Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increase basic bank size

+4
Alex
Nomad
Admin
Kenzu
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Increase basic bank size Empty Increase basic bank size

Post by Kenzu Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:45 pm

I think bank is too small. I recommend increasing basic bank size, so that it can hold 7 days of income.
Obviously if you increase bank size, you can have more kuwal, but I know that a lot of new players are unable to make the next weapon research even if they want to do only because their bank is too small and they dont know there is a posibility to increase bank size

If you increase your bank size through trade center to say 200%, you should be able to hold 14 days of income after the update.

Many players keep complaining bank size is too small.
Instead of leaving them angry with the small banks, they should get a favour and have banks which can hold 7 days of income.

Bank size is no problem for big players, but it is huge problem for small players who get farmed frequently, would like to research APC or IFV but cant, even though they are willing to save, ALL BECAUSE THE BANK SIZE IS TOO SMALL!
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Increase basic bank size Empty Re: Increase basic bank size

Post by Admin Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:11 pm

People always complain their bank is too small, haven't seen a game where this wasn't true
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:41 pm

So let us make the bank small. I dont see a reason why it shoul be kept small.

I just explained you why we cant keep it as small as it is now.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:09 am

why have a limitation and then make it so big its no longer a limitation?

As I said in the other thread, look at the other end of the spectrum, how big are the biggest banks now, if you amplify them haw many more upgrades can they buy, and how much further ahead will they pull?

to get a bigger bank all you got to do is grow, plus you have the option to buy a bigger bank.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:27 am

I agree with Nomad. If your bank size is too small it means that you as a player/account are too young/small to get that upgrade. All the accounts were once new and it should take time before you can get the next upgrade. If you can't hold enough kuwal in your bank or with your defence then you shouldn't really have the next upgrade. Older accounts had to increase thier banks to get the lvls they are on now, why should it be any different for new players.

And I also agree with Nomad on the point that bigger players could then get even further ahead, and this would in effect cancel out the newer players new lvls, leaving them just as far behind but with a different name for thier weapons, and a bigger number on the page.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Universe Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:24 am

Yup, bank size of 50m is exceptionally sufficient.
Figured I'd chime in, seeing how I have been playing as a very tiny one for a little month. 50m works fine.
Universe
Universe
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : 510
Or the year Clovis officially establishes Frankish Kingdom - Birth of France.
Alliance : Nah.. Smile
Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:45 pm

If a new player complains about that it's because he doesn't know how to play.

Just think how it was 6 months before. We all did 2-4 days of protection in order to get lvls 8 and 9 ..... now all you have to do is raid a few players, go to market and convert the UUs into kuwal to get those.

So tell those complaining to put their lazy ass to work for 10 min .... if they can't do that they should try other games.

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:03 pm

If someone is bothered by a bank size that is too small, maybe he/she should work on his income producing units in order to increase the bank size.
Plus there are other ways to store your Kuwal safely: attack turns, another player (needs SS and someone you trust), a broker noone in their right mind will accept (needs SS as well.)
You just need your creativity and possibly relationships with other players. Not bad to (learn to) use those. Smile

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:40 pm

Many players complain who have bank size much higher than 50m

They might have bank size 500 million but they would like to research the 900 million weapon research. We should give them the possibility to do that, without complicated methods of going on PPT for 4 days.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Kenzu wrote:They might have bank size 500 million but they would like to research the 900 million weapon research. We should give them the possibility to do that, without complicated methods of going on PPT for 4 days.
I completely agree with this argument!
After we increase bank size for the to 900 million, we definitely must increase it to 5bil so that they can afford the next weapon level too!

Actually, never mind, lets just make infinite bank size altogether. No point in limiting it at all.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Universe Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:56 pm

*grin* I love how sarcastic that was.
It suffices. If it doesn't, grow it yourself.
Don't lean on admin to fill in your inadequacies.
Universe
Universe
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Universe wrote:*grin* I love how sarcastic that was.
It suffices. If it doesn't, grow it yourself.
Don't lean on admin to fill in your inadequacies.

Impossible,
especially if you are a little player who has 20% population in defense, get farmed by IFV (level 10)
and has only Heavy Mortars (level 8 ) to protect oneself.

They cannot increase their bank size because they get farmed too much to make any progress and their defenses are insufficient with their weak weapons

You have no idea how big the problem is because you arent a small player.
A player, who want to research APC, need over 900 million in bank, which means he needs over 200.000 farmers. (10 million income per turn)

If the player doesn't log in for 12 hours, he will have 240 million kuwal out and will be farmed unless he has roughly 240 million defense
To have 240 million defense, he will need 63.157 armed super soldiers. (This means that he will need 64k defense, 40k spies and 40k assassins to protect 200k farmers income. He will have 38% of units in military to be safe and it will cost him 15.800.000.000 to buy and train so many supers alone. Where is he going to get the money from?. If he researched the 900 million APC technology he would need only 42.857 supers and that's a value of only 10.700.000.000).

(The attacker needs only 30.000 IFV to break through the defense)

Don't you think it's unfair?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:14 pm

Kenzu wrote:They cannot increase their bank size because they get farmed too much to make any progress and their defenses are insufficient with their weak weapons

Unless you somehow changed the game code in the last 5 minutes bank size can be increase with market reserves and there was no way in hell to be farmed out of market turns.

So ... as a piece of advice ..... think first and talk later.

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:19 pm

Kenzu wrote:You have no idea how big the problem is because you arent a small player.
A player, who want to research APC, need over 900 million in bank, which means he needs over 200.000 farmers. (10 million income per turn)

If the player doesn't log in for 12 hours, he will have 240 million kuwal out and will be farmed unless he has roughly 240 million defense
To have 240 million defense, he will need 63.157 armed super soldiers. (This means that he will need 64k defense, 40k spies and 40k assassins to protect 200k farmers income. He will have 38% of units in military to be safe and it will cost him 15.800.000.000 to buy and train so many supers alone. Where is he going to get the money from?. If he researched the 900 million APC technology he would need only 42.857 supers and that's a value of only 10.700.000.000).

I think your small player is brain dead or similar.

63157-42857 = 20,300 UU

At current market prices he can get the 900 mil using 1.5 MTs and 9879 UUs.

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:04 pm

6 against 1
I think the result is clear
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Universe Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:53 pm

For fun, and because I can:
Spoiler:
Kenzu wrote:You have no idea how big the problem is because you arent a small player.
Honey, I have been playing for 1 and half a month. I think my 25k army counts as pretty small, right?
Kenzu wrote:Don't you think it's unfair?
Nah, I don't. And I'm not the only one. Wink
Universe
Universe
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:18 am

rflash wrote:
Kenzu wrote:They cannot increase their bank size because they get farmed too much to make any progress and their defenses are insufficient with their weak weapons

Unless you somehow changed the game code in the last 5 minutes bank size can be increase with market reserves and there was no way in hell to be farmed out of market turns.

So ... as a piece of advice ..... think first and talk later.

That's very nice, but it doesn't work for a novice who doesnt know how Trade Center works

rflash wrote:

I think your small player is brain dead or similar.

63157-42857 = 20,300 UU

At current market prices he can get the 900 mil using 1.5 MTs and 9879 UUs.

That's very nice, but it doesn't work for a novice who doesnt know how Trade Center works

PS: If there would be no problems, I would not get so many messages from so many players bothering me about too small bank.

You provided no argument why the bank shouldn't be bigger. I provided why it should be bigger.
Besides, you might not care if people leave the game because they get upset about getting farmed and not being allowed to research new technology even though they are willing to save the kuwal for it. Some players left already. How about remove the option of new players registering? Most of them will get upset with the ridiculness of some things on AW anyway.

For fun, and because I can:
Spoiler:

Admin wrote:6 against 1
I think the result is clear

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Authors_Against_Einstein

"100 Autoren gegen Einstein"
und Einsteins Antwort darauf: "Wenn ich unrecht hätte, wäre einer genug!

Last edited by Kenzu on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Universe Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:30 am

1 day worth of ST of raiding (which, coincidentally, is cheaper at the low levels): 25k UU (that is if you suck at raiding, i.e. if you are a noob)
Trade-in value is little over 2.5B Kw. Sorry to say, but if you cannot scrounge together the dedication to get a bit of raiding done, but instead choose to send YOU messages about how small their banks are, then they suck.

Rather than enabling this conduct, you should teach them how to play. Not enable their whining by increasing bank sizes because some kids don't want to play the game.

(Edit: Nice save on the spoiler. Wink)
Universe
Universe
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:13 am

Kenzu I think everyone here has brought up multiple points as to why its not needed, you just dont seem to acknowlege them.

And I hate to say it, but when I started I couldnt go 12 hrs without being farmed, why should they be allowed to. If they are lazy its their loss. You have options.
1. Learn to use the trade center
2. Buy a bigger bank
3. Increase your size, income, and bank capasity
4. Learn to use realm alert, motivation, and any other means of income control when away for extended periods.

Now please address those concern brought up against increasing bank space, like looking at the other end of the spectrum, and why have a limit at all if its so big its not even a limitation.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:56 am

I dont see why there is a limit to the bank at all
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Lol .... despite the arguments a couple of us presented your only counter argument was : I'm too stupid to understand what you are saying.

Now as you have seen admin added some guidelines in the bank page.

Now please don't come and say the excuse has just became "I'm too stupid to read" Twisted Evil

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:12 pm

rflash wrote:Lol .... despite the arguments a couple of us presented your only counter argument was : I'm too stupid to understand what you are saying.

Now as you have seen admin added some guidelines in the bank page.

Now please don't come and say the excuse has just became "I'm too stupid to read" Twisted Evil

Ha ha ha Razz
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:29 pm

rflash wrote:Now please don't come and say the excuse has just became "I'm too stupid to read"
How is that not a valid argument?

You know how much easier it would be for me if people really weren't that dumb?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:42 pm

I can't imagine a world full of perfectionists cyclops

and about the bank size... its ok the way it is..

Survivor
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:51 pm

Survivor wrote:I can't imagine a world full of perfectionists cyclops
I wish for a world of people having at least the intelligence level of a fruit fly, but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon either.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next