Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOC & TIE Peace Treaty Discussion

+30
jerry1
Steveanaya
Kira
buhcoreTheGreat
Lucien Lachance
Nomad
Black Lotus
doxakk
Beldar
Manleva
Nimras
flwpwr
ยค Angel Slayer
curumo
FarleShadow
Kingofshinobis1
superkingtsob
Vesper
aworon
castravete
damgood
kingkongfan1
Admin
Magnus
Special Agent 47
Jiro
seaborgium
Kenzu
ian
Lord Ishurue
34 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

TOC & TIE Peace Treaty Discussion  - Page 12 Empty CeaseFIRE extension

Post by Lord Ishurue Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Lets extend the CeaseFIRE until the peace treaty is signed or something to that extent .

But . I think we should test out some of the farm policy proposals .

my proposal and Jiro's , with these conditions .

My proposal the Defense clause does not kick in , since we are still at war .

Jiro's policy . That one really cant be tested out during this ceasefire . unless every player posts their defense at full power before the war . IE i had ~3bil b4 the war . or something to this extent .

opinions thoughts ? This would prolly eliminate the trial run of 28 days which ian suggested .

Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

TOC & TIE Peace Treaty Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: TOC & TIE Peace Treaty Discussion

Post by Special Agent 47 Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:27 am

Lord Ishurue wrote:
Lets extend the CeaseFIRE until the peace treaty is signed or something to that extent .

Jiro's policy . That one really cant be tested out during this ceasefire . unless every player posts their defense at full power before the war . IE i had ~3bil b4 the war . or something to this extent .

opinions thoughts ? This would prolly eliminate the trial run of 28 days which ian suggested .

I'll leave this for Ian to respond to, I personally am not in favor of it. This is already dragging out entirely to long and it will just get slower and slower from here. We still have alittle over 2 days left and I say we use it to be productive and get this treaty done with. We can always agree to 15 or 30 day test periods of different farming policies after the treaty is signed into effect. Negotiating a treaty for 30 more days is ummmmm,,,,,,, Foolish at best in my eyes. As I said tho, I'll leave it for Ian to respond to.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

TOC & TIE Peace Treaty Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: TOC & TIE Peace Treaty Discussion

Post by seaborgium Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:42 pm

I would like to commend ToC for not hitting me. As I am not in TIE any longer. I have still been following the cease fire agreement, as I never posted out of the war. I had a fair amount of kuwal in the open, for 4.5hrs and they never touched it.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:09 pm

Lord Ishurue wrote:

I have no problems with extending the ceasefire. I also have no problems once a farming policy is agreed that "normal" farming & raiding of TIE/ TOC can commence within 24hours of the farming policy being agreed while the ceasefire continues (to allow discussion of the other points).

As for the 28 day trial period... my concern is ANY policy we agree upon may once its put into practice actually turn out to be crap/unsuitable for whatever reason. Thats why i want the 28day trial period - so IF it turns out to be not so good we can adjust it as necessary. It might well turn out to be adequate in which case no need to change anything... lol. I just want the flexibility for us to adjust the policy IF its found to be unsuitable for either TIE or TOC.

Suggestion (following on from the previous suggestion by Jiro):

Profit = 0.55 times the defence?

So:

Defence of 1billion = 0.55billion profit needed
Defence of 2billion = 1.1billion profit needed
Defence of 3billion = 1.65billion profit needed
Defence of 4billion = 2.2billion profit needed
Defence of 5billion = 2.75billion profit needed
Defence of 6billion = 3.3billion profit needed
Defence of 7billion = 3.85billion profit needed
Defence of 8billion = 4.4billion profit needed
Defence of 9billion = 4.95billion profit needed
Defence of 10billion = 5.5billion profit needed

Expand the excessive military clause to cover BOTH strike & defence. I.e. someone will be unable to farm TIE or TOC if:

- They have 40% of their army size invested into military
- They have more than 9 days economic generation invested into strike.

Someone will fall outside of the above policy and consequently be able to be farmed (simply requiring a 150million profit) if:

- They have more than 18 days economic generation invested into defence

Basically it means for someone to have a high defence they ll need a high economy & thereby should still be farmable under the above system. If you simply base a policy on defence with no clause for excessive defences though you ll end up with people having a huge income vs. their defence, making them unfarmable.
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:58 pm

ian wrote:
Lord Ishurue wrote:

I have no problems with extending the ceasefire. I also have no problems once a farming policy is agreed that "normal" farming & raiding of TIE/ TOC can commence within 24hours of the farming policy being agreed while the ceasefire continues (to allow discussion of the other points).

As for the 28 day trial period... my concern is ANY policy we agree upon may once its put into practice actually turn out to be crap/unsuitable for whatever reason. Thats why i want the 28day trial period - so IF it turns out to be not so good we can adjust it as necessary. It might well turn out to be adequate in which case no need to change anything... lol. I just want the flexibility for us to adjust the policy IF its found to be unsuitable for either TIE or TOC.

So:

Expand the excessive military clause to cover BOTH strike & defence. I.e. someone will be unable to farm TIE or TOC if:

Someone will fall outside of the above policy and consequently be able to be farmed (simply requiring a 150million profit) if:

Basically it means for someone to have a high defence they ll need a high economy & thereby should still be farmable under the above system. If you simply base a policy on defence with no clause for excessive defences though you ll end up with people having a huge income vs. their defence, making them unfarmable.

9 days in strike & 18 days in defense seems very very high for an excessive clause .
if a player had both 9 days strike and 18 days defense they can still farm and be unfarmable . they can just build their defense & strike with barely any spies and assassins .

9 days strike max & 15 days defense max . 9 days of strike is gonna nerf their income from upkeep .

o . incase any1 is curious . 9 days of strike is roughly 2% of ones army size . 15 days is ~3.3% of ones army size .

My proposal to test out too .
Farming Policy .
1. Defense clause - minimum of 3 days economic investment in defense to be covered/protected .
2. Excessive Military clause . A maximum of 9 days of economic generation in strike , with a maximum 40% of your population in military .
3. If you meet those conditions you must also be with in the tiers.

Tiers by population/ profit ratio per 10 Attack turns . ( 1mil1 = 1,000,001 , and so on )

Army/population________ minimum profit per tier
0 army - 1million army - 200million profit ( high profit , reason why damage an active account when there are plenty of 0 defense farms with same amounts out )
1mil1 - 2million army - 300mil profit
2mil1 - 3million army - 450mil profit
3mil1 - 4milion army - 600mil profit
4mil1 - 5million army - 850 mil profit

5mil1- 7million army - 1.1bil profit ( this is were our old policy cut off . )
7mil1 - 9mil army = 1.3bil profit
9mil1- 11mil army = 1.5bil profit
11mil1 - 13mil army = 1.7bil profit
13mil1 - 15mil army = 1.9bil profit

15mil1 - 18mil army = 2.3bil profit
18mil1- 21mil army = 2.7bil profit
21mil1 - 24mil army = 3.1bil profit
24mil1- 27mil army = 3.5bil profit
27mil1 + = 4bil profit .
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

Back to top Go down

Post by aworon Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:55 am

ian's proposal about profit 0.55*defense is acceptable to me. Very simple and not time consuming.
Ishurue any chance you could come up with some single line formula?

aworon
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:00 am

aworon wrote:ian's proposal about profit 0.55*defense is acceptable to me. Very simple and not time consuming.
Ishurue any chance you could come up with some single line formula?

All the clauses needed . Strike & military , min defense for protection .
Army size / Population X 135 = minimum profit .

if the profit is less then 200million then go with 200mil . IE cuz u can hit a 0 defense inactive for that amount .

Last edited by Lord Ishurue on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : purple color)
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

Back to top Go down

Post by FarleShadow Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:47 am

The voice of reason incoming:

Why .55?

Surely the easiest number is .5 or half?

Its far easier to go 'ok, 3 bill defense, I need to make 1.5 bill profit' than opening the calculator and herp derpin for 10 minutes before hitting the attack button.

FarleShadow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:42 am

FarleShadow wrote:The voice of reason incoming:

Why .55?

Surely the easiest number is .5 or half?

Its far easier to go 'ok, 3 bill defense, I need to make 1.5 bill profit' than opening the calculator and herp derpin for 10 minutes before hitting the attack button.
cheers
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:59 pm

ian wrote:I have no problems with extending the ceasefire. I also have no problems once a farming policy is agreed that "normal" farming & raiding of TIE/ TOC can commence within 24hours of the farming policy being agreed while the ceasefire continues (to allow discussion of the other points).

The problem I have is 2 fold.
1. Many are still not rebuilding due to the possibility of returning to war, this will skew the results of ANY farming policy you put in place.
2. If it take you 3 tries to get a usable and agreeable farming policy that is 84 days before a peace treaty is signed and enacted. Nearly 3 months.

Might I strongly suggest we get the treaty signed by 00:00 Monday July 26 at ceasefire's end. Then give 1 week of "rebuild" time. You need to have a wide ranged of defensive strengths versus incomes to properly test farming policies. If everyone holds in the present "low defense" pattern due to the threat of war you are not getting accurate data.

Find a breach policy you can all agree on, get a signed peace treaty, and then commit to 3 or 4 fifteen day tests of different farming policies. You can get good data in a 2 week span, why do you need a month per policy? This is not as hard as we are making it.

@ Lord Ishurue,,,
9 days in strike & 18 days in defense seems very very high for an excessive clause .
if a player had both 9 days strike and 18 days defense they can still farm and be unfarmable . they can just build their defense & strike with barely any spies and assassins .
Use a system similar to what we use to gauge how many spies and assassins you need to adequately defend your military units from covert attacks. Ex(using random numbers) for every 10 Super units you need 11 spies and 9 assassins.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Lord Ishurue wrote:
ian wrote:
Lord Ishurue wrote:

So:

9 days strike max & 15 days defense max . 9 days of strike is gonna nerf their income from upkeep .

o . incase any1 is curious . 9 days of strike is roughly 2% of ones army size . 15 days is ~3.3% of ones army size .

My proposal to test out too .
Farming Policy .
1. Defense clause - minimum of 3 days economic investment in defense to be covered/protected .
2. Excessive Military clause . A maximum of 9 days of economic generation in strike , with a maximum 40% of your population in military .
3. If you meet those conditions you must also be with in the tiers.

Tiers by population/ profit ratio per 10 Attack turns . ( 1mil1 = 1,000,001 , and so on )

Army/population________ minimum profit per tier
0 army - 1million army - 200million profit ( high profit , reason why damage an active account when there are plenty of 0 defense farms with same amounts out )
1mil1 - 2million army - 300mil profit
2mil1 - 3million army - 450mil profit
3mil1 - 4milion army - 600mil profit
4mil1 - 5million army - 850 mil profit

5mil1- 7million army - 1.1bil profit ( this is were our old policy cut off . )
7mil1 - 9mil army = 1.3bil profit
9mil1- 11mil army = 1.5bil profit
11mil1 - 13mil army = 1.7bil profit
13mil1 - 15mil army = 1.9bil profit

15mil1 - 18mil army = 2.3bil profit
18mil1- 21mil army = 2.7bil profit
21mil1 - 24mil army = 3.1bil profit
24mil1- 27mil army = 3.5bil profit
27mil1 + = 4bil profit .

A tier system based on army size is unacceptable. You said it yourself - on average TIE is 1.5 times larger per player than T.O.C. This means generally TIE & TOC will be in different tiers, and if there is differences between those tiers in terms of protection afforded by any policy, or how vulnerable that policy makes people - then those differences will impact the TIE/TOC relations again....

We should stick to something simple and easy to use. If people are unhappy with the 0.55 profit of defence just round it up to 0.6 (affords slightly more protection than the 0.55). I agree with you about the excessive strike bit btw - I actually meant to change 18 (forgot to) down to about 15 as well.

So max 9 days into strike, max 15 days into defence. If over the strike = you can't farm. If over the defence = you can be farmed for anything where the attacker makes 200million profit. No more than 40% into military - if you are you can be farmed for 200million+ profit, and can't farm TIE/ TOC. Minimum of 3 days economic generation invested into defence or you fall outside of the policy and the attacker need only make 200million profit.

@ SA47, I was thinking the 28days trial period would be for the farming policy, not the peace treaty. Remember TIE's said several times now on this thread that as far as we are concerned the farming policy *isn't* part of the peace treaty - but as a act of faith we are happy to discuss a new policy with T.O.C. As such any farming policy agreed should run for a 28day trial period and then everyone meet and discuss whether or not its acceptable.

As for the actual peace-treaty.... the points which still need resolving are:

- Personal policies (TIE won't accept it where player A can ignore player B's requests and keep doing something provocative (whether it be targetting player B's officers, farming player B after Player B's asked for a break or being rude/threatening to player B) and player B will be helpless to act since if they do the empire of player A will intervene.)

My suggestion: Any issues arise between 2 players they contact their alliance leadership and *cease* ingame interacting (i.e. farming/raiding etc...) with each other (exception = PM's) - untill such a point as the problem is resolved. The players should then work to find a solution and if they can't the alliance leadership's intervention and suggestion/help probably will find a solution.

This means if Player B contacts player A about farming and asks if Player A could stop and discuss a personal agreement between them both, and Player A repeatedly ignores Player B and keeps farming him, or tells him no - then Player B will be free to take that as a slap in the face and a direct provocation - thereby if he chooses taking military action against Player A starting a personal war. In such an event both sides alliances/empires will stay out.

If player B were to simply mass Player A after Player A farmed him, without making any attempt at contact/ to raise the problem with player A, then clearly that would be unacceptable and Player A's alliance could if they choose intervene.

The aim would be to reach a balance. If someone opens communications and attempts to reach an agreement/solution and is ignored/not taken seriously then they should have the right to revert to military force if diplomacy has failed without the fear of being nuked by an entire empire.

Likewise... people should be free to farm without fear of the stronger players nuking them under the disguise of a "personal war" - thereby by requiring communication be attempted and a solution worked towards, and the alliance-leadership informed - then the smaller players will be able to at the very least be able to farm/do stuff without fear of finding themselves in a personal war without alliance support.. and obviously if they are then contacted and repeatedly ignore the communication/ don't take it seriously or make much of a attempt to compromise - they then won't have any right to complain they are in a personal war (since if they wanted to avoid one they would have taken the attempt at communication seriously and worked towards a solution).

By the alliance leadership on both sides being informed, in such an event we can keep an eye on thing's and intervene if necessary (i.e. if someone's making unfair demands and refusing to compromise at all) - or alternatively if both players have been unable to find a solution, the alliance leadership can then intervene and actively help out the negotiations.

- Castravate Issue. For TIE to agree to any peace treaty, we will require public confirmation (preferably on this thread) that Castravate was acting under orders by T.O.C to surrender twice and reenter the war twice - otherwise if he wasn't acting under orders then that means he is personally responsible for his actions... and should suffer the additional consequences.

ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by aworon Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:36 pm

I'd like to see clarified if TIE wants Emperors to be bound by this treaty.

If yes then I would like to see some improvements in the part on personal policies as several points need to get addressed.
As you explained in your version, I could end up having 10-20 people from TIE wishing to declare war upon me because I farmed them while following the farming policy BOTH sides agreed upon and my alliance cannot intervene.
I see no problem with demanding a 1v1 though, however only under the condition that repeated attacks have been made which failed to uphold the farming policy and no compensation has been paid by the attacker.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole point of a farming policy is to set a "rule" under which the alliance says it's ok to farm and get farmed without requiring further escalation of conflicts, making the whole "personal policies for farming"
Should you however wish to push for your personal policies thing then I will need to see the profit per defense dropped significantly to offset the profits I lose by not being able to farm certain people.

aworon
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

TOC & TIE Peace Treaty Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Arm size proposal clarification

Post by Lord Ishurue Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:24 pm

some people call army size population and vice versa .

Population x 135 = profit needed .

Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

Back to top Go down

TOC & TIE Peace Treaty Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Treaty check list so to speak

Post by Lord Ishurue Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Farm policy
legal vs illegal farm hit

Extradition treaty
Spoiler:

well this game so far has been pretty boring as far as treaties goes . NAPs , peace treaty , MDT .

We all have been talking about handling issues with sabs , assassinations , farm breaches .

Lets Jazz up this political stage with an extradition treaty .
instead of spending time saying what to do about sabs , assassinations , farm breeches .

The Extradition treaty would cover all of that in a simple treaty .

Misc issues . ( personal wars , privacy policy statements . )

Castravete & Stars thing .

Last edited by Lord Ishurue on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shortening)
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:18 pm

It's 25 Jul 11:14:35

This means that the ceasefire ends in 12 hours.
Considering that so much time passed and there is still no signed peace treaty is disturbing.

Therefore, I will remain on MSN most of time time and hopefully we can solve this thing finally.

I still didn't hear anyone object to % profit required in a hit.
How about we simply state 25% profit is necessary?

No excessive strike (must be less than 20% population in strike, less than 20% population in defense AND less than 50% population in all military)

Last edited by Kenzu on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

TOC & TIE Peace Treaty Discussion  - Page 12 Empty CeaseFIRE extended

Post by Lord Ishurue Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:16 pm

ian has no problem with extending the ceasefire.

I agree with another 7 days of ceasefire .

another 7 days of the ceasefire .

CeaseFIRE ends August 2nd 2010 . @ 00:00 server time .

Can some from TIE post saying its been confirmed from their end .

Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:19 pm

ok, 7 days ceasefire, I also agree, awaiting TIE response.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Confirmed
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:51 pm

aworon wrote:I'd like to see clarified if TIE wants Emperors to be bound by this treaty.

If yes then I would like to see some improvements in the part on personal policies as several points need to get addressed.
As you explained in your version, I could end up having 10-20 people from TIE wishing to declare war upon me because I farmed them while following the farming policy BOTH sides agreed upon and my alliance cannot intervene.
I see no problem with demanding a 1v1 though, however only under the condition that repeated attacks have been made which failed to uphold the farming policy and no compensation has been paid by the attacker.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole point of a farming policy is to set a "rule" under which the alliance says it's ok to farm and get farmed without requiring further escalation of conflicts, making the whole "personal policies for farming"
Should you however wish to push for your personal policies thing then I will need to see the profit per defense dropped significantly to offset the profits I lose by not being able to farm certain people.

The farming policies are those hits which the alliance itself won't act against. If a TIE or TOC member wishes to have their own policy regarding farming... that is their decision. The only reason i m including personal policies is because I don't want to see a situation where either TIE or TOC members get a "free pass" to ignore other members contacting them and asking for a special agreement or whatever - and those being ignored then take action as a individual, and get nuked back by an entire empire.

Basically if you want to keep farming those who ask you to stop that is your decision - and it won't concern TIE really. Of course - we would try and act as a mediator to find a peaceful solution but thats as far as we would go in terms of active role.... basically If Player A has asked you to stop farming & you keep farming... then thats your decision to keep farming. If player A then decides to attack you (go to war) against you for your farming of him after attempting to open negotiations with you, then thats the consequence of your decision. TIE would not be involved. The only time we would become involved is if some of your friends then joined in on your side and expanded a personal war.

Hope that clarifies? Its basically laying the ground rules under which a personal conflict can occur, namely:

- The player must have made a serious attempt at communication on more than one occassion to find a solution.
- The player must be prepared to make some compromise.
- The player must have kept his alliance leadership informed on the events as they occur *before* any conflict arises.
- The player may only resort to force if the player he has contacted has either ignored him, or not made any serious attempt to find a solution (i.e. compromise) & has consequently continued carrying out the provocative conduct.

In a nut shell then: TIE's policy is the rules in which TIE itself will act against farming. We refuse on principle to dictate to our members what they can & can't do on AW when it comes to their personal affairs - so if they choose to take action against a player that is their decision. Likewise we won't abandon them to entire alliances, groups of players or empires if they take action and are then nuked back by a ton of players in response *provided* they followed our guidelines on the procedure leading up to initiating a personal conflict. Nor will we blindly support those players if they are on the receiving end of a personal conflict and have basically ignored the person who has initiated the personal conflict.

The above is basically guidelines for when a TIE member will be garanteed protection in the event parties outside of the personal conflict (i.e. empires) intervene, and when players conducting a personal war against a TIE member can be assurred TIE won't intervene.

As long as the TIE member follows the above procedure he gets protection from those not involved in the personal war (if they join in, TIE joins in), and as long as a player conducting a personal war against TIE meets the above points... he can be assurred TIE won't intervene.
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

TOC & TIE Peace Treaty Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Excessive clauses and the alike

Post by Lord Ishurue Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:40 pm

ok

very large TOC & TIE players .

SA47, Lord Ishurue, ian, Kenzu , to name a few .

between the 4 of us , we fluctuate 90 - 98% income units . The lower end is during war , higher end is peace times . so middle way is ~ 95% ish

larger players ,
guys around 5mil - 10mil ish average at 90% eco

smaller guys. average at ~ 75% eco units .

(75 + 90 + 95 )/3 = 86% so will say 85% eco units .

now ian with your daily economy . if u had 9 days of economy in strike with APC . ( 1bil weapon training )
u would have 385k supers armed With APCs .

your at 15million army .

385k/15million = .025 or 2.5% of population in strike .

lets say minimum defense you need a minimum of 2 days eco to be protected .

2.5/4.5= .0055 or .55% same thing . so round down to .5% for example sake .

were looking at 85% income units .

Strike 2.5% population ( maximum amount to make legal farms )
Defense .5% population ( minimum amount to be covered by policy )
Spies 4.5% population
Assassins 3.5% population

that makes a total of 11% military to be covered by policy . still have 4% of military to put somewhere .

lets say someone adds that 4% to defense spies and assassins

This is a simulation of someone with 85% income units and 15% military who wants to maximize their strike with out sacrificing too much economic lose .

Defense 2.5% population ( minimum amount to be covered by policy )
Spies 5.5% population
Assassins 4.5% population

ian set up using the 85% eco 15% military with APC / weapon level 9 as his weapon .

375k attack supers
375k defense supers
825k spies
675k assassins

12,750,000 income units

This was an attempt of turning Days of economy into population and assuming every1 is "playing like a very player ."

now lets turn back the Clock .

ian population of 20 times smaller . 15mil/20 = 750k army size
18,750 attack supers
18,750 defense supers
41,250spies
33,750 assassins

637,500 income units

either way . if a population for excessive strike clause were to pass . then it only makes sense for larger accounts to be able to arm the same level of strikes as smaller players .

2.5% population in strike is very very high I cant agree to anything higher then that .

u need more spies then u do supers . u break 4% of enemy strike weapons and 4% of enemy defense weapons to your 5% spies being SENT.

most players have Main battle tank .

1 tank costs 308k . 1 spy cost 225k . so its clear u need slightly more spies to protect u against the very powerful covert accounts .

Question
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:23 am

Lord Ishurue wrote:

ok

between the 4 of us , we fluctuate 90 - 98% income units . The lower end is during war , higher end is peace times . so middle way is ~ 95% ish

larger players ,

now ian with your daily economy . if u had 9 days of economy in strike with APC . ( 1bil weapon training )

your at 15million army .

Spies 4.5% population

that makes a total of 11% military to be covered by policy . still have 4% of military to put somewhere .

This is a simulation of someone with 85% income units and 15% military who wants to maximize their strike with out sacrificing too much economic lose .

Spies 5.5% population

ian set up using the 85% eco 15% military with APC / weapon level 9 as his weapon .

375k attack supers
375k defense supers
825k spies
675k assassins

12,750,000 income units

This was an attempt of turning Days of economy into population and assuming every1 is "playing like a very player ."

18,750 attack supers
18,750 defense supers
41,250spies
33,750 assassins

637,500 income units

either way . if a population for excessive strike clause were to pass . then it only makes sense for larger accounts to be able to arm the same level of strikes as smaller players .

2.5% population in strike is very very high I cant agree to anything higher then that .

u need more spies then u do supers . u break 4% of enemy strike weapons and 4% of enemy defense weapons to your 5% spies being SENT.

1 tank costs 308k . 1 spy cost 225k . so its clear u need slightly more spies to protect u against the very powerful covert accounts .
Question

To clarify, is what your proposing that players can have a minimum of 85% of their army size in income units? With no more than 2.5% of army size in strike and no more than 5% in defence

If the player:

- Has an excessive strike (2.5%+) they can't farm TIE/TOC
- Has an excessive defence (5%+) they can be farmed for a profit of just 250million.
- If they have less than 85% income units they can't farm TIE/ TOC & hits will only need to take 250million profit.

I m still not happy about any excessive clauses being based on army size. I.e. a 6million army size = about 70% AE. 15million army size = about 49%.

Lets say Player A is the 6million army size, he has 85% income units under what you propose - 5,100,000 farmerx x 50 = 255million x 0.7 = 178,500,000 x 48 = 8,568,000,000 kuwal's worth per day from income.

Player B is the 15million army size, he has 85% income units under what you propose - 12,750,000 farmers x 50 = 637,500,000 kuwal's worth x 0.49 = 312,375,000 x 48 = 14,994,000,000 kuwal's worth per day from income.

Player A has a 18k Raw Unit Production. UU rates are 175k - thats 3,150,000,000 kuwal's worth a day from U.P
Player B has a 25k Raw Unit Production. UU rates are 175k - thats 4,375,000,000 kuwal's worth a day from U.P

Player A's total economy is 11,718,000,000 kuwal's worth.
Player B's total economy is 19,936,900,000 kuwal's worth.

Player B is 170.139% economically stronger than player A. Under your proposal Player B can have 250% more units in defence, strikes, assassins & spies than Player A.

I.e. 2.5% of 6million = 150k strike supers. 2.5% of 15million = 375k strike supers. (100 / 150,000) x 375,000 = 250.

THIS is why i m so against doing anything by army size - it results in huge imbalances.....
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:33 am

ian wrote:
Lord Ishurue wrote:

ok

larger players ,

your at 15million army .

Spies 4.5% population

Spies 5.5% population

375k attack supers
375k defense supers
825k spies
675k assassins

12,750,000 income units

18,750 attack supers
18,750 defense supers
41,250spies
33,750 assassins

637,500 income units

Question

To clarify, is what your proposing that players can have a minimum of 85% of their army size in income units? With no more than 2.5% of army size in strike and no more than 5% in defence

If the player:

- Has an excessive strike (2.5%+) they can't farm TIE/TOC
- Has an excessive defence (5%+) they can be farmed for a profit of just 250million.
- If they have less than 85% income units they can't farm TIE/ TOC & hits will only need to take 250million profit.

I m still not happy about any excessive clauses being based on army size. I.e. a 6million army size = about 70% AE. 15million army size = about 49%.

Lets say Player A is the 6million army size, he has 85% income units under what you propose - 5,100,000 farmerx x 50 = 255million x 0.7 = 178,500,000 x 48 = 8,568,000,000 kuwal's worth per day from income.

Player B is the 15million army size, he has 85% income units under what you propose - 12,750,000 farmers x 50 = 637,500,000 kuwal's worth x 0.49 = 312,375,000 x 48 = 14,994,000,000 kuwal's worth per day from income.

Player A has a 18k Raw Unit Production. UU rates are 175k - thats 3,150,000,000 kuwal's worth a day from U.P
Player B has a 25k Raw Unit Production. UU rates are 175k - thats 4,375,000,000 kuwal's worth a day from U.P

Player A's total economy is 11,718,000,000 kuwal's worth.
Player B's total economy is 19,936,900,000 kuwal's worth.

Player B is 170.139% economically stronger than player A. Under your proposal Player B can have 250% more units in defence, strikes, assassins & spies than Player A.

I.e. 2.5% of 6million = 150k strike supers. 2.5% of 15million = 375k strike supers. (100 / 150,000) x 375,000 = 250.

THIS is why i m so against doing anything by army size - it results in huge imbalances.....

The 85% income units was not part of the idea. players with 100% AE can easily have 75-80% income units .
it was more less a realistic comparison to the average developed accounts in TIE & TOC .

I was using that income unit percentage average to find a decent conversion rate of days of economic generation to population percentage .
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:37 pm

My concern is fortress accounts being created with the excessive clause you suggest.

We all know The Imperium Empire generally isn't a problem when it comes to fortress accounts - the vast majority of our players don't build huge defences vs. our income/economy which means by and large if they don't log in for a reasonable amount of time they can be farmed - both under our previous policy, and likely under any future policy.

We simply can't afford to build fortress accounts since if we go to war, the losses will be horrific - and sadly no matter how much we want peace, we ALWAYS have enemies out there moving against us. I.e. only yesterday Ebduncan pledged BW III to:

Eric, Ebduncan, said (Yesterday at 03:39):
since problems always adrise when i talk to you, I have come to the senses, we are not friends. TIE will not have a treaty with BW ever, we will solely operate in balance of TIE, to remove you from power. have a good day

This was in response to his saying if Seaborgium keeps farming him TIE & BW III will never have friendly relations.... and AFTER I d already pointed out Seaborgium ISN'T in TIE and hasn't been for almost a week, and we have absolutely zero responsibility or control over him (he has his own alliance for gods sake lol).

Thats the sort of shit we have to put up with being AW's dominant power. Virtually every alliance with any semi-ambitious plans will want to erode, manipulate or conspire against us - even if we ve literally done nothing to them and actually extended our hand in friendship. It seems no matter what we do - we get held accountable for other people's actions - whether it be the sabbing & assassinating done on T.O.C before the war or actions done by NON-TIE members after the war... somehow people always find a way to blame TIE for it.

Therefore TIE's requirements are simple when it comes to a farming policy:

- We can't ever afford to build fortress accounts/invest huge amounts into defences since we ll always be in a state of permanent war-readiness and preparation for the next conflict with the next enemy.

This means we ll in turn always be by and large able to be farmed to a high level if farmers are left to their own devices. Therefore we use our farming policy to "fill in the holes" in our defences and to actively reduce farming of our ranks - a logical choice since if we are always in a state of war-readiness we therefore have the capacity to actively deal with farmers and consequently our policy turns our offensive capabilities towards assisting our defensive capability in reducing farming.

We never ever try to cut farming of TIE down completely or to a unacceptably low level - its always about balancing TIE's needs (to cut farming down) with the farmers needs (to make a profit). If its too lax, TIE looses out, if its too harsh... the farmers throw a paddy and then it probably results in war.

- When it comes to other's policies (I.e. TOC) we need to be able to farm them to a reasonable level. When World Republic adopted FIRE's policy they effectively declared a No-farming policy - as that was the practical result of the affects. Their defences were by and large so high to their incomes that it was virtually impossible to farm them within their policy - a matter made even worse given the poor activity level of many of those players, yet still not being able to farm them due to the effects of the large defences + WR policy.

Consequently since TIE can't & won't build fortress accounts... we have no intention of respecting or following any policy which allows players to build fortress accounts and then go for extended periods without logging in & still not being able to be farmed under the policy.

ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Me & LI have been discussing things - so I d like to hear Kenzu & Aworon's views on the below.

Those under 1million army size can have up to 7.5% of army size invested in defence and up to 4.5% of army size invested into strike. If you have over it your excessive.

Those over 1million army size shouldn't have more than 5% of army size invested in defence and 2.5% of army size invested into strike. If you have over it your excessive.

Those at 100% AE can have 30% of army size invested in military ( defence, attack, spies, assassins) in total, those under 100% can have 20%. Any more = excessive - meaning you can be farmed for a minimum of 250million profit and can't farm TIE/ TOC.

Minimum of 0.5% (half a percent) of army size trained in defence, any lower and any hits which make *any* profit is legitimate.

Those who have an excessive strike can't farm TIE/ TOC.
Those who have an excessive defence can be farmed for the minimum profit - 250million kuwal.

In addition, as well as meeting the % of army size requirement to fall within the policy, you ll need to have a adequate core Unit Production - based on the below chart:

1million Army size = 3k Minimum Raw U.P
2million Army Size = 6k Minimum Raw U.P
3million Army Size = 9k Minimum Raw U.P
4million Army Size = 12k Minimum Raw U.P
5million Army Size = 15k Minimum Raw U.P
6million Army Size = 18k Minimum Raw U.P
7million Army Size = 20k Minimum Raw U.P

If you don't meet the Raw U.P requirement (but meet the % of army size requirements) you ll be deemed as having an excessive strike/ defence due to having a weak economy.

So to summarise: A 3million army size player with 150k defence Supers, 75k Attack Supers and a 9k Raw U.P will not have an excessive strike or defence - and consequently be able to farm under the policy, and any farming done on them under the policy would need to meet the policy's profit requirements.

Farming Policy itself:

Profit = Army size x 150. I.e. 3million army size x 150 = 450million profit must be made.

The minimum profit ANY hit must make is 250million. I.e. a hit on a 500k Army Size player using the 150 requirement would be 500,000 x 150 = 75million profit requirement normally... however since you can farm inactives for 100million+ profits, any hits on actives must make at least 250million profit UNLESS the policy requires you make more than 250million profit (i.e. 3million army size = 450million profit requirement).

The farming policy would run on a trial period of 28days from the day it starts.

Views/ Thoughts (Non TIE/TOC members input is also welcome, as it other TIE/TOC members input).

ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:29 pm

I do genuinely have a question: If my army size is 3,5 m ... then I can have, what, approximately 100 k supers in strike so that I'm still within the policy, yes?

Otherwise it's a pretty simple and easy policy. If you're within it - farm - if not ... stay away Very Happy I like Wink

GJ Ian and Ish Wink

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next