Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get rid of Upkeep cost to help farmers with proper strike

+6
Nomad
Alex
kingkongfan1
Admin
Lord Ishurue
Kenzu
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Get rid of Upkeep cost to make building strikes more attractive?

Get rid of Upkeep cost to help farmers with proper strike - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Get rid of Upkeep cost to help farmers with proper strike - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
Get rid of Upkeep cost to help farmers with proper strike - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Get rid of Upkeep cost to help farmers with proper strike - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
Get rid of Upkeep cost to help farmers with proper strike - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Get rid of Upkeep cost to help farmers with proper strike - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Get rid of Upkeep cost to help farmers with proper strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Get rid of Upkeep cost to help farmers with proper strike

Post by Lord Ishurue Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:35 am

Nomad wrote:I would equate empire upkeep to AE more then weapons cost, thats just me tho.

It would be more expensive , maybe 1% of income . I was more less thinking about Kenzu's RL approach to the game . The empire upkeep would be all the expenses it cost to run your realm/empire ( weapon upkeep , Civilian units upkeep , Technologies upkeep , Buildings upkeep , Airforce Upkeep , etc , etc .

instead of having a bunch of categories u combine them into 1 and call it Empire Upkeep .
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Get rid of Upkeep cost to help farmers with proper strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Get rid of Upkeep cost to help farmers with proper strike

Post by Vesper Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:46 am

If you want to be stronger and more powerful then everyone else I feel that it should tap into your income each day significantly rather then just buying the weapons and being done with it. If you want to have a strike to farm actives you better actually use it rather then just having it armed or you lose out. Upkeep costs force people to be more active with their accounts if they want to play the farmer strategy.

In every game you play if you actively farm and raid you will grow faster then those that don't. The upkeep cost i feel evens it out slightly allowing people to play various styles of play. I am sorta shocked that kenzu is arguing to lower the upkeep costs since he hardly hits actives players as is and if anything having the rates as they are helps him.
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Disco_Vader Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:12 am

I think Vesper makes a good point. The ongoing cost (versus point in time) cost of building up (for example) a large strike makes the prospect of selling off weapons when they are not needed a much more strategically interesting prospect. Seems to me this adds more depth.
Disco_Vader
Disco_Vader
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Farming actives is already very unprofitable, not many farms, risk of farming resulting in wars and so on.

Upkeep makes it even less profitable, and for many players makes it unprofitable.

If you can't live without upkeep, make upkeep 0.1% per day for each weapon.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Kenzu wrote:Farming actives is already very unprofitable, not many farms, risk of farming resulting in wars and so on.

I agree with this statement... Also I have come to the conclusion that my realm is not large enough for me to understand the reasoning behind this thread. my upkeep costs are well covered by my turn income, so all my farming is very profitable & that is why I have no issue with the upkeep costs.
king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Farming actives becomes more profitable the larger you grow. Now hitting a 0 def farm for 40mill/50mill/ maybe 80or90 mill is pure profit. But hitting a standing defense for 2 or 3 Bill and even after buy back the lost UU, training, and rearming them you still clear 1.5 to 2 bill kewal not that is REAL profit.

As for your turn income versus your upkeep cost you have to look at the cost all day every day. Lets just say your upkeep cost is 1 mill a turn, times 48 turns a day thats 48 mill kewal a day. That means you HAVE to farm 1 inactive for 48 mill kewal just to break even.

So if you never farm your going in the hole, if your farming 1 or 2 times a day its cutting your profits in half, but if you farm the maximum amount you can daily then you are hardly effected.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Nomad wrote:
As for your turn income versus your upkeep cost you have to look at the cost all day every day. Lets just say your upkeep cost is 1 mill a turn, times 48 turns a day thats 48 mill kewal a day. That means you HAVE to farm 1 inactive for 48 mill kewal just to break even.

yes but u only need 1 weapon to hit an inactive . To arm a big strike to farm , then you should beable to cover your upkeep cost by hitting active players .

if your upkeep for just your Strike weapons is 50mil a day then u need to make over 50mil profit from an active player , other wise your strike is not worth it to farm .

I sold mine cuz i couldn't find any Piggies .
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Nomad wrote:Farming actives becomes more profitable the larger you grow. Now hitting a 0 def farm for 40mill/50mill/ maybe 80or90 mill is pure profit. But hitting a standing defense for 2 or 3 Bill and even after buy back the lost UU, training, and rearming them you still clear 1.5 to 2 bill kewal not that is REAL profit.

So if you never farm your going in the hole, if your farming 1 or 2 times a day its cutting your profits in half, but if you farm the maximum amount you can daily then you are hardly effected.

@nomad, Thank you for the explaination, & what you've said here proves what I said earlier, as I farm only inactive accts. (for now) & make quite a good bit of profit from it...
king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2