Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Add Assassins to personal bonus

+3
rflash
Admin
Lord Ishurue
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Add  Assassins  to personal bonus - Page 2 Empty Re: Add Assassins to personal bonus

Post by Nomad Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:44 pm

what I'm saying is, if you a a % of income boost, lets say 5% since I suck at math. You have a 5% boost and 100% AE, then you get the full 5% boost. but if your AE is 50%, then that same boost is 2.5%

the income boost given from personal bonus points is figured pre AE and is therefore subject to being reduced by AE

If it was added to income Post AE then it would not be decreased by AE

did that make sense?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Add  Assassins  to personal bonus - Page 2 Empty Re: Add Assassins to personal bonus

Post by Lord Ishurue Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:35 pm

Nomad wrote:what I'm saying is, if you a a % of income boost, lets say 5% since I suck at math. You have a 5% boost and 100% AE, then you get the full 5% boost. but if your AE is 50%, then that same boost is 2.5%

the income boost given from personal bonus points is figured pre AE and is therefore subject to being reduced by AE

If it was added to income Post AE then it would not be decreased by AE

did that make sense?

It Made sense to me , Becuase AE reduced my Income bonus .
lets use my income since i have 1 point in income ( # Income: 1 Points resulting in a 0.125% bonus to income )

income with out bonus is , answer this proves AE effects income bonus . as you see if income bonus was added after AE my income would be .
not

If anything thing new players should put all their points in income and change them to military once they reach AE . then again even that is probably not worth it , since new players could put them all in attack and covert .
attack would make farm costs cheaper, and high Covert would will require less recon missions to get potential farms defense

Thats why in an earlier post i said ( Assuming Assassins and UP bonus are created ) automatically set 5 points to all 6 bonuses from the start . after 1 or 2 months the player can move them to were they are needed .

When I started playing I thought covert was useless , and changed them to mostly attack and defense .
Now after playing for 2.5 months I realized what points I need for my playing style .

Admin can you delete this post since you provided the correct math .

Last edited by Lord Ishurue on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:27 pm

sorry but that's wrong math you're doing
You're adding something (the absolute value of your income boost) you should be multiplying (the % increase of your natural income), you will obviously get errors.

Nomad you said you .... at math:
Both personal bonus and AE have multiplicative effects. Hence it is irrelevant if one is used before the other.

1 x 0.6 x 1.00125 == 1 x 1.00125 x 0.6

You can try on the calculator, when multiplying or dividing, it doesn't matter what operation is made in what order, you'll always get the same result.
You said the same boost was 2.5%, yes 2.5% of the original value, but compared to the after AE value it will be equal to the 5% you started out with (2.5/50=0.05). So the bonus doesn't get smaller, you would still have 5% larger income over someone who didn't have the bonus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Osyndicate Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:18 am

I like this idea, but I think everyone should get a free stat change after this.

I see it unfair for this to happen and leave all of the old individuals in the dust.
This would especially displease someone who really likes assassins!
Osyndicate
Osyndicate
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : Syndicate
SS Currently Active.
Alliance : World Republic.
Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-05-02

http://google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2