Officer's bank size display

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Officer's bank size display

Post by Nigatsu_Aka on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:33 am

Bank size should not be displayed on officers page. The commander should not be able to see this information. If the officer wants to share the information he can do it, but this is none of commanders bussiness to know if the officer has xxx% bank size. In fact, i think that the commander should not be able to see the technologies either.
avatar
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:08 am

Well I am split, on one side I see your point, on the other hand the point of having an officer is to have someone weaker as officer so the commander can act as the guiding hand, hence seeing that information is important.

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Nigatsu_Aka on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:45 am

Most commander-officer relations are based on income.

The thing is that some people ask others to become their officers to check if they attacked some of their friends or else they get the stick; that way, someone can get more information than they should.
Also, bank size is not displayed on spy reports and should not be. On a realistical view, it's impossible to determine how much money could someone have.

Also, what guiding can a commander do on this aspect? The bigger the bank, the better, it's elementary... hence why the commander should not see the bank size.
avatar
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:54 pm

a commander might tell someone that it's a waste to try and get your bank to 500-600% so that the new guy doesn't even start to go for that aim

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Nigatsu_Aka on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:04 pm

That aim is impossible for a new guy to achieve in a short time without spending on many SS packages and in my opinion it is NOT a waste to invest in bank size. The sooner you start upgrading it, the more you benefit later from it, because this is an upgrade that requires a lot of time.

Also, I recall that the bank size was not on officers base page before... did anyone asked you to add it?... must be a new "secret" addition (do you remember the "features" in SGW?!), because i can't find the notifications in the updates either.
avatar
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:35 pm

no one asked me to add it, i still really dont see the bad side of it, any chance you could explain why it's bad?

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Nomad on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:41 pm

I agree with Nig on it being one of the best investments for early players. Without the bank space increases many upgrades are out of reach for smaller players.

That said I do kinna agree with admin, whats wrong/the bad side to it being shown to a CO. If its a real CO, as in one who is actually helping then it needs to be known, and if your just leaching income and have no affiliation with your CO then its just a lose of privacy you have to accept.

I don't really have a stance either way, I see more people (mainly REAL CO's) wanting it there versus people wanting it removed.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:04 pm

my motivation for adding it was because I was looking at someone through the baseO page and noticed it doesn't display the bank size.
considering it IS supposed to mimic the normal base page to about 95%, i felt that by putting it there, I actually fixed a missing item

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Nigatsu_Aka on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Admin wrote:my motivation for adding it was because I was looking at someone through the baseO page and noticed it doesn't display the bank size.
considering it IS supposed to mimic the normal base page to about 95%, i felt that by putting it there, I actually fixed a missing item

Then if it's not supposed to be a secret, make it to apear in covert logs too... though that is a bad ideea.

no one asked me to add it, i still really dont see the bad side of it, any chance you could explain why it's bad?

I think that it should be secret, because the bank size shows the capacity that someone has for fighting back. Personally, I DO NOT want a CO to see my bank size - my potential for fighting back. A co can see my stats, my logs, my techs... i think that is enough for him to know.





That said I do kinna agree with admin, whats wrong/the bad side to it being shown to a CO. If its a real CO, as in one who is actually helping then it needs to be known, and if your just leaching income and have no affiliation with your CO then its just a lose of privacy you have to accept.
That information doesn't help a GOOD go, as much as it "helps" a BAD co with malevolent intentions. A good CO would just say, "upgrade bank as much as possible and if you don't have enough space, i'll help you store some of the money".
avatar
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:24 pm

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:That information doesn't help a GOOD go, as much as it "helps" a BAD co with malevolent intentions. A good CO would just say, "upgrade bank as much as possible and if you don't have enough space, i'll help you store some of the money".
I strongly disagree with that statement. A small player doesn't need a huge ass bank bonus to be able to afford new tech levels because chances are that they are trying to buy themselves too far ahead, and in the rare cases they need to get that new level, they can just wait a week and pile up units they will sell later
instead of going for 300-700% bank they could simply use those hundreds over hundreds of market trades to get more turns so that they can raid and farm more (and if they dont have the time to raid/farm then they will most definitely take way too long to even save up the required kuwal, bank size or not, to pay for that new level)

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Nigatsu_Aka on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:46 pm

Admin wrote:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:That information doesn't help a GOOD go, as much as it "helps" a BAD co with malevolent intentions. A good CO would just say, "upgrade bank as much as possible and if you don't have enough space, i'll help you store some of the money".
I strongly disagree with that statement. A small player doesn't need a huge ass bank bonus to be able to afford new tech levels because chances are that they are trying to buy themselves too far ahead, and in the rare cases they need to get that new level, they can just wait a week and pile up units they will sell later
instead of going for 300-700% bank they could simply use those hundreds over hundreds of market trades to get more turns so that they can raid and farm more (and if they dont have the time to raid/farm then they will most definitely take way too long to even save up the required kuwal, bank size or not, to pay for that new level)

If they would have SS they would do just that. But chances are greater that new players won't get SS that early, so they do need bank size and as soon as they realize that bank size grows with the no. of income units, they will start valuing more the % in bank increase on long term. But this is not about the new players, its more about the old players who invested in bank-size, instead of other things like turns. I can't bring more arguments other than what i said so far, perhaps that it would be better to hear other opinions aswell.

I wouldn't have brought this discussion up, if bank size would have been a stat that was displayed on officers base page since the begining of the game and also apeared in covert logs.
avatar
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Magnus on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:42 am

So what difference does it make if you see it now or later ?
Plus SS does not really cost the world and people will buy it when a person needs it. So there always is a way. The only reason I could see against being able to see the bank size is if you get in a war. If that officer was in a alliance you are going to war with you would closely know what that person had. So that would be the only benefit. The rest in my opinion who cares since there are many different strategys to use
avatar
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Age : 45
Number of posts : 312
Location : Here I am here ha ha ha ha
Registration date : 2009-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Nomad on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:53 am

who keeps a bank full? or even half full? LOL
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by seaborgium on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:55 am

you look at there page?

well crap maybe i should start.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Nigatsu_Aka on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:47 am

seaborgium wrote:you look at there page?

well crap maybe i should start.

lol you're the ones asking people to become your officers so that you can check logs if they attacked your kind... so cut the crap... lol Being able to see their bank size is a bonus for you, when needing to mass them later.

I didn't had officers until recently, so i looked if there was anything changed since the last time i had which was almost year ago. If i didn't, i wouldn't have known about this... so if you ask me, that is quite a moronic question - how else could i know? Sorry.

Nomad wrote:who keeps a bank full? or even half full? LOL

Everyone, i suppose. lol Cool
avatar
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:26 am

dont forget that AE cuts into your income but bank size is calculated by theoretical income.
So when the bank can hold normally 1.5-2 days of income, if you reach 50% ae then you can automatically bank 3-4 days without any upgrades.

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Miglow on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:33 pm

@nigatsu: Covert page is completely different than the CO page. The CO page shows status on work conditions and realm alert. Should that be on covert? No, definitely not.

One should only add a CO they trust, unless they are willing to sell your privacy for money. That said, it wasn't untill I joined an Alliance till I learned that CO's can peek at your info. It wasn't till a month and a half later when I got my first officer when I could see the page and learn how much privacy I was selling away.

It should be a bit more clear to new players that a CO can see your stats. On top of that, letting the new person know that it is to help them be apprenticed.


Nomad wrote:who keeps a bank full? or even half full? LOL

Anyone who is saving up money for a big purchase? Not to mention, keeping money in the bank can be extremely useful in a war situation for rebuilding quickly. Or even untraining/retraining units in response to war breaking out.

As a brand spanking new player, one should never hold onto money. It should go straight into training eco units and/or raising UU. Every turn it's not earning kuwal is a waste of time/money. As an older account, holding onto a few billion isn't a bad insurance policy.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Age : 36
Number of posts : 150
Location : Tx
Registration date : 2010-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer's bank size display

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum