 1. TOC Leadership have not bothered to pass this information on to their members for whatever reason or 2. They are using this as an excuse for breaches of the treaty that they may make in the future.

It would be unfair to ask people to pay compensation who had no clue that the person they attacked was TIE.

I guess if a player who isn't TIE and isn't TOC attack TIE breaching the farming policy, I think TIE will ask him to pay a compensation, but if this person couldn't know that the mentioned player is in TIE, then obviously there is no reason why he should pay.

Everyone who attacks me must adhere to the TOC-TIE farming policy which is following:

This is a possibility however it is open to abuse by others who are either in no alliance or another hidden alliance. There is nothing to stop them adding this to their MOTD and the only ones who would know would be members of TIE.

Now TIE could dispute their membership in the forum but can something that cannot be seen be trusted

It also still appears that TOC and TIE consider that the terms of this trial policy can be forced on the rest of the server. I would suggest that as both TOC and TIE work on their treaty that they forget about rest of the server. Once you finally agree on how you will deal with each other then and only then should each individually address how they may wish to try and work with the rest of the server and it would not surprise me if they find that the rest of the server have many different opinions
Capt_Blood
Capt_Blood
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Alliance : The Legion of Blood
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Capt_Blood I assure you TIE has NO INTENTION WHATSOEVER to police or enforce this treaty onto the rest of the server. This treaty only affects TIE and TOC.

However anyone taking what I just wrote as a merry excuse to farm TIE (you know who we are) will be in for a flashy surprise.

That being said I want to say something else now. Please don't think us stupid. I know even your average players know exactly who we are. Thank you.

Also as an act of courtesy I DID send a pm out to TIE suggesting to put the treaty it into the MOTD.

As for abuse of this - we'll just have to deal with that, no?

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Goes over his list of TIE, and finds some kuwal.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:41 pm

That's very kind of you ...

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:18 pm

Kenzu wrote:
curumo wrote:While I acknowledge this as a problem I do know that you guys know who our members are and not Wink

Out of courtesy to someone I respect I put it up even before I saw this - just to avoid conflicts. I'll suggest that to TIE as well.

Kenzu we KNOW alliance PM's have been sent out to T.O.C alliances with a list of TIE's members... so if a T.O.C member breaches, YES he will be paying or will suffer the consequences.

As for non T.O.C members breaching - thats TIE and the other parties involved responsibility and not T.O.C's....
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2