Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Market Trades for Supply Turns

+7
Admin
kingkongfan1
Alex
seaborgium
Vesper
Lord Ishurue
Kingofshinobis1
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Market Trades for Supply Turns Empty Market Trades for Supply Turns

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:09 am

Hi. I was thinking that there should be an option to trade your MTs or MRs for added Supply Turns. Here is my idea and a set of guidelines I think should be followed in order to avoid it being abused:

1) There should be an button like the "increase bank size" option in the market to use 4 MTs or 1 MRs in order for 100 added ST.

2) The option must be limited to 4 times a week in order to avoid it being abused. (No more than 400 extra ST a week)

This would help new players who like to raid grow faster (as well as the bigger players who find those pesky STs ever so eluding) Wink

If anyone has anything to add or suggest, post it here Smile

Last edited by Kingofshinobis1 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Market Trades for Supply Turns Empty Re: Market Trades for Supply Turns

Post by Lord Ishurue Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:24 am

4 MTs seems kinda low . a 24 hour PPT costs 5MTs and being on PPT for 24 hours will only produce 96 STs .

Maybe something like .

ST Package . Use 12 MTs to get 300 STs . you can only use this bonus once every 7 days . you can not trade MTs for STs if you have more than 2k STs , also you can not use this package if the bonus will allow you to exceed 2k .

@ ian's idea about no STs for new players

1 month or younger accounts can trade 4 MTs instead of 12 .
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesper Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:45 am

This sounds like a good idea. I like the idea of people being able to choose between protection time or supply turns. Sorta lets players play more their style. An aggressive tactic using lots of ST or a more conservative using the MT for protection
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:35 am

I don't think the option shoudl be limited, theres only so many MTs you get in a week.

yes some people have 20+ MR saved, but they will only go so far.
I also don't think that some people(smaller accounts) won't be using this as much as we think. Mainly due to they don't have the banks to hold kuwal. So they either get STs or banks size.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:07 pm

seaborgium wrote:I don't think the option shoudl be limited, theres only so many MTs you get in a week.

I also don't think that some people(smaller accounts) won't be using this as much as we think. Mainly due to they don't have the banks to hold kuwal. So they either get STs or banks size.
Hahaha Try 40+ Razz And anyway no matter how many you have saved up they will eventually run out if you use them and you get a limited amount per week.

And I like this idea too.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:05 pm

seaborgium wrote:I don't think the option shoudl be limited, theres only so many MTs you get in a week.

It is limited in order for people not have 1000's of STs in the blink on an eye. Like Alex said, he has over 40 MRs saved up, meaning he can have 4000 STs almost instantly (at the cost of his 2 MRs per 200 STs). That is why its limited.

I kinda like Ish's idea of 12 MTs for 300 STs, but IMO I think this should not be a 1 time thing. Perhaps an option to get 200 per 8 MTs/2 MRs, up to twice a week. The reason being, is that not everyone is going to want to shell out 12 MTs at 1 time, or want to. This is just to make it a little more appealing to players, as they get to choose what and how they want to do it, based on what they need.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:07 pm

I like this Idea, & think that if Admin is not totally against it, He might be persuaded to put it on the test server & see how it works out.
king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:13 pm

3 MR +1 MR for each time you used that button in the last week
for 200 ST's
1 MR base cost instead of 3 for new players up to a certain "age"

just a thought
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Admin wrote:3 MR +1 MR for each time you used that button in the last week
for 200 ST's

just a thought

Now That sounds like you just put the bow on the package, I like it...
king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:24 pm

for 200 ST's

just a thought

Hmm. TBH 3 MRs seems like a lot in order to gain so little. Perhaps if you raised the amount of STs given, then yes, I would like it Smile Either that or keep the setup but change it to something like this; 3 MT + 1 MT for each time that button is used. for 100 ST's (that makes for 300-500 extra a week, available to everyone, not just a few players). I am also interested to see what this "age" you are talking about would be? Anyways, my point being, I don't think the option should be limited just to MRs. Seems like a disadvantage to those who don't save up a lot of MRs at one time, and use MTs instead.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:45 pm

wanna explain to me a practical difference between 3 MR and 12 MT's from a player's perspective?

Cos I'd have a number of arguments speaking for the MR payment from a coding perspective Smile and considering 3 MR==12 MT, it's the same price
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Heh. I was simply saying that you should raise the amount of ST given for 3 MRs is all Very Happy. 12 MTs would equal 300 ST Smile. 3+4+5 following your setup=12 like you said equaling 3 MRs. Though 12 MRs would produce 600 ST (2x the MT result) it would take 3 weeks to get that many. (with the MTs you can get 1.5x that many ST in that amount of time if you choose to do so) As for the coding part, I have no idea how to do it, so you do what you see fit as far as that goes XD.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:02 pm

I am against.

Supply turns grow already fast enough.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:42 pm

for 200 ST's

just a thought

in the last 7 day span right, or did you mean from week to week?

The cost is so high it can't be used much, and as for those who have 40 and 50 MR saved up, well whycant they use them to gain a large amount of ST? They have suffered the losses of income, growth, bank size and all the other benifits that could have been gained by using them.

I'm sitting on the fence on this one. on one hand i agree with Kenzu, and the original idea of the STs. They are the slowing controler of the game and i feel they are good. I also agree the idea is a nice one, and the cost is high enough to make it balanced. it will give new guys a boost and it will allow older players a small advantage if they suffer the cost in time.

lets be honest, 200ST is 100 raids or 20 kewal farms, and just a few of any other attack so the only person to gain a real advantage would be raiders. raiders = growth and activity = good.

down side is, AT run out before ST, and cost wise I think its cheaper to buy UU and AT with MT then to buy ST with MR, IDK
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Nomad wrote:
for 200 ST's

just a thought

in the last 7 day span right, or did you mean from week to week?

The cost is so high it can't be used much, and as for those who have 40 and 50 MR saved up, well why cant they use them to gain a large amount of ST? They have suffered the losses of income, growth, bank size and all the other benifits that could have been gained by using them.

I'm sitting on the fence on this one. on one hand i agree with Kenzu, and the original idea of the STs. They are the slowing controler of the game and i feel they are good. I also agree the idea is a nice one, and the cost is high enough to make it balanced. it will give new guys a boost and it will allow older players a small advantage if they suffer the cost in time.

lets be honest, 200ST is 100 raids or 20 kewal farms, and just a few of any other attack so the only person to gain a real advantage would be raiders. raiders = growth and activity = good.

down side is, AT run out before ST, and cost wise I think its cheaper to buy UU and AT with MT then to buy ST with MR, IDK

I see your point but that's why someone has a choice in the matter. You don't have to do it. Hell, it might have no effect on you at all but some players actually would like the added ST every once in a while. As for the limited part, I see no problem with it, if admin does it his way Razz Kenzu I don't see any point in your post. You need to make an argument. Not just "they grow fast enough already".

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:18 pm

I can see where it would come in real handy when your down ST from farming and raiding and then get in a situation where you need to fight for what ever reason.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:56 am

Nomad wrote:I can see where it would come in real handy when your down ST from farming and raiding and then get in a situation where you need to fight for what ever reason.

This is exactly why I like the Idea, I don't think of it as something that will be used often, only in this given example (above) as this situation has happened to me.
king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:03 am

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Nomad wrote:I can see where it would come in real handy when your down ST from farming and raiding and then get in a situation where you need to fight for what ever reason.

This is exactly why I like the Idea, I don't think of it as something that will be used often, only in this given example (above) as this situation has happened to me.
king

Personally I will be using it to raid with, if it gets pushed through Smile 100k extra uu just seem too good a deal to pass up Razz

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:00 pm

bump

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Disco_Vader Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:07 pm

I'm not certain this will help the game -- but I would definitely like it.
Disco_Vader
Disco_Vader
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Can you give a reason how it wouldn't help it or would be against it?

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Disco_Vader Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:29 pm

If that was directed at me -- I just said I wasn't certain it would help. That puts the burden on the side that believes it *will* help the game. That said, I think I'm with Nomad on this:

Nomad wrote:

Finally, as I already said, I would like this change -- pretty much for the same reasons the other folks on this thread would like it. I'm just not convinced this will help the game.

So let's just say I'm not against it.
Disco_Vader
Disco_Vader
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Disco_Vader wrote:If that was directed at me -- I just said I wasn't certain it would help. That puts the burden on the side that believes it *will* help the game. That said, I think I'm with Nomad on this:

Nomad wrote:

Finally, as I already said, I would like this change -- pretty much for the same reasons the other folks on this thread would like it. I'm just not convinced this will help the game.

So let's just say I'm not against it.

Good enough for me Very Happy

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:53 pm

I don't think it will 'help' the game in anyway, however it does give options other then running to PPT once you are out of STs if you were low before a fight started.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Disco_Vader Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Yeah, okay. I don't think anyone has raised concerns about this change actually hurting the game -- seems like everyone either likes it or is neutral. That being the case, if admin is willing to take it on, maybe we should do it.
Disco_Vader
Disco_Vader
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next